Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Any Feedback on Blue Diamond Chalk?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Any Feedback on Blue Diamond Chalk?
Old
  (#1)
td873
BCA PCA ABA
td873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1000

Any Feedback on Blue Diamond Chalk? - 03-19-2008, 07:38 AM

I ordered too late and missed out on the last batch of Blue Diamond Chalk.

But, it's been a little while now, and I haven't seen any threads commenting on the chalk - just a few posts here and there. So I started one

Anyone compare the Blue Diamond to Master/Silver Cup/Triangle/etc?

What are your impressions? Does it play better? Miscue less? "Better" english? Less mess on your hands or the table?

And if anyone ordered a case and has an extra box, I'll be happy to pay for it. PM me and let me know what the cost is

Cheers,

-td

Black + Gilbert J/B
Justis
9' GC I/II [Diamond Specs] [Littman light]
Simonis HR [Tournament blue]
Aramith Pro Cup TV / Cyclop

Old
  (#2)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

03-19-2008, 07:52 AM

I played with it for 4 days last weekend at the SBE. Don't know what the big deal is...it is overpriced chalk. No different than Masters imo.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Old
  (#3)
MOJOE
Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
MOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325
  Send a message via AIM to MOJOE Send a message via Yahoo to MOJOE  
03-19-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee
I played with it for 4 days last weekend at the SBE. Don't know what the big deal is...it is overpriced chalk. No different than Masters imo.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
Scott, I tried it too.. Don't see what all of the hoopla is over this stuff. Masters does just fine by me!! The chalk is a bunch of hype JMHO!!

Old
  (#4)
mikeiniowa
AzB Silver Member
mikeiniowa has a reputation beyond reputemikeiniowa has a reputation beyond reputemikeiniowa has a reputation beyond reputemikeiniowa has a reputation beyond reputemikeiniowa has a reputation beyond reputemikeiniowa has a reputation beyond reputemikeiniowa has a reputation beyond reputemikeiniowa has a reputation beyond reputemikeiniowa has a reputation beyond reputemikeiniowa has a reputation beyond reputemikeiniowa has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-19-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOJOE
Scott, I tried it too.. Don't see what all of the hoopla is over this stuff. Masters does just fine by me!! The chalk is a bunch of hype JMHO!!

I do not have any scientific proof to back me up but I believe this is the best stuff out there. I feel that I can go a little lower, little more extreme with this stuff and get better spin. Can I prove it? No but I believe it. When I draw the ball getting real low I KNOW I will not miscue. Put a price on that. What I pay for the chalk, I am getting a bargain every time I play pool.

What would it be worth to you in a big match, to know deep inside that you would not miscue on a important shot? this chalk is worth every penny.

mike

Old
  (#5)
catscradle
<< 2 all-time greats
catscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2008, 08:12 AM

I took the plunge and bought a couple of cubes. It is as least as good as Masters. Better? The jury is still out, but I don't really think Masters is significantly better than any other anyway. The one I'm really comparing it to is my IPT chalk which I really do think was better than masters even though I know it is made by the same company (Tweeten).
Either way, whether it adheres a little better or not, it isn't going to boost my game to another level.

<edit> Btw, even though it cost a lot more than other chalks, I don't think that really matters. A piece of chalk last an awful long time if you're the only one using it.

Bring back Jimbo from CT
Better to wear out than to rust out.

"It's never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
"The urge to struggle lies latent in everyone." - Roger Bannister, The Four Minute Mile
"To die is nothing, but it is terrible not to live." - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

Old
  (#6)
jjr183
Jamie Ruff
jjr183 has a reputation beyond reputejjr183 has a reputation beyond reputejjr183 has a reputation beyond reputejjr183 has a reputation beyond reputejjr183 has a reputation beyond reputejjr183 has a reputation beyond reputejjr183 has a reputation beyond reputejjr183 has a reputation beyond reputejjr183 has a reputation beyond reputejjr183 has a reputation beyond reputejjr183 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2125

03-19-2008, 08:36 AM

I believe that Blue Diamond is the best chalk by far. The reason is that the chalk definitely grips the cue ball and gives you better spin allowing you to go closer to center ball. Anyone can test this for themselves by rubbing some Masters between their fingers and then some Blue Diamond. The Blue Diamond has a much more tacky feel which I believe results in a better hit on the cue ball.

The one caveat to this is that if you are breaking in a low deflection shaft don't switch to the Blue Diamond until you get used to it. I got my first box of Blue Diamond shortly before I got my new OB-1 shaft and combining the two resulted in a LOT of over-spin that is currently beyond my ability to control; I actually scratched trying the position shot below which I hit with only a half tip of side . I think that once I shrink the area of the cue ball I use based on the low deflection and extra spin produced by the shaft I will go with Blue Diamond again and get even better gains.

CueTable Help

Old
  (#7)
metallicane
AzB Silver Member
metallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

03-19-2008, 08:39 AM

I bought some and found I could draw the ball better and have not miscued yet. I used to try super draw and miscue all the time, but not now. I find the chalk to be much finer than Masters so it seems to get into the tip better.

Old
  (#8)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

03-19-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOJOE
I got (2) pieces from Bval, and tried it and am back on Master Green. Will try it again, and again, when I need to use Blue. But too me it is all smoke & mirrors. JMHO.

