Reload this Page SVB's Mosconi Facebook post
Page 1 of 13 1 2311 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
SVB's Mosconi Facebook post
Old
  (#1)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

SVB's Mosconi Facebook post - 06-01-2018, 09:50 AM

Boot Camp, LMAO......

June 1, 2018

To my Fans and Sponsors,

It’s that time of year……We are approaching the selection of the 2018 Mosconi Cup initial squad. Since playing in my first Cup over ten years ago I’ve been a part of several changes. Some changes I feel were needed and others in my opinion were questionable. This gruelling Cup format brings on a tremendous amount of pressure. A jam-packed venue with crazy, energetic fans that helps grow the sport we all love. As you all know, I travel more than any US player, honing my skills and etching my name in history. Therefore, my schedule leaves very little time for my family and friends. An expansion to the selection process has been made, putting heavy demands on my schedule, including two mandatory boot camps in the US and 3 others in Europe. This expanded programme takes at least five weeks out of my busy schedule. Therefore, I have elected to not take part in the programme this year.

Obviously, this will greatly reduce my chances of representing the USA next December. However, if ultimately picked, I would proudly represent our country and arrive in London prior to the event and practice with the team. No disrespect to my fans, sponsors and captains. I hope to be on the team, but I understand if they go in a different direction. Either way, I will continue to practice hard and put in the hours it takes to play this game at such a high level. Thanks again for your understanding and continued support. And I hope USA wins 👍🏻

Respectfully,

Shane Van Boening

Old
  (#2)
Tooler
Inside Engrish Prease
Tooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

06-01-2018, 09:58 AM

Can you blame him ? 5 weeks of prep is a little nuts.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Playing cues: Big-Pin Ivory Scruggs
Judd Wrapless (Still the All Time Fav).
Cue Case: Whitten 2x4
Tip: Searing (Hard)
Fav shaft: Gulyassy SPTX(whip it good)

Old
  (#3)
greyghost
exile
greyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond repute

06-01-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooler View Post
Can you blame him ? 5 weeks of prep is a little nuts.

Yeah they’ll probably need 10...sorry couldn’t help the joke lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old
  (#4)
Tooler
Inside Engrish Prease
Tooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

06-01-2018, 10:19 AM

LOL......... It's to early for this crap.
Attached Images

--------------------------------------------------------------
Playing cues: Big-Pin Ivory Scruggs
Judd Wrapless (Still the All Time Fav).
Cue Case: Whitten 2x4
Tip: Searing (Hard)
Fav shaft: Gulyassy SPTX(whip it good)

Old
  (#5)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

06-01-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
Boot Camp, LMAO......

June 1, 2018

To my Fans and Sponsors,

It’s that time of year……We are approaching the selection of the 2018 Mosconi Cup initial squad. Since playing in my first Cup over ten years ago I’ve been a part of several changes. Some changes I feel were needed and others in my opinion were questionable. This gruelling Cup format brings on a tremendous amount of pressure. A jam-packed venue with crazy, energetic fans that helps grow the sport we all love. As you all know, I travel more than any US player, honing my skills and etching my name in history. Therefore, my schedule leaves very little time for my family and friends. An expansion to the selection process has been made, putting heavy demands on my schedule, including two mandatory boot camps in the US and 3 others in Europe. This expanded programme takes at least five weeks out of my busy schedule. Therefore, I have elected to not take part in the programme this year.

Obviously, this will greatly reduce my chances of representing the USA next December. However, if ultimately picked, I would proudly represent our country and arrive in London prior to the event and practice with the team. No disrespect to my fans, sponsors and captains. I hope to be on the team, but I understand if they go in a different direction. Either way, I will continue to practice hard and put in the hours it takes to play this game at such a high level. Thanks again for your understanding and continued support. And I hope USA wins 👍🏻

Respectfully,

Shane Van Boening
This FB post is proof that SVB is a great player ...he beat the ghost so bad that the ghost
is now working for him....’cause his FB post HAS to be ghost written....
...what American uses the spelling “programme” instead of “program”?

This spelling is also a clue that the ‘ghost’ is English.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#6)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member

Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
06-01-2018, 10:22 AM

Good for him. Brave and sensible.I hope this will be the first nail in the coffin of this senseless circus.

Old
  (#7)
greyghost
exile
greyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond repute

06-01-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
This FB post is proof that SVB is a great player ...he beat the ghost so bad that the ghost

is now working for him....’cause his FB post HAS to be ghost written....

...what American uses the spelling “programme” instead of “program”?

This spelling is also a clue that the ‘ghost’ is English.

