Pro Women Take a Shot at the Men During the Predator World 10-Ball Championships

koreandragon

Banned
Gold Member
Six women will join the predominantly male 96 player invited field at the Predator World 10-Ball Championship May 23-27,2007 in Jacksonville ,FL. Included in this female team are WPBA pros Gerda Hofstatter of Austria, Kim Shaw of England, and Anna Kostanian of New Mexico. Three junior talents will also join the Big Boys with Yu Ram Cha and Bo Ram Cha of Korea and Amalia Matas of Spain.

It is rare for women to be included in major men's pro events and especially world title events and here's what some of the ladies had to say of the opportunity.

"I've been playing with Predator for many years now and I'm very happy to be invited by them to participate against the world's best players. I know I can beat any of the men at any given time so I hope they're ready !" warned the soft spoken Austrain Gerda Hofstatter, currently ranked #9 on the Womens Pro Tour.

"I am excited to be able to play in the men's World Championship. It will be a great challenge and I will practice and try very hard." said 19 year old Yu Ram Cha of Korea, currently #1 Woman's Player in Korea.

Events will start off at 7pm with a Challenge the Pro Night benefitting the Boys and Girls Club of Jacksonville , FL. Fans can come watch for free and play the pros for a donation to the charity.

For more info on event and tickets call Bankshot Billiards at 1-904.998.2100 or email world10ballchampionships@gmail.com

Takumi4G63

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
koreandragon said:
"I've been playing with Predator for many years now and I'm very happy to be invited by them to participate against the world's best players. I know I can beat any of the men at any given time so I hope they're ready !" warned the soft spoken Austrain Gerda Hofstatter, currently ranked #9 on the Womens Pro Tour.

How does she know this if she never plays against them? If this were true why have I never seen her playing in the major men's tourneys??? Seriously, FEW players regardless of gender can say that they can beat "at any given time" the ranks of Efren, Alcano, Orcollo, etc.

I was a little disappointed to not see Jasmin or Ga Young (among others) not playing in this event. I hope more women start playing in all tournaments.

JonoNZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quick side note

I watched a video of Jamin playing last night and I very impressed by her approach to the table. By this I mean here preshot and how she addresses the shot.

She plays pretty good too ;)

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
doing some cyphering here . . .

Lets see, ninety men, six women. I think it fair to say that all of the women are a notch below the very best women too or at least they are lesser known than the elite few.

A great opportunity for women?

This event should prove once and for all that men are better! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hu

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
This is a invitational tournament and they are excited about being invited and having a chance to play against the men? What about all of the open tournaments that are held during the year? They are open which means anyone can enter. I don't see many females lining up for those tournaments.