Out Of Retirement!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
well i have been out of pool retirement for 4 months now,playing like 20 hrs a week, really working on my mental game which has been a tough battle. forgiving yourself for the way that you are playing now as compaired to the way you used to play before you quit.

Well i am pleased to say that all my work is starting to pay off, after last month running 119 in straight, coming in the finals 2 weeks in a row,and today stringing 7 perfect racks in 9-ball, starting to feel real good to be playing again..

so for everyone that has been strugling with getting there game back, be patient, it will happen if you really want it to..

Steve

olauzon

HANK THE TANK
Silver Member
well steve if you can forgive yourself for running 119 and 7 racks of 9, that's a good thing, definately good.

congrats man, you're on a roll, and will just roll and roll and..

CaptiveBred

C21H30O2
Silver Member
who is this Steve guy? Is he somebody we know or just making up numbers on the internet? ;)

119 and a 7 pack is a little hard to believe... 119 I can believe but 7 in 9 ball is world class... So who is this world class player who has decided to join us?

S

Scottster

CaptiveBred said:
who is this Steve guy? Is he somebody we know or just making up numbers on the internet? ;)

119 and a 7 pack is a little hard to believe... 119 I can believe but 7 in 9 ball is world class... So who is this world class player who has decided to join us?

By whatever do you mean Cappy? These numbers are just a fuzz over average in the internet pool world...:rolleyes:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
stevekur1 said:
well i have been out of pool retirement for 4 months now,playing like 20 hrs a week, really working on my mental game which has been a tough battle. forgiving yourself for the way that you are playing now as compaired to the way you used to play before you quit.

Well i am pleased to say that all my work is starting to pay off, after last month running 119 in straight, coming in the finals 2 weeks in a row,and today stringing 7 perfect racks in 9-ball, starting to feel real good to be playing again..

so for everyone that has been strugling with getting there game back, be patient, it will happen if you really want it to..

Steve

Yeah Steve, you might as well forget it. There's too many guys who can run 150, and running 7 racks will just kill your action anyway.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Nice, just stab me in the back won't ya!

instead of patting me on the back, dont really care if you believe my numbers or not. i was stating that with a positive attitude and determination a stroke will redevelop.

i quit the game for 4 years for personal reasons, and back when i quit i played A Level, when i came back 4 years later i was barely a D player with the mind set of an A. and it was quite discouraging , had to try not to think about how i used to play and bare down and try to get that back...

Guess you guys dont like to hear Success stories!!!!

Like you all know the game is like 99.9 % Mental, its all about staying focussed...

I really could care less about the action, i just enjoy playing the game..

CaptiveBred

C21H30O2
Silver Member
stevekur1 said:
Nice, just stab me in the back won't ya!

instead of patting me on the back, dont really care if you believe my numbers or not. i was stating that with a positive attitude and determination a stroke will redevelop.

i quit the game for 4 years for personal reasons, and back when i quit i played A Level, when i came back 4 years later i was barely a D player with the mind set of an A. and it was quite discouraging , had to try not to think about how i used to play and bare down and try to get that back...

Guess you guys dont like to hear Success stories!!!!

Like you all know the game is like 99.9 % Mental, its all about staying focussed...

I really could care less about the action, i just enjoy playing the game..

Not stabbing you in the back... just don't believe you :) Too many internet experts out there... If a 1000 guys claim to run 5, only one of them is being honest... Its just the nature of the internet...

I really was wondering who you were... Thought maybe you were somebody... 100 in straight with a 7 pack in 9 is a top shelf player who's name will DEFINITELY be recognized by somebody on this forum. Come to think of it, any local A player will also be recognized on this forum by somebody...

If you did, Nice job! and keep it up! and most importantly, welcome aboard!

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
worldison2 said:
Walt, when you get drunk on Saturday nights you use too many exclamation points.

YOu get REP for being spot on. :D
JoeyA

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Maybe????????

worldison2 said:
Walt, when you get drunk on Saturday nights you use too many exclamation points.

Hmmmmmmmmm, stevekur (kerr) = walt frazier's alter ego:confused: :D

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
;) yeah, I've been struggling too, ... 211 in straight, and two 5 packs last Thursday...... hope it gets better soon .

Last edited:

JoeyA

Silver Member
punter said:
;) yeah, I've been struggling too, ... 211 in straight, and two 5 packs last Thursday...... hope it gets better soon .

I've hit the 151 mark with two additional 6 packs to my credit too and boy does it hurt.
JoeyA

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
You guys totally missed the point!

I said that i was struggling from coming back to the game.

TIL,

I ran a 119 in straight, ended up in the finals twice in two weeks, and ran a 7 pack in 9ball.

starting to feel pretty good about the way that i am playing. But i am sure that this will pass. As soon as some one says bet i wont be able to make a ball............

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
stevekur1 said:
You guys totally missed the point!

I said that i was struggling from coming back to the game.

TIL,

I ran a 119 in straight, ended up in the finals twice in two weeks, and ran a 7 pack in 9ball.

starting to feel pretty good about the way that i am playing. But i am sure that this will pass. As soon as some one says bet i wont be able to make a ball............

You missed our point too Steve. Most (all) of us wish we could struggle like you. Very few on here have ever run over 100 balls and fewer still have run 7 racks of 9-Ball.

You are playing Championship speed pool, whether you realize it or not.
I've played pool for 40 years and was once considered a pretty good player. I've never done either of those things myself. I think I ran five racks of Eight Ball on a bar table once or twice, and maybe five racks of 9-Ball as well, a few times. I might have ran six once.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rotator Cuff Surger and Pool...

Neil said:
Well, I for one, thank you for your post. It shows that we can come back. I am facing a layoff myself. I go to the doc on Wed. for my shoulder. It's all screwed up. I've had a torn rotator cuff for too long, and now it looks like it is completely torn apart. I have a big lump on my back, and very little muscle mass left on my shoulder.

I have found that most of those who don't believe a lot of posts, are the one who tend to exagerate themselves. I don't B.S. on here, so I tend to take someones word for it until proven otherwise. But once caught, always suspect. Good job on the comeback.

Neil,

Do not get too down, you would be able to come back to pool rather quickly. The motion of stroking a pool ball does not put too much pressure on the rotator cuff/shoulder. I had the surgery in late April '06 and was playing again by early June. The primary problem is that you cannot hit those shots where you have to jack up and either jump a ball, draw a ball that is real close to the rail, or jump the cue ball off the table when a ball is deep in the jaws of your one pocket opponents pocket. I was back at about 75% in June, 85% by September and 100% after about eight months.

Good luck with the surgery.

-don

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I injured my rotater cuff working out in the gym. Its my bridge shoulder that bothers me. I stopped playing pool for a couple of years and took up cycling. Now I ride 5-6 thousand miles a year but have returned to pool, just not as good as I used to be.

Good luck. IM sure everything will go well.

JoeyA

Silver Member
jtompilot said:
Hey JoeyA, IM in N.O. for the holidays. What you giving up?

Is that you Jim?
I'm giving up Christmas cheer: Merry Christmas.

Now belly up to the table like a man. I heard you were hitting them REAL GOOD. Better yet, I'll take a ball. :D

Call me at Buffalo's and tell them to get in touch with me and I will meet you during the holidays.

Best regards,

JoeyA