Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Celebrities playing pool...Good?
Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Celebrities playing pool...Good?
Old
  (#1)
Johnnyt
Burn all jump cues
Johnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond repute
 
Johnnyt's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 19,900
vCash: 169290
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Florida
   
Celebrities playing pool...Good? - 12-18-2007, 05:46 PM

Seeing another thread on celebrity pool players gave me an idea. There seems to be a lot of them out there. I know there are a lot more country music stars that love pool that aren?t on there. So I would guess there are a lot more in sports and other celebrity categories too.

I?m thinking of writing a short story for Amazon dot com on the celebs that play pool. I?ll use a little of their bios and notes from their fan clubs web sites and just add the pool hobby to them. Something like ?Pool is Cool? just ask these celebrities. I?m the first one to say people and the press bother them too much on there off time, but I don?t see this as bad for them...do you?

Anyhow I thought if enough people read it and talked about it to friends it could only be good for pool.

If anyone has anymore celebs that they know shoot pool, let me know on this or the other thread...or PM me. Thank you. Johnnyt


Never Give Up
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#2)
Drew
Got a little dog in you?
Drew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond repute
 
Drew's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 8,686
vCash: 650
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Join Date: Feb 2007
   
12-18-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyt
Seeing another thread on celebrity pool players gave me an idea. There seems to be a lot of them out there. I know there are a lot more country music stars that love pool that aren?t on there. So I would guess there are a lot more in sports and other celebrity categories too.

I?m thinking of writing a short story for Amazon dot com on the celebs that play pool. I?ll use a little of their bios and notes from their fan clubs web sites and just add the pool hobby to them. Something like ?Pool is Cool? just ask these celebrities. I?m the first one to say people and the press bother them too much on there off time, but I don?t see this as bad for them...do you?

Anyhow I thought if enough people read it and talked about it to friends it could only be good for pool.

If anyone has anymore celebs that they know shoot pool, let me know on this or the other thread...or PM me. Thank you. Johnnyt
'Lil Bow Wow challenged the world on MTV Cribs. I'm still trying to find out where he lives. I'd say he can bet what he wants but his barrel is slightly larger than mine.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
McKinneyMiner
AzB Silver Member
McKinneyMiner has a reputation beyond reputeMcKinneyMiner has a reputation beyond reputeMcKinneyMiner has a reputation beyond reputeMcKinneyMiner has a reputation beyond reputeMcKinneyMiner has a reputation beyond reputeMcKinneyMiner has a reputation beyond reputeMcKinneyMiner has a reputation beyond reputeMcKinneyMiner has a reputation beyond reputeMcKinneyMiner has a reputation beyond reputeMcKinneyMiner has a reputation beyond reputeMcKinneyMiner has a reputation beyond repute
 
McKinneyMiner's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 650
vCash: 150
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: McKinney, TX
   
12-18-2007, 06:27 PM

When I was living in El Paso they were filming the movie "Courage Under Fire."

Lou Diamond Phillips was in that movie and there were rampant rumors that he was looking for action / going off throughout the course of filming.

Various reports had him playing low A speed, but I never got to see in person.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
Dawgie
AzB Silver Member
Dawgie has a reputation beyond reputeDawgie has a reputation beyond reputeDawgie has a reputation beyond reputeDawgie has a reputation beyond reputeDawgie has a reputation beyond reputeDawgie has a reputation beyond reputeDawgie has a reputation beyond reputeDawgie has a reputation beyond reputeDawgie has a reputation beyond reputeDawgie has a reputation beyond reputeDawgie has a reputation beyond repute
 
Dawgie's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,275
vCash: 1125
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Oct 2006
   
12-18-2007, 06:42 PM

Celebrity pool on TV would be great for our sport. Exposure to high profile people is what need.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
miramachine
AzB Silver Member
miramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond reputemiramachine has a reputation beyond repute
 
miramachine's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 25
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2007
   
12-18-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKinneyMiner
When I was living in El Paso they were filming the movie "Courage Under Fire."

Lou Diamond Phillips was in that movie and there were rampant rumors that he was looking for action / going off throughout the course of filming.

Various reports had him playing low A speed, but I never got to see in person.
One of my good friends and great pool player from toronto once told me that Lou was visiting there once and payed him for a few lessons on the old green.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
huckster
AzB Silver Member
huckster has a reputation beyond reputehuckster has a reputation beyond reputehuckster has a reputation beyond reputehuckster has a reputation beyond reputehuckster has a reputation beyond reputehuckster has a reputation beyond reputehuckster has a reputation beyond reputehuckster has a reputation beyond reputehuckster has a reputation beyond reputehuckster has a reputation beyond reputehuckster has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 765
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Maine
   
12-18-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKinneyMiner
When I was living in El Paso they were filming the movie "Courage Under Fire."

Lou Diamond Phillips was in that movie and there were rampant rumors that he was looking for action / going off throughout the course of filming.

Various reports had him playing low A speed, but I never got to see in person.
He plays around a mid C player, (will not run out, at least two innings to get out from the break) His "Young Guns" costar Kiefer Sutherland loves pool action. Late 80's through mid 90's he backed a slew of champions until he was allegedly dumped on by two champions. My experiance with Kiefer was when he backed California Kimmer against Jack Hynes playing 10 ahead 9ball. Jack had the set about closed out reaching 8 and 9 ahead at least five or six times. We all agreed to play another hour when Jack was 6 ahead and pro rate the outcome kim broke and ran 2 racks after he broke and the cueball got kicked in. Jack proceeded to run out the last six games mixing in snapping the 9ball in twice. Being the @sshole Jack is after beating Kim and Kiefer for the cash he started telling everyone that Kimmer and Mr. Sutherland were boyfriends (he was a bit more vulgar)
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 15,130
vCash: 2400
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Join Date: Nov 2006
   
12-18-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster
He plays around a mid C player, (will not run out, at least two innings to get out from the break) His "Young Guns" costar Kiefer Sutherland loves pool action. Late 80's through mid 90's he backed a slew of champions until he was allegedly dumped on by two champions. My experiance with Kiefer was when he backed California Kimmer against Jack Hynes playing 10 ahead 9ball. Jack had the set about closed out reaching 8 and 9 ahead at least five or six times. We all agreed to play another hour when Jack was 6 ahead and pro rate the outcome kim broke and ran 2 racks after he broke and the cueball got kicked in. Jack proceeded to run out the last six games mixing in snapping the 9ball in twice. Being the @sshole Jack is after beating Kim and Kiefer for the cash he started telling everyone that Kimmer and Mr. Sutherland were boyfriends (he was a bit more vulgar)
i remember that, keifer was drnking alot then too.


OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....
  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.