Reload this Page 2007 World 14.1 Videos Finally Appearing
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
2007 World 14.1 Videos Finally Appearing
Old
  (#1)
mosconiac
Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
mosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 624

2007 World 14.1 Videos Finally Appearing - 08-20-2007, 12:24 PM

propoolvideo.com has put up the first video from the 2007 World 14.1 Championships.

Can't tell you how it came out because I'm just starting to watch it.

http://propoolvideo.com/predator-wor....-hopkins.html

Primary Cue: Barry Szamboti (Pic1/Pic2)
Break Cue: Predator BK2
Case: Jack Justis (Pic)
Table: Kim Steel 9' (Pic)
Hannah: She Chalks Before Every Shot (Pic/Vid1/Vid2)

Last edited by mosconiac; 08-20-2007 at 12:29 PM.

Thanks
Old
  (#2)
eales
AzB Silver Member
eales has a reputation beyond reputeeales has a reputation beyond reputeeales has a reputation beyond reputeeales has a reputation beyond reputeeales has a reputation beyond reputeeales has a reputation beyond reputeeales has a reputation beyond reputeeales has a reputation beyond reputeeales has a reputation beyond reputeeales has a reputation beyond reputeeales has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Thanks - 08-20-2007, 08:43 PM

I thought this was a great match to feature. Both players show a little of what it is to play the game. Thanks again.

Jim Eales

Old
  (#3)
andriuxa
AzB Bronze Member
andriuxa is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up 08-21-2007, 03:06 AM

25 min of video! OH MY GOD!!!!!

Old
  (#4)
JayBates
AzB Silver Member
JayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond repute

08-21-2007, 11:57 AM

nice shot by Hohman at 25:20. played the 14 ball on the same side of the pack, grazing the seven on top...it was dead but what a good eye to spot a shot and to take advantage without scratching...well done Hohman!
Jay

Old
  (#5)
D Player
AzB Silver Member
D Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond repute

08-22-2007, 12:23 PM

I just finished watching Thorsten's first run of 139...the propoolvideo.com footage is great. I don't mind the zooming in and out too much, and I really like how they can edit down the time in between shots. It allows me to squeeze the maximum amount of straight pool viewing possible into my work day!!

The 14 ball shot people are referencing was amazing. I saw that Thorsten looked closely at the cue ball to see if it was frozen, but I didn't see the ref go in for a bird's eye view. I'm assuming that if the balls were not frozen, the Thorsten would have had to jack up to avoid a double-hit in order to pot the 14. Is that correct? And does the ref typically only go in for a really close look when asked by the opposing player, or is it just up to the individual ref to decide??

Old
  (#6)
JayBates
AzB Silver Member
JayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond reputeJayBates has a reputation beyond repute

08-22-2007, 12:31 PM

i was told it was a thinner cut on the 7 to pot the 14 than what the video makes it out to be. it was a legal shot. didn't the ref come over and watch? maybe i was mistaken.
Jay

Old
  (#7)
D Player
AzB Silver Member
D Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond repute

08-22-2007, 01:04 PM

Jay,

I looked at it again, and you're right. I does look like it was a thin cut on the 7. Plus after contact, the 7 hardly moved -- if Thorsten had shot through the ball I would expect the 7 would have shot out of the stack...my mistake. Still a great shot.

Thanks,
Jeff

new vids out soon
Old
  (#8)
dmgwalsh
Straight Pool Fanatic
dmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1400

new vids out soon - 09-13-2007, 01:14 PM

I got an email from Jorge. A new 14.1 vid will be out in the next few days.

Old
  (#9)
Blackjack
Illuminati Blacksmack
Blackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

09-13-2007, 01:37 PM

I'm spoke to Jorge on Saturday to set up a time to help out with the commentary on some of the remaining matches. John DiToro will be out of town for a while, which may hold things up a little bit, but plans are in the works for the rest of the commentary to be completed. If I find anything out, I'll let you know about it. I'm sure that you guys will be impressed with the commentary that is provided this year and with the people that are helping out with this project!

"Turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!" ~ Les Nessman

“Dead balls are harder to find than they are to make." ~ Cisero Murphy

"When all else fails, try not missing ... INTENTIONALLY." ~ Steve Mizerak

www.thezone-spc.com

Playing Cue - McDermott D-21 w/ Predator Z Shaft
Favorite Pool Player - Joey Koontz

Engert/schmidt
Old
  (#10)
dmgwalsh
Straight Pool Fanatic
dmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1400

Engert/schmidt - 09-13-2007, 03:05 PM

the new vid with Grady commentating should be up tonight.
Couple of big runs.

Engert/Schmidt video is up!
Old
  (#11)
Jorge Torres
AzB Silver Member
Jorge Torres is a glorious beacon of lightJorge Torres is a glorious beacon of lightJorge Torres is a glorious beacon of lightJorge Torres is a glorious beacon of lightJorge Torres is a glorious beacon of lightJorge Torres is a glorious beacon of light

Engert/Schmidt video is up! - 09-13-2007, 07:26 PM

The latest World 14.1 match is now up at ProPoolVideo.com. It's a good one and it features commentary by Grady Mathews and John Di Toro.

Enjoy!

Old
  (#12)
yobagua
AzB Silver Member
yobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond reputeyobagua has a reputation beyond repute

09-14-2007, 02:51 AM

Are the DVD's out for sale? I dont have the time to sit in front of my computer for one viewing. Also my streaming is not that good.

Old
  (#13)
Reaper114
Lurking in the Shadows
Reaper114 will become famous soon enoughReaper114 will become famous soon enough

09-14-2007, 03:58 AM

A Nice match too watch, Some Nice Runs and some safety, Engert played really nice during his high run but safety was woeful. First time i seen Schmidt play and gotta say he can certainly shoot, Kinda looked a bit eratic with a few shots but knocked in some nice balls to recover. In whole was impressed(Sure he can play better from what ive heard). Nice commentary too! Jus hope that site keeps posting the great videos of 14-1.
Definately worth the watch

R114

Old
  (#14)
Solartje
the Brunswick BUG bit me
Solartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond reputeSolartje has a reputation beyond repute

09-14-2007, 04:45 AM

i had seen john play before, on his 200 run, but engert. MAN! he really impressed me. he makes it look all so easy. Got to love that german style.

J/B cue: BK2 + AIR
play cue: Bob frey fancy bacote SP leather wrap + 314²
table: Custom 9ft Diamond pro

practice: 0h to 8h/week poolplayer: for 6 years

Old
  (#15)
D Player
AzB Silver Member

09-14-2007, 02:51 PM

The Engert/Schmidt match was great!

Engert's first run of 109 looked effortless. I don't know if it was editing or what, but he never looked like he took more than a couple seconds before each shot to decide where he wanted to go next.

Schmidt made a great comeback and it turned into a nail-biter at the end. A couple of uncharacteristic errors by both players made the tension even higher.

I love the propoolvideo site! Thanks, Jorge!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: