your aim is your mind

meucci

meucci
maybe everybody have his aiming system but what we need is the message from our mind to tell us the ball is going to pocket...
try to do not shot until you have the message from your mind
now you are waiting the message this time is your real time because that there is fast player and the is slower player .
you should wait for message ;)

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
meucci said:
maybe everybody have his aiming system but what we need is the message from our mind to tell us the ball is going to pocket...
now you are waiting the message this time is your real time because that there is fast player and the is slower player .

Ok my friend, it looks like you finally understood.

thermal

Registered
meucci said:

Very well put!

Once you discover this concept it works very well.

Overcome your fear and the message will come!

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Koop said:
Thanks Confucius, very eye opening stuff.
Here's a quick explanation of what he's saying. Let's say you're playing basketball and you're headed for the winning basket in the last few seconds of the game. You're suddenly double-teamed, ended -up with your back towards the ring without a second to spare. You know where the ring is and have a vivid image in your mind of its location. You'd probably make the shot if you threw the ball towards what you visualize is the ring's location.

This is what I do for these kinds of shots or similar. The OB is 6 inches from the long rail and just past the side pocket, the CB is also 6 inches from the same long rail and 6 inches from the bottom rail. What I do is line-up like I'm going to shoot the OB straight towards the top rail but before I release the shot I look(shift my sight) towards the pocket. Pressure shot or not, it works for me all the time!

Last edited:

IA8baller

Family man.
Silver Member
meucci said:

I had to read this a few times to grasp what you were saying but I agree 100%.

I play my best when I'm not concentrating on any particular "aiming" system but instead "feeling" that I'm going to pocket the shot. Years of practicing and focusing using different aiming systems have paid off but after a while your "experience" should kick in automatically and your brain WILL tell you right from wrong if you can learn to distinguish that and trust it when it (your brain) tells you it's time to pull the trigger.

I hope that makes sense to some of you. :confused:

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
Well I still have no idea what the OP said. However, if he was saying "aim by feel", I agree. But he sure picked an unnecessarily mystical way to say it.

StevenPWaldon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Yoda was less cryptic.

catscradle said:
Well I still have no idea what the OP said. However, if he was saying "aim by feel", I agree. But he sure picked an unnecessarily mystical way to say it.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
bandido said:
Please be a little more understanding. Check his location.

I wish I could write or speak any other language other than English.
Gomenasai
JoeyA

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
bandido said:
Please be a little more understanding. Check his location.
Regardless of his English as a 2nd language handicap, I think he was trying to lend what he was saying a mystical air that was nonsense.

pooljunkie4ever

Grab Life by the BALL!
Silver Member
I think what he is trying to say is, line yourself up to the shoot and see the ball going into the pocket. After you see this, than get down, stare at the point of contact and execute the shot.

My saying before I get down to execute the shot is
"DON'T SHOOT IT TILL YOU SEE IT".

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes the "message" never comes. Thats where aiming systems are useful. When you cant see the shot you fall back on the aiming system and if you know the system works you can trust it.

IA8baller

Family man.
Silver Member
cubc said:
Sometimes the "message" never comes. Thats where aiming systems are useful. When you cant see the shot you fall back on the aiming system and if you know the system works you can trust it.

I can agree with that.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bandido said:
Here's a quick explanation of what he's saying. Let's say you're playing basketball and you're headed for the winning basket in the last few seconds of the game. You're suddenly double-teamed, ended -up with your back towards the ring without a second to spare. You know where the ring is and have a vivid image in your mind of its location. You'd probably make the shot if you threw the ball towards what you visualize is the ring's location.

This is what I do for these kinds of shots or similar. The OB is 6 inches from the long rail and just past the side pocket, the CB is also 6 inches from the same long rail and 6 inches from the bottom rail. What I do is line-up like I'm going to shoot the OB straight towards the top rail but before I release the shot I look(shift my sight) towards the pocket. Pressure shot or not, it works for me all the time!

Thank you for that. I honestly had no clue and with the Big Grin in his post I thought he was goofing around.

My apologies.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the fourth thread I've seen this in. I can appreciate that English is not your first language, but give it a break.

Steve C

Registered
meucci said:
There is a scene from the movie "Searching for Bobby Fischer" where his coach chants the mantra "don't move until you see it" I have found the adaptation to pool "don't shoot until you see it" or alternatively "don't shoot until you feel it" to be very appropriate and consistent with your point.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
meucci said:

I totally agree with that :rolleyes:

av84fun

Banned
IA8baller said:
I had to read this a few times to grasp what you were saying but I agree 100%.

I play my best when I'm not concentrating on any particular "aiming" system but instead "feeling" that I'm going to pocket the shot. Years of practicing and focusing using different aiming systems have paid off but after a while your "experience" should kick in automatically and your brain WILL tell you right from wrong if you can learn to distinguish that and trust it when it (your brain) tells you it's time to pull the trigger.

I hope that makes sense to some of you. :confused:

IMHO, everyone who pockets balls with a high degree of skill uses an "aiming system" of some sort whether they realize it or not.

If that were not true, then after getting down over the shot, the player could close his eyes before the final stroke. Top players can do that when they are messing around but none do it in actual play.

That is because they are AIMING AT SOMETHING and the SOMETHING they are aiming at has been derived from some systematic approach.

But the mind can process that kind of thing with blazing speed to the point that it FEELS like FEEL but really isn't.

To those who think they aim by "feel" I ask..."What is it that you are aiming at just before your final stroke...and why?"

I ALWAYS get an answer other than "I don't aim at anything." (at least from everyone except those who are not interested in discussing how they aim and there are PLENTY of those people).

Regards,
Jim

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member
hellOO

What he is saying is exactly what he is saying....No more and no less....Do not try and read between the lines......

When you feel confident the shot will be made shoot it, UNTIL THEN do not!

Your mind is always believing something, it is either believing you will make it or you will not make it, when you are believing you will make it, shoot the shot.

When you are believing you will not make it WAIT adjust, change whatever needed until you BELIEVE you WILL make it, no doubt whatsoever.

Last edited: