chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Very nice. I wish you could do a pic of your opponents face when it went in!:D

jjr183

Jamie Ruff
Silver Member
Play any one pocket?

This looks like a derivation of the shot in every good one pocket players toolbox where you combo a ball into a ball hanging in your opponents pocket and then have that ball go in your pocket; hopefully leaving you with a nice out on the rest of the table. It's nice to see how someone can use this type of shot in another game and situation. Congrats.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are times in 8-ball where you are called upon to do some unusual things. I have to admit, this definitely ranks up there with one of the more unusual shots I've ever seen! Very nice!

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice shot.

I moved to a small town in 93, not much for pool in the area. I found a senior citizens center with 7 ft and snooker table about a block away. Tuesday was pool night, game was bank the 8 in last pocket. I made this shot: banked the Eight off the end rail with enough draw to position the Cue for a nice carom into the side.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3HSOU3IFkD3...a_few_inches_to_set_up_8_carom_into_side.&ZZ@

Another trick shot came into play at Wisconsin State Team tournament. I was playing a very good player who left me this. It was a trick shot that I had made many times, but the Eight did not make it to the pocket by about 3 inches. It is fun to think of the reaction from opponents, and teammates when I called it, and again when it almost goes in. Have to hit it hard with center, object ball double kisses off the cue and goes toward the pocket.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@2HbFc3JUvW2...a_few_inches_to_set_up_8_carom_into_side.&ZZ@

okinawa77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
kaznj said:
Nice going. Did you win the match?
Yes, I won. I was playing an SL5. I am an SL7.
I would have clean swept win 5-0, but I shot another tough shot and fluked the 8-ball early. So, it went 5-1.

okinawa77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jjr183 said:
This looks like a derivation of the shot in every good one pocket players toolbox where you combo a ball into a ball hanging in your opponents pocket and then have that ball go in your pocket; hopefully leaving you with a nice out on the rest of the table. It's nice to see how someone can use this type of shot in another game and situation. Congrats.
I play a little bit of 1P, but I used this type of shot most in 8 ball. Some players will cover pockets with their balls, and I have learned to bank carom off their balls to pocket my balls, and clear their balls away from the pocket.

I was recently playing in Austin with a guy that just beat a pro player (Escobedo or something) during a match. He is a very solid player. I shot a similiar shot as the one mentioned, and he said he had never seen anyone shoot a shot like that. He went to his friends and said, "I've been shooting for 15 years, and I just learned something new".

okinawa77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Inaction said:
Nice shot.

I moved to a small town in 93, not much for pool in the area. I found a senior citizens center with 7 ft and snooker table about a block away. Tuesday was pool night, game was bank the 8 in last pocket. I made this shot: banked the Eight off the end rail with enough draw to position the Cue for a nice carom into the side.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3HSOU3IFkD3...a_few_inches_to_set_up_8_carom_into_side.&ZZ@

I shot this same shot during practice against my other SL7 teammate. I broke and ran, with a similiar carom shot as the game winner.

Handsumm

Banned
Nice shot, but I have only one question. Why not just go cross-face on the eight ball with right spin? It shoulda been bankable by what I see in the picture.

okinawa77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
belmicah said:
Nice shot, but I have only one question. Why not just go cross-face on the eight ball with right spin? It shoulda been bankable by what I see in the picture.

The picture doesn't do it justice. The cross bank wouldn't work. The banks were my first consideration.