Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page New Elevation Tour - N.A.C.P.B.A. ???
Page 1 of 14 1 2311 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
New Elevation Tour - N.A.C.P.B.A. ???
Old
  (#1)
GG11
Kill the Bunny
GG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

New Elevation Tour - N.A.C.P.B.A. ??? - 12-04-2007, 09:39 AM

Has anyone heard of this new tour? Trying to get some more information about it. The membership requirements are ... WOW! But it could be quite interesting if it were legit.

Is this legit? Anyone know?

http://www.nacpba.com/

~Kill the Damn Bunny~
GG, Double G, G Squared

...confessions of g2...

Old
  (#2)
JAM
On the Hill
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

12-04-2007, 09:46 AM

Some of the links on the website are dead, but the phone number area code 678 is in Atlanta, Georgia.

Of course, this caught my eye:

1st place:$200,000
2nd place: $100,000
3rd place: $75,000
4th place: $50,000
5th-9th place; $25,000 each
10th-16th place: $15,000 each
17th-32nd place:$7,500 each
33rd-64th place: $5,850 each
This will hold true for all twenty regular season tournaments.

I wonder why this has not been publicized in the pool media as of yet.

And then there's this: Upon approval of membership all athletes may be asked to take a drug test. This test will be paid for by the NACPBA and be conducted by one of their pre-determined doctors or clinics. Any athlete refusing to take the test will be denied membership. Any athlete failing the test will be denied membership until the following year.

I definitely don't like this: Members may not participate in billiards activities outside the NACPBA without prior approval from the NACPBA

This is a lot to cough up for an unknown entity: Yearly Membership Dues of $2500

JAM

Last edited by JAM; 12-04-2007 at 09:49 AM.

Old
  (#3)
kevin s
Tennessee
kevin s has a reputation beyond reputekevin s has a reputation beyond reputekevin s has a reputation beyond reputekevin s has a reputation beyond reputekevin s has a reputation beyond reputekevin s has a reputation beyond reputekevin s has a reputation beyond reputekevin s has a reputation beyond reputekevin s has a reputation beyond reputekevin s has a reputation beyond reputekevin s has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2007, 10:14 AM

I think this would be great if it could happen. Although I would have to admit it seems like too much too fast. They could cut the payouts in half and it would still be way better than anything going. I don't understand the need to do 80 hours of community serve either?

Crossville Family Billiards
166 lantana rd
Crossville,Tn. 38555
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crossv...78724958839553

Old
  (#4)
ScottW
Fo' shizzle!
ScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2007, 10:15 AM

Well that site is pretty rough. Bad formatting, lots of typos, weird grammar.

The WHOIS info shows the domain was registered 11/14/07 - three weeks ago more or less - by a Timothy Dennis in Woodstock (town about twenty-thirty miles NW of Atlanta) with the same phone number listed as on that site.

Playing cues: Schon R-7 (circa 1984) w/OB-1 shaft
Russ Espiritu (1996)
Break cue: Jerico Stinger j/b
----------------------------------
Which flame warrior are YOU?

Old
  (#5)
bigskyjake
you heard the man
bigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond reputebigskyjake has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

12-04-2007, 10:23 AM

Asking players to do community service + not gambling = 0 particapants

----------------------------------------------------

"They got old Hank and Lefty and there's B24, set em up Joe and play Walkin The Floor"

"you think that I am the devil, but it's only because I've lived in hell for so long"

-------------------------------------------------------

Censports.com, where badasses bet on sports, for FREE http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=303384

Old
  (#6)
GG11
Kill the Bunny
GG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond reputeGG11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottW

The WHOIS info shows the domain was registered 11/14/07 - three weeks ago more or less - by a Timothy Dennis in Woodstock (town about twenty-thirty miles NW of Atlanta) with the same phone number listed as on that site.
WOW Scott, I'm impressed with your detective work!!! Kudos!

I too JAM was wondering about it's lack of media attention. This seems oh so similiar to the IPT. Makes you wonder????

The payouts seem amazing!!! Almost too amazing and so that's why I'm weary. It seems like a lot of big ideas and it's definitely eye catching. Guess we'll have to wait to see if it really pans out!

~Kill the Damn Bunny~
GG, Double G, G Squared

...confessions of g2...

