Trouble Installing Sniper Tips

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm using a Willards Tipper and the trimming razor is delaminating the tips at the third to fifth lamination from the glue side.
Did the same thing on some other Tiger soft tips I had. Thought at the time that the tips were just bad, but now feel it's my technique or the machine.
I found some info on Tiger's site that says to wet the side of the tip before trimming. Doesn't say how much to wet it; could somebody give me an idea on how much?
I'm being cautious when I'm trimming, only taking a few thousandths per cut. I've never had a problem with any other manufactures laminated tips, or solid tips. I keep the blade sharp.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
claymont said:
I'm using a Willards Tipper and the trimming razor is delaminating the tips at the third to fifth lamination from the glue side.
Did the same thing on some other Tiger soft tips I had. Thought at the time that the tips were just bad, but now feel it's my technique or the machine.
I found some info on Tiger's site that says to wet the side of the tip before trimming. Doesn't say how much to wet it; could somebody give me an idea on how much?
I'm being cautious when I'm trimming, only taking a few thousandths per cut. I've never had a problem with any other manufactures laminated tips, or solid tips. I keep the blade sharp.
Four words: Lathe, razor, spit, patience.

Irish634

Whatever
Silver Member
A while ago, Varney Cues posted his step by step.
Also a while ago, someone (CrownCityCorey I think) posted links to videos about installing the sniper tips.

You can use the forum search feature to find both.

<Edit - Here is the link to the tiger video>

Good luck,
Craig

Last edited: