? on Jerico cues

melvrose12

Registered
Hello, I was wondering if anyone out there knows anything about the playabillity of a Jerico sneaky pete. I am trying to decide on a predator sneaky pete or a jerico. If anyone out there would be willing to help me on a decision I would really appriciate it.

Thank You

thedude

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't speak to the quality of a Jerico sneaky pete. But I did own the red predator 314-2 sneaky pete, and hated it. I also had a Predator 5K3. Note I am not a predator fan, comparing the two cues... The 5K3 had a much better feel/hit to it. The Predator SP had a completely unsatisfying and dead feel to it. JMHO.

thedude

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
melvrose12 said:
Thank you very much on your reply.

If your looking for SP in the $300 dollar price range give or take a few bucks, I suggest a Frey. You can get info at cuesnthings.com. Can't go wrong with a Frey, and if you don't like it you should be able to resale it without losing much money.

thedude

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poolplayer2093 said:
the finish on the predator sneaky is garbage.

Thats something I had forgot about my predator sneaky... It seemed as if i could damage the butt, nick it, dent it, etc... simply by blowing on it. Out of sight out of mind! :D

melvrose12

Registered
Thanks guys that pretty much eliminates the predator from my choices. What about a mezz sneaky pete know anything about those.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
melvrose12 said:
Thanks guys that pretty much eliminates the predator from my choices. What about a mezz sneaky pete know anything about those.

i owned a mezz and played with it alone for like 3 years. they make a great cue. i've only seen one of their sneaky petes in person and as i recall it had something going on with the points that i didn't care for. i think you could feel them through the finish.
it does come with the rubber x bumper though so i guess that's a bonus

bigpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mezz are ok but if your looking to spend $300 or around that area on a hustler cue bye a custom made one from a maker and get it how you like it. Don't tell anyone but I like josey.JMO

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
You will not go wrong with a Jericho. Jerry makes some of the nicest, best hitting cues around.
Steve

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
Jerico Cues=mucho gusto!

pooltchr said:
You will not go wrong with a Jericho. Jerry makes some of the nicest, best hitting cues around.
Steve

Nice to see someone actually answer the guy's question, instead of trying to sell him something else;) Jerico cues (Jerry Powers) is a stand up guy and a great cue builder. I have seen and played with several of his cues and they were all really well made and played good IMO. I have a Jerico "Whip" J/B that puts the super smash on the rack!

RandyG has a fantastic Jerico. he likes to say...." Those who know use Jerico" or something like that.

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
ugotactionTX said:
Nice to see someone actually answer the guy's question, instead of trying to sell him something else;) Jerico cues (Jerry Powers) is a stand up guy and a great cue builder. I have seen and played with several of his cues and they were all really well made and played good IMO. I have a Jerico "Whip" J/B that puts the super smash on the rack!

RandyG has a fantastic Jerico. he likes to say...." Those who know use Jerico" or something like that.

He also likes to say when he gets out his stinger, it scares the balls so bad the immediately head for the pockets!:D
Steve

yally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good thing too is Jerry stands behind his cues. I had a problem with the ferrule on mine and he changed it and shipped it back to me at no expense.

That is service!

Yally

SPINDOKTOR

lool wtf??
Silver Member
Jerry seems to be one of the few...if you know what I mean, I cant answer your question because I myself have never held a jerico cue..

SPINDOKTOR

Race2-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerico Cues

I play with a Jerico and from everyone I have meet that use a Jerico are happy. Jerry stands behind his work! I have no problem recommending his cue to anyone. Talk to Jerry and see what you can work out i.e. stop by and play with one and see how it feels.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
good advice

thedude said:
If your looking for SP in the $300 dollar price range give or take a few bucks, I suggest a Frey. You can get info at cuesnthings.com. Can't go wrong with a Frey, and if you don't like it you should be able to resale it without losing much money.

That's very good advice, especially with the deals out there on Bob Frey sneakies. Bama has a real nice one for 295.00. I bought a new one that plays great, I like everything about the cue.

I did have an older Predator SPJW that played so good that everybody always wanted to borrow it. I finally sold it to a guy that was in from out of town and really wanted it.