Old
  (#9)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

03-19-2008, 09:16 AM

I keep one piece of BD Chalk and one piece of Masters on my table at home, the Masters wears down a little faster, the BD also has a different wear pattern it is getting a deep hole in the middle, where the Masters wears down flatter the hole inst as deep and its wider to the point that it hits the paper wrap now from brushing it across the tip, where the BD the hole has side walls it just seems to drill down deep into it. also the wrapper on the Masters fades faster. I use them the same way to chalk the tip, I stroke it across the tip, i dont drill for oil so to speak-but looking at the BD it appears I do. Its an interesting experiment I have been working on, I just wish I could play more.

So which is better? I dont know-they seem about the same to me, perhaps the BD is a bit better but what I dont like about it is it makes my hands dirty faster and kinda sticky, I have wet hands to begin with so I powder them up before I play and wash them every 15 minutes, I never get any powder on my table because my hands soak it up, but the BD chalk still makes them sticky, masters does as well but not as bad. But this is just my problem. the BD has alot more "Blue" in it and it is 100% worth a try for anyone, if I played with a glove or had dry hands it would be my first choice.

it must have a different density because of the wear pattern on my 2 pieces, i never "Drill" a hole in a piece of chalk but the DB looks like I did and the Master piece I'm using has a flater surface, I started them at the same time.

i would recommend that everyone should at least try it,

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Last edited by Fatboy; 03-19-2008 at 09:25 AM.

Old
  (#10)
Bastian
Sleepy
Bastian has a reputation beyond reputeBastian has a reputation beyond reputeBastian has a reputation beyond reputeBastian has a reputation beyond reputeBastian has a reputation beyond reputeBastian has a reputation beyond reputeBastian has a reputation beyond reputeBastian has a reputation beyond reputeBastian has a reputation beyond reputeBastian has a reputation beyond reputeBastian has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

03-19-2008, 09:18 AM

I tried it.. was too dry/cakey for me.

~Joe
Primary cue: Samsara 8 point Purpleheart/Ebony
Wife's cue: Samsara 6 point Cocobolo/Amboynia
J/B: Samsara/Gulyassy Wrapped Maple

.357 SIG - When it absolutely, positively, has to get there in time!

Old
  (#11)
racer rx
AzB Silver Member
racer rx has a reputation beyond reputeracer rx has a reputation beyond reputeracer rx has a reputation beyond reputeracer rx has a reputation beyond reputeracer rx has a reputation beyond reputeracer rx has a reputation beyond reputeracer rx has a reputation beyond reputeracer rx has a reputation beyond reputeracer rx has a reputation beyond reputeracer rx has a reputation beyond reputeracer rx has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2008, 09:33 AM

I read quite a few posts about the Blue Diamond, ordered about $50 bucks worth,

I had pretty big expectations from it, hoping it would be similar to the old "Dufferin" chalk from many years ago. The Dufferin chalk felt like you were chalking your tip with sandpaper if that makes any sense. But the Blue Diamond is really no different than the blue master's. I have heard that tweeten does not have any lead content in their chalk anymore, so this makes chalk more fine, and less gritty.

Soo back to the Blue-Diamond, if you have big expectations, you'll be diaappointed. But you'll get a nice little box to hold your two chalk cubes... that was kinda cool...

Old
  (#12)
cajunbarboxplyr
Beatem down wit a Varney
cajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2850
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana...5 minutes from White Diamonds Billiards
 Send a message via ICQ to cajunbarboxplyr Send a message via AIM to cajunbarboxplyr Send a message via MSN to cajunbarboxplyr Send a message via Yahoo to cajunbarboxplyr  
03-19-2008, 09:38 AM

Master all the way. stick to what works best for you and for me. MASTER

Cajun
Playing Cue: Varney Sneaky!
Case: Whitten Copy
Cues in the Works:
Break Cue: Varney Shop Reject J/B
Jump Cue: Varney j/b
Cue Collection: Varney And Ross

Old
  (#13)
Bigjohn
Support Our Troops!
Bigjohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigjohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigjohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigjohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigjohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigjohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigjohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigjohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigjohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigjohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigjohn has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3600

03-19-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by td873
I ordered too late and missed out on the last batch of Blue Diamond Chalk.

But, it's been a little while now, and I haven't seen any threads commenting on the chalk - just a few posts here and there. So I started one

Anyone compare the Blue Diamond to Master/Silver Cup/Triangle/etc?

What are your impressions? Does it play better? Miscue less? "Better" english? Less mess on your hands or the table?

And if anyone ordered a case and has an extra box, I'll be happy to pay for it. PM me and let me know what the cost is

Cheers,

-td
I've got a cube I'll send you to try. No charge. I don't really care for it myself. Shoot me a PM and let me know where to send it.

Old
  (#14)
JimS
Grandpa & his grand boys.
JimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4050
Location: Jim Sward 311 E. Main, Suite 317 Galesburg, Il 61401

03-19-2008, 06:44 PM

I think it's a little softer and consequently spreads more evenly and easily. I think I prefer it over Masters but not enough to buy more.

"The average man seeks certainty in the eye of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence.
The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eye and calls that humbleness."
Carlos Castenada

"Make no distinction between the difficult and the less difficult shot but apply yourself completely to each opportunity to strike a pool ball". Mark Wilson

"No nonchalantin at the pool table!" Sailor

Live like somebody left the gate open!

Old
  (#15)
TommyT
Obsessed
TommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2008, 07:14 PM

I was not impressed with the Blue Diamond chalk.

TommyT

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: