Outdoor pool tables

crappoolguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do they all really play that bad? Are there apsolutely no good playing outdoor pool tables? I don't have room for a table inside (biggest room is 10 by 27) and I really want a table. :(

pooltableproCP

Is there a problem?
Silver Member
Neoprene is what they make wetsuits out of. Fairly spongy and elastic. Slow and erratic play are common complaints regarding this type of material.

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
still i suppose if an outdoor table is all you can have, they're better than nothing. you can still practice your stroke, shotmaking, and aim.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
worriedbeef said:
still i suppose if an outdoor table is all you can have, they're better than nothing. you can still practice your stroke, shotmaking, and aim.

I disagree that it is better than nothing. Just the humidity and lighting could throw off your game. Playing pool in the summer with the higher humidity is different than in the winter. Jump shots are harder for one thing.

A friend had a valley table in his apartment, up against a corner. He is very good at banks and kicks. I would say this senario is better than nothing.

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
There is little nubbies in the rubber covering, these stop the balls from skidding to much when its raining and there is a half inch water on the table. The balls track and do not come off the rails properly. If your looking to improve your game an outdoor table will not help you.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're better off getting one of those playground carom boards. The ones that you knock the wooden chips into the netted corner pockets with a stick as a cue. Or maybe virtual pool.
But if you decide on one of those outside tables I think the kids will probably love it.