Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Calgary: Rooms and weekly tournaments?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Calgary: Rooms and weekly tournaments?
Old
  (#1)
eastcoast_chris
AzB Silver Member
eastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Calgary: Rooms and weekly tournaments? - 03-19-2008, 07:53 AM

Hi,

I'm in Calgary for this week and next for work.

What are some good rooms that have weekly tournaments that anyone can play in?

From my search on the net, Stix Billiards and The Hideout seem to be the best bets.

Any information would be great.

Anything else pool related going on this weekend in Calgary?

Thanks, Chris

HOURS PER WEEK YOU PLAY POOL: 12-15
CUES: Adam Classic Cue/OB-1 Shaft, OB Break Cue/OB Break Shaft, Bunjee for Jumping
BEVERAGE of CHOICE: Keiths or Olands at night, Coke Zero in the daytime

Old
  (#2)
supergreenman
truly addicted
supergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond reputesupergreenman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1695
  Send a message via Yahoo to supergreenman  
03-19-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast_chris
Hi,

I'm in Calgary for this week and next for work.

What are some good rooms that have weekly tournaments that anyone can play in?

From my search on the net, Stix Billiards and The Hideout seem to be the best bets.

Any information would be great.

Anything else pool related going on this weekend in Calgary?

Thanks, Chris
jimmi-leggs should be able to help you with this.

SGM

James
Pool is my meditation, billiards and the art of zen
Hours a week playing:15-20
Best Bud Bowler 2009

Old
  (#3)
jimmy-leggs
A GREAT DAY
jimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2008, 10:42 AM

Hey Chris, welcome to calgary.Stix is a great pool hall-bar,just renovated.Not really any tounies going on there though.If your not doing anything thursday night go to the ranchmans.Ladies night.But they also have a real fun tournament,alot of great players and alot of s**t players.It only cost $5.00 but you get a free beer with that. Its really just a fun tourny but good pool,busiest bar in calgary on a thursday and its ladies night.Lots of scenery.This tourny does not start til about 9 or 10 p.m. and being good friday is this friday it will be packed.
The best tournament takes place at the hide-out on saturday.Great competition,alot A players and masters.Edwin Montal is ussually there.The cream of the crop are ussually there on saturday.Its $25 entry and starts around 2-3 p.m. I think.You might want to phone to check.
Good luck
I would shoot with ya but its easter long weekend and going up to edmonton for family gathering.

Winner of Danny Harriman's "Nittiest nockin poster ever award".

Old
  (#4)
Jason Robichaud
AzB Silver Member
Jason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2008, 11:41 AM

No good places to play. Hideout tables suck. I don't like coin-op! Chalks has a thursday 8-ball and Sunday 9-ball. Tables are horrible good diamond roll from end to end. I have been told by the owner that walkins don't care about the roll.

There isn't one nice room in Calgary. Lots of great players here though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: