Jay on commentary

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Is anyone catching Jay doing some commentary on the LeBron match? He should stay up there, he does a great job and is a welcome change from what we have had so far.

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
been listening to him since he came in. with the lebron match being a walkover it's just a nice chat and exchange of stories between jay and danny d.

while i'm at it, you've got to feel for mike lebron. not being able to cut it any more due to age and health, it's got to be a huge dent to your pride. and was his back arm shaking big time when he was on a shot or was it just me?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I always hated to see great boxers try to come back and fight. I think it's sad to see pool players do it also. At least in boxing if you lost you still got paid something, but the damage that was done to some of them was not nice to watch. At least in pool you won't get hurt. Johnnyt

jnav447

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew Jay was good in the booth, but after listening to him today, my opinion went up a couple of notches. He's natural, knowledgeable, likable and the perfect straight man for Danny. More Jay, less (or no) Barry Behrman.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay(cant play banks)Helfert...

i called him right after he stepped out of the booth, Jay is fired up and feeling good, he slept on the plane and said they asked him to do some commantating, he said he will be while he is there he will be in the booth on and off, He was great today-he took the red eye and I thought he might be sleepy but he isnt, He also spoke to Mike LeBron and Mike is in good spirits despite his medical condition and sharp as a tack, Mike is a great champion and its good to see him there.

gulfportdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fatboy said:
He also spoke to Mike LeBron and Mike is in good spirits despite his medical condition and sharp as a tack, Mike is a great champion and its good to see him there.
"Spanish" Mike LeBron is one helluva guy, and was a tough, tough player into his 60's. He must be in his mid 70's now. I think he's a good sport for showing up and playing, even though he does have lifetime free entry for winning the U.S. Open some years back. It's always nice to see the legends of the game. And if you take the time to chat with them, they'll keep you mesmerized with stories.

Doc