Stonboulini cue (SP?????)

tk_it_ez

Bet against me
Silver Member
Anyone ever heard of a stonboulini cue?

Someone around here is trying to sell one and I have never heard of it. I have never seen it and this was his spelling of the name so I don't know if it is correct. Could be a first and last name, just a last or a brand name.

I know that is not a lot to go on but any help or ideas about what he might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nathan

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
" Julio Stramboulini " I think is the spelling . Anyway, he's a ficticious cuemaker from the Adams/Helmsetter camp. There was a line in the 80's and again in the mid 90's maybe later? Not bad cues as long as you don't pay too much. hopes this at least gets you pointed in the right direction.

Andy

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
tk_it_ez said:

Someone around here is trying to sell one and I have never heard of it. I have never seen it and this was his spelling of the name so I don't know if it is correct. Could be a first and last name, just a last or a brand name.

I know that is not a lot to go on but any help or ideas about what he might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nathan

Hello Nathan, I have never heard of a Stonbolini Cue, However, Adam cues made a series of cues that were called Julio Stambolini.

They start production in the middle 1980's with the first series until the early 1990's when they stopped the first series started the second series.

The production ceased around 1995 or 1996 for the second series.

I would suspect that this is the type of cue you are Trying to identify, all these cues have Julio Stambolini under the finish on the forearm.

Hope this helps, and have a good night.

Manwon

Last edited:

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tk_it_ez said:

Thanks

Nathan

Stramboulini. Supposedly named after the original cuemaker or owner I think. Along the same lines as Karella, but probably a little better quality than Karella. Made overseas and often having veneers in the sleeve, criss crossing type stuff I think was common. Not a lot of information out there about them, not much value relatively speaking.

Kelly

Last edited:

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tk_it_ez said:

Thanks

Nathan

That spelling is not quite right. It is a Stambolini and used to be made Adams Cue co. in Japan.

Dick

tk_it_ez

Bet against me
Silver Member
Thanks everyone. Really appreciate your help.

With a little search, I found the following prices. $65-$210 new Does that sound about right to you guys?

Thanks again,

Nathan

Last edited:

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tk_it_ez said:
Thanks everyone. Really appreciate your help.

With a little search, I found the following prices. $65-$210 new Does that sound about right to you guys?

Thanks again,

Nathan

Yeah, that seems to be about the right price range and what I have seen them go for.
Kelly