Looking for billiard ball display....any ideas where I can find one?

mattman

Silver Member
I have looked all over the internet and cannot find anything that I am looking for. I have about 25 balls that have been autographed that I would like to display in my billard room. This is a pic of one that holds a baseball, but I can't find anything, like this, that holds a billiard ball. I have found the ones that are shaped like a rack and other square billiard ball displays, but nothing like this. I might be forced to use something like this, but would rather not.

Any help would be appreciated.
Mattman

Attachments

• baseball.jpg
    baseball.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 143
S

Snoogi

mattman said:
I have looked all over the internet and cannot find anything that I am looking for. I have about 25 balls that have been autographed that I would like to display in my billard room. This is a pic of one that holds a baseball, but I can't find anything, like this, that holds a billiard ball. I have found the ones that are shaped like a rack and other square billiard ball displays, but nothing like this. I might be forced to use something like this, but would rather not.

Any help would be appreciated.
Mattman
This really looks classe..I think it's not difficult to hand make it. Now I got inspirations..

s'portplayer

Midnight Rambler
Silver Member
Case

There's a guy on AZ that has been marketing custom wall mounted cue racks. I can't remember his name, but I'm sure he could make you something. I'll try and do a search for him, but the only thing I can remember about him, is that he makes the custom cue racks.

PIRANHA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the $$, I'd buy some picture cubes at Dollar Store and mount them on a cedar board. Not hard to make$$$

mattman

Silver Member
PIRANHA said:
For the $$, I'd buy some picture cubes at Dollar Store and mount them on a cedar board. Not hard to make$$$
The ideas keep flowing. I will have to check and see if I can find some...thanks.

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wall rack

I made my own wall mounted case. Basically figure out how many you want in one cabinet to determine the size.. like, 5 or all 25 or room for additional. Kind of like thin book case with shelves. On each shelf I drilled some 2" holes across for the ball to sit in. Then I put a piece of glass across the entire front to keep them dust free and untouchable. I drilled mounting holes in the glass (I work with glass) but you could easily do little clips or even hinges from stereo cabinets if you wanted.

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
I have what you would call a "nick-nack" cabinet which is just a small wooden cabinet about 2' tall and 18" wide with hinged glass-panel doors and 4 shelves. The inside is deep enough to hold cue balls. I use 1/2" black rubber "o" rings to set the balls on and it keeps them in place on the shelf. I'll see if I can snap/post a pic of mine sometime over the weekend.

Another option is to find an oldschool wall-mounted ball rack (Brunswick or the like) and use it to display your cue balls. You can even make a glass panel for the front if you want to "enclose" them.

s'portplayer

Midnight Rambler
Silver Member
Here He Is

Mattman this is the guy I posted about. I'm sure he can make you a very nice ball display.