Beginning to feel like Eddie Felson

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Hi all, after a lay off of over 10yrs playing pool, I'm back to it and enjoying it again as a weekend warrior only, and mostly with old friends.

I'm even touching on my speed again with current runs in the 30s and 40s in straight pool, and while the games I enjoy are straight pool and one pocket, and its true I'm approaching 60yrs old quicker than I'd like to think, in order to get out and play in a few local tournaments, only very occasionally mind you, I do believe I'm going to have to surrender to the fact that its going to have to be 9 ball tourneys, as I can't commit to any league play where I might find a 14.1 game.

Now that you get a feel for where I'm coming from, and the extremely limited use I'd get from this item, I'd like to ask your valued opinion on ( I never thought I'd say the words) a jump/break cue. :)

I know that ideally the two are not best combined, but I think for my purpose, a combination cue will do just fine. Even beyond that, for my limited use, I'd like to keep it under $100 bucks. (well under) :)

Any suggestions for a halfway decent workable cheapo for a guy like me? Any tip style or other generic type features I should be considering for this use? Keep in mind, I've never,ever used one and in the handful of 9ball games I've played, I've faired well by pulling a break cue off the wall, so I really have no idea what to consider.

thanks much for suggestions!

ioCross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you can't go wrong with a J&J jump/break.. they're only like 75 dollars retail and they hit really well.

fury j/b's are a lil more expensive, like 150 but they're really close to the sledgehammers

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For that price...

For that price

J&J

For a little more.

Varney
Mace (Rick Howard)
Gilbert.

ken