update NACPBA Tour table order

Greg/Diamond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just returned from the Mosconi Cup in Vegas last night. I've talked on the phone with the principles of the NACPBA Tour and have received the following email today:

Greg

This is to confirm our recent phone conversation.

We(NACPBA) will be sending Diamond Tables an order and payment for 36 Tables and 36 table carts not later then the end of next week.

Thanks

Terry

Fragged

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greg/Diamond said:
Just returned from the Mosconi Cup in Vegas last night. I've talked on the phone with the principles of the NACPBA Tour and have received the following email today:

Greg

We(NACPBA) will be sending Diamond Tables an order and payment for 36 Tables and 36 table carts not later then the end of next week.

Thanks

Terry

I hope that locks in the order for you but I wouldnt hold on to that check too long,

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
smashmouth said:
they're starting with the bs already, lol

Naysaying already. Why can't we all just give them a chance? It's not like anyone has paid anything yet so let's just wait and see what happens.

av84fun

Banned
Greg/Diamond said:

Greg

Thanks

Terry

Thanks for passing that on. At least we now have a "credibility date."

(-:

our_auctionguy

The Wall.....
Silver Member
I mightr a a Big Diamond order for you Greg

My wife told me she wants a Really BIG Diamond our next anniversary. I was kind of thinking maybe a 4-1/2 by 9 might be big enough. Think that would make her happy???

Tim5000

Silver Member
Gregg I wish you the best, and we all appreciate your sharing your personal business dealings with us, but I'll remain a skeptic. Your original post said you were 'picking up the check at the Mosconi Cup' now they have delayed it. Sounds a little suspicious (on their part, not yours of course) Good luck.

Dawgie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do some of you guys start with the bashing as soon as you hear about the NACPBA recent news. Don't you think being positive and maybe commenting with encouraging words would be more helpful.

Some of you guys sound as though you would delight in this organization failing.

thebestpoolroom

thepoolroom
Silver Member
Y'all need to stop the bashing. I personally know Terry very well. He's a class act! If you are half the man that Terry is, you are a great person.

Good luck with the new tour Terry.

Your friend,

John Duong

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
thebestpoolroom said:
Y'all need to stop the bashing. I personally know Terry very well. He's a class act! If you are half the man that Terry is, you are a great person.

Your friend,

John Duong

I liked Terry as well. We had a nice talk at the Mosconi Cup. I hope everything works out for him on this ambitious project. I shared my reservations with him, and reminded him about the recent debacle of the IPT. He was unfazed and was confident that this new tour was going to proceed as planned.

RunoutalloverU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thebestpoolroom said:

Your friend,

John Duong

These kind of posts are encouraging, and I for one am expecting the worse, and hoping for the best! Lets make something happen!
And lmao at Earl in a straight jacket.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Tour

Like some of the others that have already posted, I also met with the management team of the NACPBA project. They are asking a lot of questions and I think they are listening real well.

A project this big is not going to always happen as planned - there will be all kinds of adjustments made on the fly. But I am confident that the funds are available and that is a HUGE step. After a few adjustments, I think they are going to provide a lot of pool playing enjoyment for all of us.

They are looking at a lot of things that have been neglected over the years by all other promoters. Granted most don't have access to the money these guys do. But they are putting it into places that will suprise almost everyone - and the results will be really enjoyed by all.

I wish them the best - they have a daunting job ahead. But I think we might be all pleasantly suprised.

For the naysayers-it is almost like you want a failure; so you can say "I told you so". My attitude is to do what you can to help get the job done. Lets encourage and promote this project. Or just "join the project or get the hell out of the way".

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. See you at the Derby - and what a way to start off the new year!!!!

Mark Griffin
BCA Pool League

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
I liked Terry as well. We had a nice talk at the Mosconi Cup. I hope everything works out for him on this ambitious project. I shared my reservations with him, and reminded him about the recent debacle of the IPT. He was unfazed and was confident that this new tour was going to proceed as planned.

if they dont have their business model dependant on one source on revinue like KT's gig did there is some hope, pool is cheap advertizing for alot of big business-who ever packages it the right way and sells it will make millions and the players will be able to earn a good living, its possible, just hasnt been done yet. I could do it for that matter problem is I have enough going on that I couldnt give full attention, if nothing happens by the time I retire from my current gig I'm gonna step up and I have the $$$ no bull shit to do it right. but right now is a bad time in my ife to go that direction.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Fatboy said:
. but right now is a bad time in my ife to go that direction.

What would it take to be a good time? Not a smart-ass remark.... a serious question. Do you mean market conditions or conditions in your life/world? What conditions would make it a good time to go in that direction. Don't mean to put you on the spot but I guess I am putting you on the spot.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
JimS said:
What would it take to be a good time? Not a smart-ass remark.... a serious question. Do you mean market conditions or conditions in your life/world? What conditions would make it a good time to go in that direction. Don't mean to put you on the spot but I guess I am putting you on the spot.

I believe he meant he has too many irons in the fire right now and couldn't give ir 100%. Johnnyt

COLLECTION GURU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Drew

Drew said:
Naysaying already. Why can't we all just give them a chance? It's not like anyone has paid anything yet so let's just wait and see what happens.
DREW IS MY MIDDLE NAME AND I RECOGNIZE YOUR SENSE OF REASON.

M HOUSE

Silver Member
The new tour, maybe

By sheer chance, I ran into a gentleman from Ga. yesterday who knows the principles behind the new tour personally. He said this group has the desire and the money to get this done. What he said that I liked the most was that the "main" members of the group admit that they don't know as much as they need to know about the "game" itself. (I think we already knew that from reading their website) The fact that they acknowledge that this is a area of weakness for them would indicate that there may be a willingness on their part to accept input from people who have knowledge and experience in this field.

I hope that if they do seek advice in this area, they form some kind of "committee" and not depend on one person (ie, a player) for advice. We know what happened when "the greatest thing that ever happened to pool" relied on one person for advice. His personal prefences became the rule of law (slow, napped cloth, no jump cues, etc.).

If they are accepting recommendations for members of such a committee, I would put Greg of Diamond at the top of the list. He has been involved in our sport on many levels and knows what works and more importantly, what doesn't work. If this tour is going to "get off the ground", it would be nice to see it started with as few "bugs to be worked out later" as possible.

Happy Holidays, see you at DCC

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
M HOUSE said:
By sheer chance, I ran into a gentleman from Ga. yesterday who knows the principles behind the new tour personally. He said this group has the desire and the money to get this done. What he said that I liked the most was that the "main" members of the group admit that they don't know as much as they need to know about the "game" itself. (I think we already knew that from reading their website) The fact that they acknowledge that this is a area of weakness for them would indicate that there may be a willingness on their part to accept input from people who have knowledge and experience in this field.

I hope that if they do seek advice in this area, they form some kind of "committee" and not depend on one person (ie, a player) for advice. We know what happened when "the greatest thing that ever happened to pool" relied on one person for advice. His personal prefences became the rule of law (slow, napped cloth, no jump cues, etc.).

If they are accepting recommendations for members of such a committee, I would put Greg of Diamond at the top of the list. He has been involved in our sport on many levels and knows what works and more importantly, what doesn't work. If this tour is going to "get off the ground", it would be nice to see it started with as few "bugs to be worked out later" as possible.

Happy Holidays, see you at DCC

I agree with you entirely. Instead of a "committee" - perhaps this group could put together a roundtable of people that have experience with what works and what doesn't - and to alert them on what has contributed to the failure of their predecessors - and guide them in the opposite direction. Without that guidance from those that have experience - they will have a tough hill to climb.

Like I've said before - the tours continue to fail because they keep repeating the same mistakes over and over and expecting different results. Anyone that is involved in the management aspect of the tour does not need to be competing. That is a conflict of interest at every level. Hopefully they have avoided that pitfall altogether.

Tossing money at ANY tour won't solve anything until and unless the players are willing to do the work necessary to bring prominence to themselves, the game, and the tour itself. The IPT is a perfect example of what happens when there is a lot of money involved TOO SOON. Not many players were out there promoting the IPT every day in media markets - locally, nationally, or on the web - after a while, it was all about getting those big checks - playing with the numbers - a saver here, a saver there - lets gets as much as we can, split it up - everyone goes home a winner - isn't it great to have a big money machine? That is why support from the industry goes out the window. In fact, many run in the other direction to distance themselves from professional pool.

70% of the people "in the billiards industry" don't care about professional pool, have no knowledge of the players, and have no knowledge of the history of professional pool. A large majority look at the players in a poor light due to a history of all take and no give. This is unfair to the players of today who are trapped paying for the sins of those that came before them.

Until there is a united effort between the industry, the tour, and the players to map out a clear direction for the sport - we will continue to run in circles. With everybody playing a different tune, its no wonder that no matter what tour is out there, the public can't seem to understand what we are trying to sell to them.

I hope this tour, the people behind it, and the money that is supporting it have the insight to contact the right people, do their homework diligently, and place the right people in the proper positions to make this a success. IMO, it's about time something succeeded.

Last edited: