9 footers in vancouver washington

asiasdad

Banned
You may have to cross the bridge to Portland, I think there is a city ordinance
in Vancouver against 9 footers, or maybe it's against 9 footers worth playing on. :cool:

bsmutz

Fearlessly Happy
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure there aren't any. The only possibility I know of is at Crosley Lanes bowling alley at 2400 E. Evergreen Blvd. I haven't been there, but I think they have 9' tables. I remember calling there one time to find out how much they charge per hour and thought it was too high. If Battle Ground (Daybreak Park) isn't too far for you, I have a 9' pool table and a 10' snooker table. It's free and I play most every day. PM if interested.
Adam's Street bar across from the mill in Camas has one pro 8' table (which is halfway between an 8' and a 9'). There used to be a pool hall down town, but they closed in the last year or so. Other than that, all I've ever seen is bar tables on this side of the river.

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
bsmutz said:
I'm pretty sure there aren't any. The only possibility I know of is at Crosley Lanes bowling alley at 2400 E. Evergreen Blvd. I haven't been there, but I think they have 9' tables. I remember calling there one time to find out how much they charge per hour and thought it was too high. If Battle Ground (Daybreak Park) isn't too far for you, I have a 9' pool table and a 10' snooker table. It's free and I play most every day. PM if interested.
Adam's Street bar across from the mill in Camas has one pro 8' table (which is halfway between an 8' and a 9'). There used to be a pool hall down town, but they closed in the last year or so. Other than that, all I've ever seen is bar tables on this side of the river.

Was the room that closed Jacksons(A-Rack)? I think he still has the tables if someone is looking for a big table for their home.

bsmutz

Fearlessly Happy
Silver Member
No, he was opening a room up in Longview that never quite happened. Last I heard he was looking for a location/partner/financing for a new place.

Rpm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanx for the help

i come down that way once or twice a month to visit some family, next time i'm coming that way I'll pm you mutz, i would love to play on a 10 foot snooker table.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill...Where was the place we went to play, after your lesson 3 years ago. We played on 9' tables...also played some snooker. It was in Vancouver, wasn't it?

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

bsmutz said:
The only possibility I know of is at Crosley Lanes bowling alley at 2400 E. Evergreen Blvd. I haven't been there, but I think they have 9' tables. I remember calling there one time to find out how much they charge per hour and thought it was too high.

bsmutz

Fearlessly Happy
Silver Member
Scott Lee said:
Bill...Where was the place we went to play, after your lesson 3 years ago. We played on 9' tables...also played some snooker. It was in Vancouver, wasn't it?

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
No, that was over in Portland. Actually, there is a place in Vancouver that I just was reminded of with six 9' tables. It's Big Al's. Here's the link to their web site: http://www.ilovebigals.com/

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big Al's in Vancouver WA

Big Al's in Vancouver, WA on 164th has four 9' Brunswick Metro tables. The lighting is from a tall ceiling but isn't bad for just hitting some balls on.

erikstoll

GO HAWKS!
pwd72s said:
Yuk! Red Cloth! You might check out this place in Portland...not much for action, but beautiful new gold crowns with green cloth.

http://www.rialtopoolroom.com/
that place is pretty nice
when i was there about a year and a half ago or so it was pretty busy on a thursday or friday night, saw a couple people playin for money
good atmosphere

the new joint in vancouver looks pretty darn nice too

asiasdad

Banned
erikstoll said:
that place is pretty nice
when i was there about a year and a half ago or so it was pretty busy on a thursday or friday night, saw a couple people playin for money
good atmosphere

the new joint in vancouver looks pretty darn nice too

the players go to :

Classic Billiards
SE 122d / Powell Blvd
Portland, OR

bsmutz

Fearlessly Happy
Silver Member
The problem with Big Al's besides the inadequate lighting, the red cloth, dirty balls, dirty cloth, and pockets that shift so that you can run into the corner of them if you're not careful, is the lack of service. Apparently they are under the assumption that pool players don't want to drink beer/soda or eat while they are playing pool.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
asiasdad said:
the players go to :

Classic Billiards
SE 122d / Powell Blvd
Portland, OR

Yes, yes they do...:) This is where the best of the area, Glenn A. plays...at least he used to. (edit)
Not much for food or drink, no loud juke, but it is where the serious folks hang out...1st time I walked in there, I thought of the Jimmy Buffett song "Fins"...

Last edited:

erikstoll

GO HAWKS!
pwd72s said:
Yes, yes they do...:) This is where the best of the area, Glenn A. plays...at least he used to. (edit)
Not much for food or drink, no loud juke, but it is where the serious folks hang out...1st time I walked in there, I thought of the Jimmy Buffett song "Fins"...
what about Cues, it still a halfass decent place to play?

bsmutz

Fearlessly Happy
Silver Member
Cues wasn't bad when it was huge. They moved to a smaller venue about two years or so ago and I haven't played there since. Got rid of the snooker which pretty much killed it for me.

Getnbzy

Take 2 they're small
Silver Member
bsmutz said:
Cues wasn't bad when it was huge. They moved to a smaller venue about two years or so ago and I haven't played there since. Got rid of the snooker which pretty much killed it for me.

Last time i was in cues it was in the barn (Huge room) A shorter filipino/mexican looking guy was matching up with Bill cress playing 1 pocket. Can't think of his name but was considered a whale around those parts but he could play a little. Guy had a sweet TAD with floating diamond shaped points. Does springman still own the place?

Last edited: