Limbsaver X-1

FLOG378

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone ever used this product? What you think about the quality and effectiveness of it?

I am looking to put one on a Schon LTD.

Thanks to all

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
I'm curious about that product too...Grady is the only person I know of using it.

MFB

Just a User
Silver Member
I don't get it

I cannot understand why someone would want to 'dampen' the vibration of you cue stick. :confused:

To me, the vibration that the cue stick makes when striking the cueball is essential to, and an intricate part of, the feedback system needed to evaluate your stroke.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
MFB said:
I cannot understand why someone would want to 'dampen' the vibration of you cue stick. :confused:

To me, the vibration that the cue stick makes when striking the cueball is essential to, and an intricate part of, the feedback system needed to evaluate your stroke.
tap, tap , tap

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
OK, I use it and it was actually very effective. I think the vibration that goes into your arm after the hit is dampened quite effectively. Don't want to get Pool Elbow (as opposed to Racker's Elbow! :D ) and I was very skeptical at first. But after the first hit, I believe it has helped develop even more feel for the hit.

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
I play in flip-flops a lot. I love my Toesaver!:D Plus it's fun to lightly bounce the cue.:cool: I have had one since they first came out, Whether or not it makes my cue play any different.:confused: But I don't think it could hurt the feel.

ratcues

No yodeling, please.
Silver Member
Most people I have talked with love them. You feel the feedback and then the vibration is dampened at the butt cap.

They also have products for bows, guns, drums, bats, etc.... They are a great company to do business with.

steev

Lazy User
Silver Member
mine lasted one day on the cue. if anyone wants to buy it (adjustable collet model), pm me.

-s

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have one on my main cue.

Thought I'd try it, mostly because I was curious.

I cannot say it improves anything that I can measure.

The main reason I keep it on is that it make a pretty good bumper.
Super soft, jelly like rubber that bounces if you let the cue drop.

Generates a lot of questions though.

DREAMWEVE

I have a limbsaver on my Predator. I can't tell much difference. So far, nobody has ever mentioned it. I don't really hear much about them anymore

longhair

Boyd Porter-Reynolds
Silver Member
I've tried them. I think that a limbsaver can make a cheap cue feel better, but if you like the feel of your cue already, you won't like the change it makes.

travis trotter

pro pool player
Silver Member
limbsaver x-1

i do like the product i have one on my cuetec cue and it really does wonders for me

thanks

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not played with one, but I understand how vibration dampeners work with tennis rackets. The are two types of vibration. Primary and secondary. What happens with a tennis racket is that dampeners reduce secondary vibration which makes the hit feel different. Most players like this change in feel. This does not help stop primary vibration which is the kind that causes tennis elbow. I have serious doubts about the cue dampener helping reduce pain. I would think that any pain you feel would be to the repetive motion of swinging your arm. I don't get this pain because I spent most of my time sitting or racking. My opponents do most of the hitting. If you like the different feel then use it, but I don't think it helps medically. Think about the vibration traveling from the tip to where your hand is to the end where the dampener is. How can this stop vibration from to your hand.

PoolSponge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one on my player and I like it. I also used to have one on my breaker till it was broken off. I still don't know how that happened. One day the screw (plastic) just snapped and looked like it was doing a pac man impression. Oh well. On the breaker the difference is massive. You really notice the damper and I find it helps over the course of a tournament. My elbow doesn't feel as sore as it did from slamming the pack over and over. In my player I just find that it creates the soft feel and pure feedback as that most vibration is what is kicked back from the rubber. That is how it works. It allows you to feel the initial feedback from the impact but not the kickback vibration. IMO the initial feedback is the important part and without the kickback it is easier to "feel" what actually happened in my stroke.