Any Pocket Knife Collectors Here?

Jeff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Father left me his knife collection and he had a lot of the standard stuff, Case, Buck, etc. but there are some I can't find any info on.

One example is what appears to be a nice little knife. It says Wallace cut co Cedartown Ga. One locking blade with what is maybe a stag horn handle.

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have some of my own and all of my dads old stuff but I don't have a price guide or book so I just type the name in search on ebay completed items and see what shows up. Sometime you get a lot of info this way as to what there worth and the item descriptions, hope this helps some.

My dad had a pink whale bone handled knife made by Robeson that my mom bought new for him for his birthday the year I was born in 1957 and that is the sharpest blackest steel I have ever seen but I have never found out any info on the brandname.

Leonard

Last edited:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
poolcuemaster said:
I have some of my own and all of my dads old stuff but I don't have a price guide or book so I just type the name in search on ebay completed items and see what shows up. Sometime you get a lot of info this way as to what there worth and the item descriptions, hope this helps some.

My dad had a pink whale bone handled knife made by Robeson that my mom bought new for him for his birthday the year I was born in 1957 and that is the sharpest blackest steel I have ever seen but I have never found out any info on the brandname.

Leonard

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/robeson/index.php
JoeyA

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow thanks Joey A that is incredible, I new that the knife was something special because my dad always told me that my mom who worked for Allison-Ervin in Charlotte NC for thirty years had paid 52 dollars wholesale for the knife through her company in 1957. He also tried his best to get it into my head how much money that was at the time, dad lost the knife for 4 years and I found it for him in a golf bag he gave me and he laughed so hard he cried,

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all from the Holmes pool players

I forgot to mention the article says some Robeson pocket knives will bring $1500 but this one ain't for sale.

philw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poolcuemaster said:

Leonard
Google Robeson they have a website that lists some prices Case knives are listed as well.

Frankenstroke

2 Gus Szamboti cues
Silver Member
I've been collecting knives and reading books on collectible knives for 30 years. I seriously doubt a factory knife cost $52 in 1957, wholesale or retail.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Frankenstroke said:
I've been collecting knives and reading books on collectible knives for 30 years. I seriously doubt a factory knife cost $52 in 1957, wholesale or retail.

Perhaps it was a custom factory knife, or even a limited edition. In addition to that it is possible that when the knife's value was reported at that time, the person may have been converting what they thought the worth would be at that point in time.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

JoeyA

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like I said above in post #4 My mom worked for a large hardware supplier in Charlotte called Allison-Erwin Co and special ordered the knife from the Robeson salesman for my dads birthday on March 1st 1957 and paid 52 dollars wholesale and dads not alive but mom lives with me and she told me the same price this Christmas morning when I asker her. She was born in 1928 but still has a very clear mind so I'll go to my grave beleiving the price is right.

Leonard

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
poolcuemaster said:
Like I said above in post #4 My mom worked for a large hardware supplier in Charlotte called Allison-Erwin Co and special ordered the knife from the Robeson salesman for my dads birthday on March 1st 1957 and paid 52 dollars wholesale and dads not alive but mom lives with me and she told me the same price this Christmas morning when I asker her. She was born in 1928 but still has a very clear mind so I'll go to my grave beleiving the price is right.

Leonard

I collect Case Canoe knives.