Anyone ever see this?

midnightpulp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, no link. I have tried.

What I'm talking about is a show on CourtTV called "The Takedown", which had a brief four of five episode run in '05. The show explored various kinds of cons, from art theft to dealer/player collusion in poker. The cast, which featured card sharp Paul Wilson, would often perform the con on unsuspecting people in real time, documenting the event with hidden cameras.

One episode involved pool hustling. A small pool room in Running Springs, CA was being fleeced by a hustler. The hustler was obnoxious and arrogant, and driving away customers.

Enter Paul Wilson and his team. After spending a few hours at the room, clocking the guy, they decided to bring in a ringer to give a guy a taste of his own meds. Paul contacted Melissa Herndon.

Melissa arrived and clocked the guy herself. Guess he played pretty strong, since she felt she needed a spot. They made a game, with her getting two on the wire. Can't remember if it was race to 5 or 7.

The bet was 2K. After a tight match, Melissa came out on top, and the hustler hit the road.

I wish I could find footage of this episode. Since the pool world is a small one, I'd be curious to see if anyone knows who the hustler was. He was late 40s, early 50s, a real loud mouth and liked to drink. Probably an act.

Anyhow, if you have also seen this, chime in.