That’s a good eye

Old
  (#8)
greyghost
exile

06-01-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostroke View Post
Good for him. Brave and sensible.I hope this will be the first nail in the coffin of this senseless circus.

I think they should add a potato sack race if you ask me

Old
  (#9)
woodhams
AzB Bronze Member
woodhams has a reputation beyond reputewoodhams has a reputation beyond reputewoodhams has a reputation beyond reputewoodhams has a reputation beyond reputewoodhams has a reputation beyond reputewoodhams has a reputation beyond reputewoodhams has a reputation beyond reputewoodhams has a reputation beyond reputewoodhams has a reputation beyond reputewoodhams has a reputation beyond reputewoodhams has a reputation beyond repute

06-01-2018, 10:45 AM

Good going...…….he is a great player...….to much crap just to get on the team...……..das anybody know how much he has to spend just to be on the team...….he is one of the best in the usa

Old
  (#10)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

06-01-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
Boot Camp, LMAO......

June 1, 2018

To my Fans and Sponsors,

Respectfully,

Shane Van Boening
Now it will be very interesting to see if he is still picked for the team, in as much as he has told them he will not be participating in the team training process prior to the event. I guess I kind of have mixed feelings regarding this, but as he has clearly proven himself to be the best US 9-ball player for the past 10 years, by a wide margin, personally I still think he deserves an invite, even though he may not fully participate in the training sessions.

Old
  (#11)
nine_ball6970
585 speed drunk
nine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond repute

06-01-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinNC View Post
Now it will be very interesting to see if he is still picked for the team, in as much as he has told them he will not be participating in the team training process prior to the event. I guess I kind of have mixed feelings regarding this, but as he has clearly proven himself to be the best US 9-ball player for the past 10 years, by a wide margin, personally I still think he deserves an invite, even though he may not fully participate in the training sessions.
He is the best player US has to offer but he is not a very good team player. He is 11-16 in singles and 11-17 in doubles over his Mosconi Cup career.

Honestly I think he hurts the team because it is demoralizing when you feel your best player is not winning in a team format. I feel that puts even more pressure on the other players.

Old
  (#12)
Maniac
2manyQ's
Maniac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-01-2018, 11:02 AM

He belongs on the team regardless....

That said, I lost interest in the MC several years ago when the overseas fans got so nasty, they were throwing things and making comments about one players wife. That and the fact that the USA simply cannot compete with the Europeans anymore.

So basically, I think he SHOULD spend more available time with family and friends. Life's too short not to.

Maniac

Playing cues: 2 Larry Vigus 60" customs, Jacoby D11 w/314-2
Break/jump cues: Larry Vigus 60"dedicated break, Jerico Stinger, Jacoby jump cue
Case: 2 Sterling Wave 4x8's, Sterling butterfly

"I try to think, but nothing happens!" Curly Howard

Old
  (#13)
Maniac
2manyQ's
Maniac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-01-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_ball6970 View Post
Honestly I think he hurts the team because it is demoralizing when you feel your best player is not winning in a team format. I feel that puts even more pressure on the other players.
As if the team will do better without him? Maybe it's the rest of the team demoralizing HIM.

Maniac (wow, just WOW)

Playing cues: 2 Larry Vigus 60" customs, Jacoby D11 w/314-2
Break/jump cues: Larry Vigus 60"dedicated break, Jerico Stinger, Jacoby jump cue
Case: 2 Sterling Wave 4x8's, Sterling butterfly

"I try to think, but nothing happens!" Curly Howard

Old
  (#14)
Inaction
AzB Silver Member
Inaction has a reputation beyond reputeInaction has a reputation beyond reputeInaction has a reputation beyond reputeInaction has a reputation beyond reputeInaction has a reputation beyond reputeInaction has a reputation beyond reputeInaction has a reputation beyond reputeInaction has a reputation beyond reputeInaction has a reputation beyond reputeInaction has a reputation beyond reputeInaction has a reputation beyond repute

06-01-2018, 11:28 AM

Add Canada to our team.

Alex

Stephen Holem, a 21 or 22 year old from Calgary who is shooting very well. Heard that he ran 13 racks of 8 ball last year in the finals of the VNEA Intermediate championship. Came out of the one loss bracket in the race to 7 tournament.
Just won the Masters 8 ball this week.

Old
  (#15)
vjmehra
AzB Silver Member
vjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond repute

06-01-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinNC View Post
I normally think the US players don't take it seriously enough (as in the qualifying / training), but here you have to feel for him, it sounds like a lot to ask and presumably is all unpaid?

On this occasion it is completely understandable.

What is interesting is that sometimes losing your best player can have an uplifting effect...so you never know!

Page 1 of 13 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: