Any Action In South Carolina

gamecocksfan81

Registered
I have just moved back to South Carolina and looking for some action if anyone knows of any. I am about 45 minutes away from columbia. Looking to play some sets for 500 or so. Not any woofing going on here, just looking for some decent action.

BPG24

Banned
Call 803-957-POOL

Grady's new pool room in Lexington SC

Hope this helps ya

Last edited:

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Brian White, Scott Rabon, Larry Nevel, Shannon Daulton, Gabe Owen, Josh Roberts.....pick your poison. They'd all be happy to play some $500 sets.;)

B_White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love to play. I will give you some action if you come to Greenville. Palace billiards. Let me know. 9 Ball or 1 pocket

Mike Templeton

Confidence........
Silver Member
B_White said:
I love to play. I will give you some action if you come to Greenville. Palace billiards. Let me know. 9 Ball or 1 pocket
45 minutes which way? In or out I-26, in or out I-20, or up I-77. Like Brian said, if you are close to Clinton/Newberry, you can get up to Greenville for action with Brian or several others. If you are up 77, Varney cues can surely get you some action in Charlotte. Otherwise, like was mentioned, I'm sure Scott Rabon, Grady, Josh Roberts, or others will give you some action around the Columbia area. If you play a little less than shortstop speed, let me know. There are all skill levels in the area that will wager a bit on a match.

Mike

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
I have a question....How could someone that plays for 500 dollar sets and from the screenname implying that u have at some point came in contact with the state of South Carolina not know about the players out of Greenville area?? I am just curious.....??

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tigerseye said:
I have a question....How could someone that plays for 500 dollar sets and from the screenname implying that u have at some point came in contact with the state of South Carolina not know about the players out of Greenville area?? I am just curious.....??

Doesn't sound too hard to believe...maybe he just rolled into town a week ago and has not been able to bet $100 yet. Maybe they are soft where he is from and he's all fat from it. Maybe he is a demon and is gonna put one one some. Who knows?

I think I hear the Rocky theme.

Add Mike D. to the roster below. I guess one could win an NC truckload (they are pretty big), if busting this role.
Varney Cues said:
Brian White, Scott Rabon, Larry Nevel, Shannon Daulton, Gabe Owen, Josh Roberts.....pick your poison. They'd all be happy to play some $500 sets.;)

B_White said:

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
Doesn't sound too hard to believe...maybe he just rolled into town a week ago and has not been able to bet $100 yet. Maybe they are soft where he is from and he's all fat from it. Maybe he is a demon and is gonna put one one some. Who knows?

I think I hear the Rocky theme.

Add Mike D. to the roster below. I guess one could win an NC truckload (they are pretty big), if busting this role.

I have figured it out! This guy is getting the list of the best players in the Southeast for the money.... so when he shows up he will anaylize them and then come to a conclusion if he can hang or needs some weight....
Veeeerrrry sneaky...

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every time I read an open order like this, it just plain cracks me up. If you play a level that you can make a blanket bet of $500 against any and all, you already know everyone, or most. If you don't know them, it doesn't matter anyway, you'd just play. You start talking about $500 dollar sets and you are either deep undercover, or just plain full of it if you don't already have a good line on the whole area. If you do play that level, you don't need a list. This isn't your first rodeo. Just walk in anywhere, and they will find you someone within an hour or so away.

There's always something up with this kind of action solicitation. Let's just say this. If I play good enough to play any and all some $500 dollar sets, I am pretty up on the players, or I'm an idiot throwing money in the wind. If you'd have come out with some $100 dollar sets, the whole scenario is believeable. What's your name? Maybe you are deep undercover? OR... compiling a list? Blowing smoke? Most players are definitely up on who's who. So, which is it?

Maybe, just maybe just stirring up something for something to do? This whole thing about being here to bet it up and not knowing anyone is quite funny, to say the least. "Gamecockfan" ? and you don't have a line, or just playing around? Come on. Info, maybe? Or, just bored?

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It could be any possibile thing or combination thereof. We don't know either way, do we?

crawfish said:
Every time I read an open order like this, it just plain cracks me up. If you play a level that you can make a blanket bet of $500 against any and all, you already know everyone, or most. If you don't know them, it doesn't matter anyway, you'd just play. You start talking about $500 dollar sets and you are either deep undercover, or just plain full of it if you don't already have a good line on the whole area. If you do play that level, you don't need a list. This isn't your first rodeo. Just walk in anywhere, and they will find you someone within an hour or so away.

There's always something up with this kind of action solicitation. Let's just say this. If I play good enough to play any and all some $500 dollar sets, I am pretty up on the players, or I'm an idiot throwing money in the wind. If you'd have come out with some $100 dollar sets, the whole scenario is believeable. What's your name? Maybe you are deep undercover? OR... compiling a list? Blowing smoke? Most players are definitely up on who's who. So, which is it?

Maybe, just maybe just stirring up something for something to do? This whole thing about being here to bet it up and not knowing anyone is quite funny, to say the least. "Gamecockfan" ? and you don't have a line, or just playing around? Come on. Info, maybe? Or, just bored?

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"I'm not woofing"

I can beat the crap out of anyone on here and will prove it if they even look at me wrong. . I'm not looking for a fight or anything though.

gimme a break.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn! WHy is everyone comin down so hard on the dude?! There was no indication of anything other than, "I have just moved back to South Carolina and looking for some action if anyone knows of any. I am about 45 minutes away from columbia. Looking to play some sets for 500 or so. Not any woofing going on here, just looking for some decent action."

Goodness, let the man run into someone so he can bet a $500!

B_White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gamecockfan. No word back? Let me know if interested, i'm a big Clemson fan so we can have a grudge match!

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
B_White said:
Gamecockfan. No word back? Let me know if interested, i'm a big Clemson fan so we can have a grudge match!
Tell'em B. Sounds like you're gonna have a lotta fun. Yeah, a lotta fun.

On a serious note, I don't think actually playing was ever the intention, here.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
crawfish said:
Tell'em B. Sounds like you're gonna have a lotta fun. Yeah, a lotta fun.

On a serious note, I don't think actually playing was ever the intention, here.

hIS LAST activity was a little under 1/2 hr ago and no replies to the above...you might be right!

turbo billards

i call it the octagon
Silver Member
hmmm

there always has to be some schmuck that says HEY YOU CAN PLAY EFREN OR GABE OWEN IM SURE THEY WILL PLAY ALL YOU WANT!!!!!!.......when the guy saying it cant make 3 balls ina row.......i made a post on here about action in kc and people were like play ESPN danny or ill bring my steakhorse down and well play im not tryin to bet Gs....or drive to michigan hey im in kc haha can you read...?.......people that say play these pros or 14 speeds prob just sit on the toilet reading a pool mag and then get some names and drop em....i dont know the guy that started this thread but im sure hes not wanting to donate to pros hahaha

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
turbo billards said:
there always has to be some schmuck that says HEY YOU CAN PLAY EFREN OR GABE OWEN IM SURE THEY WILL PLAY ALL YOU WANT!!!!!!.......when the guy saying it cant make 3 balls ina row.......i made a post on here about action in kc and people were like play ESPN danny or ill bring my steakhorse down and well play im not tryin to bet Gs....or drive to michigan hey im in kc haha can you read...?.......people that say play these pros or 14 speeds prob just sit on the toilet reading a pool mag and then get some names and drop em....i dont know the guy that started this thread but im sure hes not wanting to donate to pros hahaha
Yeah, but when you start off the conversation with an open invite to some $500 sets, you're asking for a good player to step up. He didn't say $50, he said $500. I'll normally be good for some $50-200 dollar sets if I don't know the player. But if you want to kick it off at $500, I will need someone who plays more than two days a week to play on my cheese. There are plenty of us here in the Carolinas that will play. I don't play anywhere champion speed and I will normally give a little action. I played (matched up) with Cliff, Coltrain, Rudolfo, Nevel, Walden, etc. etc. But, I don't want to feel like I'm just donatin', either. My record is respectable playing good players, but I would NOT just jump up and bet $500 without a line. I don't play THAT good. I am not sure what someone is thinking. What kind of response did he think he'd get. "Hey, I can't run three balls. I'll try you some for $500." Come on. You start off the conversation with anything more than $200 and people get skiddish. Unless... it's their occupation or they have no common sense. Okay, here is a post for thought.

I'd like some action. Where should I go for $500 a set?

Do you think people, that can't string a few together, are gonna jump at that? If you do know of a few of those people that don't run out and bet that kind of cash, could you please post addresses? I'm sure some of us can find a way to get there.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bUT YOU DID- STILL Do- come off as a bit of a jackass. The other guy put it a bit nicer.
turbo billards said:

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
turbo billards said:
As a matter of fact, I do sit on the toilet and read pool mags. But, I can make a ball or two, also.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tigerseye said:

Kinda have to wonder that myself. He says he moved back to SC, how long ago did he leave? Most of these guys have been top guns for more than a while now. The Palace is the place to go in Greenville, alright.