Kinister Mighty X

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what does everyone think of this instructional tape? is it worth having? can anyone give me an idea what its about? and how it can benefit your game?

DCP

p.s. please, no stupid replies, thanks.

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends.

Is it for you or a friend of yours?

Last edited:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chances are you can expect knowledge. man i understand wanting to get a review of what you buy before you bite the bullet and order it. but from the sounds of your posts you're doing ok for yourself. you should just go ahead and get it. if it works it's a small price to pay for some improvement.

Irish634

Whatever
Silver Member
Actually, I am recommending that you don't get it DCP.

I haven't seen the video, so I can't say anything about it. But IMO, I don't think you should add another instruction to the mix.

What I mean is, you read and watch everything you can get your hands on. And there is no problem with that, but it can be very overwhelming. I am sure you have one helluva library.

My suggestion is to not buy the video and lock-up everything you have that is deemed instructional. Take ONE cue, lock the rest away. Then just play.

Just play the game. Forget about all the instruction, videos, books, etc that are running through your mind.

I'll challenge you to this:
Play for one month, with no interference of instruction, books, etc. Just play.

After one month, take the notes from your lesson with Scott and work on those things. But only take this instruction. Nothing else.

Get back to the basics.... Just play.

I think you could be amazed at what may happen.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Irish634 said:

I haven't seen the video, so I can't say anything about it. But IMO, I don't think you should add another instruction to the mix.

What I mean is, you read and watch everything you can get your hands on. And there is no problem with that, but it can be very overwhelming. I am sure you have one helluva library.

My suggestion is to not buy the video and lock-up everything you have that is deemed instructional. Take ONE cue, lock the rest away. Then just play.

Just play the game. Forget about all the instruction, videos, books, etc that are running through your mind.

After one month, take the notes from your lesson with Scott and work on those things. But only take this instruction. Nothing else.

that actually makes a lot of sense to me

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
It is without a doubt one of the best tapes you can get..take your time and master the X and your game will dramatically improve..well worth the money from Bert Kinister..:)

av84fun

Banned
Irish634 said:

TAP...TAP...TAP

Having done a day with Scott I can tell you without reservation that you could and SHOULD work for an ENTIRE YEAR to make what you were taught second nature.

Then you will have a solid FOUNDATION to build on.

Without a solid foundation, you will get blown away...by your opponents.

I don't mean to dis Kinister and have several of his tapes but at the level I sense you to be, Irish is SPOT ON...you will get into sensory overload and be half-assed at a lot of things without having the nuts on any of them and that is the road to NOWHERE.

Regards,
Jim

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
av84fun said:
TAP...TAP...TAP

Having done a day with Scott I can tell you without reservation that you could and SHOULD work for an ENTIRE YEAR to make what you were taught second nature.

Then you will have a solid FOUNDATION to build on.

Without a solid foundation, you will get blown away...by your opponents.

I don't mean to dis Kinister and have several of his tapes but at the level I sense you to be, Irish is SPOT ON...you will get into sensory overload and be half-assed at a lot of things without having the nuts on any of them and that is the road to NOWHERE.

Regards,
Jim

but if your opponents don't have a solid foundation you'd probably stand a chance. from what everyone here says about needing to practice their fundamentals it seems like the competition would need as much work as well

Cuebacca

________
Silver Member
If you have a few extra bucks to spend on your game, buy something that will improve the area that you constantly whine about..... THE BREAK! Please don't come back and tell me that your break is fine, because if it were, you wouldn't complain about your "bad spreads" all the time.

Next pool products for DCP are:

Charlie Bond's BreakRAK

Joe Tucker's Racking Secrets (in case you really do have a break great, it means you don't know what to look for in the rack)

And please don't come back after you bought them and say they didn't help. LOL.

Another post that will be ignored by DCP, I'm sure.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I favor the purchase of "The Mighty X". Without a truly "Straight Stroke" & the confidence to go with it, you will probably not reach the skill level you would care to attain.

The "Mighty X" is an Instructional tape about the address & the natural stroke gained through that setup process. If you do not like the Video, send it to me, I will purchase it from you & give it to one of my friends.

kildegirl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool

DrCue'sProtege said:
what does everyone think of this instructional tape? is it worth having? can anyone give me an idea what its about? and how it can benefit your game?

DCP

AN IMAGINARY X IN THE CENTER OF THE TABLE ?

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Irish634 said:

WOW...Mike I second this motion....SPF=randyg

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He buys a piece of molding to draw a straight line the length of the diagonal of the table. Pro side of the pocket to pro side. Are you willing to draw a permanant line on your table. You could use chalk. You could use a table laser. You then practice straight in shots. This is very important to be able to do. A lesson with Scott Lee will do the same thing and a lot more. A good pro will correct problems in your stroke to enable you to practice a good straight shot. The pro will see what you are doing wrong. You may think you doing something correctly from a book or video, but you need someone to watch you. (You could video yourself). I appreciate when a teammate tells me I jumped up. I like that kind of feedback.