Mike Sigel

grandpapkusky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Sigel still involved with playing pool? Did the failing IPT make him quit again or will he still play if the IPT starts back?
I think he would still draw crowds.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
grandpapkusky said:
Is Sigel still involved with playing pool? Did the failing IPT make him quit again or will he still play if the IPT starts back?
I think he would still draw crowds.

At 54, Mike is still playing very well. Mike is motivated to come back bigger and better than before. Keep you eyes and ears open, you have not heard the last of Mike Sigel.

grandpapkusky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blackjack said:
At 54, Mike is still playing very well. Mike is motivated to come back bigger and better than before. Keep you eyes and ears open, you have not heard the last of Mike Sigel.

Good news for me then blackjack. I always loved his game. Thanks for the reply also.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As Sigel is very good friends with Kevin Trudeau, I would expect him to be playing as well. I know he is doing the annouincing during the Strickland/Archer challenge match. I don't know how many cues he is making now, but he selling them on eBay a lot.

He has always been a favorite of mine since we saw him play at the Texas Cue Lounge many years ago and then in the challenge match with Cigar Tom at Gentlemen's Cue. I hope he plays more and wins. He puts way too much pressure on himself these days though.

EDRJR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Closing his shop

Mike had a few cues on Ebay recently. He stated in the ads that he is closing his shop in December. All but one cue did not get to the reserve price.

grandpapkusky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
EDRJR said:
Mike had a few cues on Ebay recently. He stated in the ads that he is closing his shop in December. All but one cue did not get to the reserve price.

Wow, first I heard that. Wonder what he's going to do?

Would there be interest in him against Shane in an action challenge match?

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
grandpapkusky said:
Wow, first I heard that. Wonder what he's going to do?

Would there be interest in him against Shane in an action challenge match?

Mike told me that he wants to be paid handsomely for any appearance that he makes, so it is highly doubtful you will ever see Mike Sigel involved with the Action Challenge.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't be surprised to see Sigel in one of Trudeau's challenge matches. I would love to see him play Efren again. He put way too much pressure on himself last time, plus Efren was in game shape while Mike just practiced the entire time. Big difference. He is still the greatest player I have ever seen. I like his cues too.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the match where he went 150 and out agaist Zuglan. Awesome stuff. I also have a match where he went 150 and out against Rempe with no commentators. Pretty cool stuff. I always wished Accu-stats would put that one on DVD.