Old
  (#7)
corvette1340
www.EpawnMarket.com
corvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond reputecorvette1340 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks legit to me! I already paypal'd the guy my $2500, can't wait for the first event. I just hope Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton don't show up thinking its a N.A.A.C.P event instead of an N.A.C.P.B.A event.

thought that was the answer for a minute . . .
Old
  (#8)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

thought that was the answer for a minute . . . - 12-04-2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:

I thought "Woodstock" was the answer to all of the questions until I saw it was Woodstock GA.

A name that will never be forgotten by my generation. Fifty thousand people gathered there and I think I have met a half-million of them!

Hu

Old
  (#9)
ScottW
Fo' shizzle!
ScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond reputeScottW has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG11
I too JAM was wondering about it's lack of media attention. This seems oh so similiar to the IPT. Makes you wonder????
You generally have to GET the attention of the media.

Russ Espiritu (1996)

Old
  (#10)
RunoutalloverU
AzB Silver Member
RunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2007, 10:35 AM

It may just be me however, this thing comes off like a multi-level marketing company. Not in the sense that they want you go get other people to join, but....I don't know, I just don't like the vibe. Anonymous means you either aren't for real, or you have something to hide. I don't know well see. Oh and the typos and weird grammar don't help calm my worries either.

Old
  (#11)
CrownCityCorey
Sock it to 'em!

CrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-04-2007, 10:40 AM

I called and the message says a name Tim Dennis out of Woodstock, Ga. This is also the Admin Contact when doing a "Whois" lookup on the domain name.

Anyone know Timothy Dennis? What's his story?

Old
  (#12)
lodini
AzB Silver Member
lodini has a reputation beyond reputelodini has a reputation beyond reputelodini has a reputation beyond reputelodini has a reputation beyond reputelodini has a reputation beyond reputelodini has a reputation beyond reputelodini has a reputation beyond reputelodini has a reputation beyond reputelodini has a reputation beyond reputelodini has a reputation beyond reputelodini has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:

I decided to call the number and see what happened... the answering machine said "Hi, you've reached Tim Dennis with the NACPBA". It seems by searching the site that he doesn't have a staff yet. There seems to be no contact info besides that number, and the sponsorship info isn't finished yet. If the site was only registered on 11/14, that's probably why there has been no media attention. I can't find a start date, either. I'd wait this one out! :-)

How did you find it, GG11?

Old
  (#13)
smokeandapancak
what?
smokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond reputesmokeandapancak has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to smokeandapancak  
12-04-2007, 10:47 AM

JS (MR.403) just mentioned this in another thread...

Dont know if he was serious or not ..but he said we need to check it out... good things happening here.....

dude

Old
  (#14)
ScottW
Fo' shizzle!

12-04-2007, 10:53 AM

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Russ Espiritu (1996)

Old
  (#15)
JCIN
TheActionReport.com
JCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900
  Send a message via AIM to JCIN  
12-04-2007, 11:32 AM

Browsing through the site, I like alot of what it has to say. Someone put some work in to put it together. There are some holes though. First is of course the money. As I read it there will be $22 mil in escrow. If that is true it will go a long way. I will believe it when I see it, but it would be great for the game it came to be.

A few things I found pinging the old BS meter were this:

http://www.nacpba.com/compol.asp

"Should the goal of changing the image of the game and evolving the game into a publicly accepted and recognized sport we will disban after three years. That is our mandate. That is our goal. That is our deadline. Should the road to this goal be seen as being achieved ther will be continued funding for an addtional 7 years. At that time it is our hope that the NACPBA will be firmly established and self-sustaining."

Sounds a little too close to the last 3 year plan.

The copy throughout the sight just sounds a little bit off. I can't put my finger on it exactly, just feels a little weird. But then we are all like the dog in the Springsteen song. The one that has been kicked too much

As far as the player conduct policy it looks like something lifted from the PGA. The drug testing could be just a stick for the association to use on any future problem children.

I think it is good someone is trying something. The main thing is complete transparency as far as the money is concerned. If they can do that they will be on to something. Looks like the official announcement is set for Febuary 2008 according to the .gif on the home page. I for one am interested to know who is behind this. You would think if it is anyone associated remotely with the game someone here would know something. Guess I will just wait and see.

Last edited by JCIN; 12-04-2007 at 11:35 AM.

Page 1 of 14 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: