Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Quick Clean Chalk Off the same???

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Quick Clean Chalk Off the same???
Old
  (#1)
JimS
Grandpa & his grand boys.
JimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4050
Location: Jim Sward 311 E. Main, Suite 317 Galesburg, Il 61401

Quick Clean Chalk Off the same??? - 10-18-2007, 12:27 PM

Anybody watching the US Open might be tempted to try Chalk Off and I'm wondering if that is the same as Quick Clean???

"The average man seeks certainty in the eye of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence.
The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eye and calls that humbleness."
Carlos Castenada

"Make no distinction between the difficult and the less difficult shot but apply yourself completely to each opportunity to strike a pool ball". Mark Wilson

"No nonchalantin at the pool table!" Sailor

Live like somebody left the gate open!

Old
  (#2)
cincyman
Banned
cincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-18-2007, 12:28 PM

I have used both and they, in my opinion are pretty darn close. So close i cant say one is better than the other but the both, again only my opinion dont work as well as they should.

Old
  (#3)
Jude Rosenstock
AzB Silver Member
Jude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond reputeJude Rosenstock has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2007, 12:31 PM

Yes, they're both equally a waste of money. Seriously, there is nothing better than a vacuum cleaner and if that's too much trouble at the moment, use a brush.

Cue: Schon with OB shaft
Twitter: @JudeRosenstock

Old
  (#4)
td873
BCA PCA ABA
td873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1000

10-18-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimS
Anybody watching the US Open might be tempted to try Chalk Off and I'm wondering if that is the same as Quick Clean???
The product is virtually the same. However, the sprayer for Quick Clean is better than Chalk Off's sprayer. Chalk Off also has a mint scent...

These products do indeed make it easier to clean chalk that is near the cloth's surface, thus negating the need for constant vacuuming or brushing. This is a great time saver. It takes about 2 minutes to clean the whole table with these products, vs. about 15 minutes with the brush. Over the course of a week (5 days of playing) thats 10 minutes vs 1 hr and 15 minutes... Over a month's time, thats 40 minutes vs. 5 hours. IMO (and at my billing rate) saving 4 hours is worth 10 bucks.

IMO this keeps your table in top shape between "deep" cleanings. Just spray on and wipe down with a microfiber cloth. Using either of these products does provide a good result - as long as you use it properly and religiously. When you get chalk deep down, you will need to use the trusty brush, or a light suction vacuum without a beater brush. If you have too much suction, you can cause undue wear on your cloth fibers; the same is true for a beater brush.

I typically use Chalk Off each day I play and then vacuum once a week, or every other week. This keeps the felt in great shape without a lot of maintenance. The only reason I use Chalk Off is that I could get it by the case.

-td

Black + Gilbert J/B
Justis
9' GC I/II [Diamond Specs] [Littman light]
Simonis HR [Tournament blue]
Aramith Pro Cup TV / Cyclop

Last edited by td873; 10-18-2007 at 02:17 PM.

Old
  (#5)
rogelioii
AzB Silver Member
rogelioii has a reputation beyond reputerogelioii has a reputation beyond reputerogelioii has a reputation beyond reputerogelioii has a reputation beyond reputerogelioii has a reputation beyond reputerogelioii has a reputation beyond reputerogelioii has a reputation beyond reputerogelioii has a reputation beyond reputerogelioii has a reputation beyond reputerogelioii has a reputation beyond reputerogelioii has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to rogelioii  
10-18-2007, 02:28 PM

I play on my home table about 20 minutes per day and I use Master Blue Chalk... I only clean my table using quick clean once every 2 weeks or so.... I suspect that the chalk particles will not get buried deep in the cloth that quick clean wont pick it up...

I have not tried chalk off, but quick clean is awesome, much better than vacuuming... I do have a kick-ass vacuum though

FORUM NAME: rogelioii
HOURS OF PLAY PER WEEK: Play? What's that?

Old
  (#6)
3andstop
Focus
3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2007, 03:21 PM

I just dampen a washcloth with a mix of water and a little rubbing alcohol and lightly run it over the cloth between vacuuming. IMO save your money.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: