Too Many Cues?

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey whats up everyone i just wanted to let you know that i am very very angry with AZ billiards for forcing my hand and making me buy the last five gorgeous cues i have bought off of here. My question is, is it possible to have too many? I would love to hear what others have in their cases and what they have in their collections.

I currently have
1. Schon not sure of the model have to post pics so you smart people on here can tell me.
2. Hanbat 3 cushion cue.
3. OB1 Cue that i bought at Valley Forge
4. Joe Baker Custom Nicaraguan Cocobalo
5. Adam AA-3 Michael Morgan Design 8 staggered points
6. Players Jump Break Sneaky Design
7. Predator BK2
8. Predator Air
9. Michael Morgan from 95 (friends cue i am holding to sell or buy myself)

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent you a pm about your Morgan when you had it up for sale, but did not even get the dignity of a response....oh well.

I know two people, one with over 120 cues, and another that had over 50. I'm stuck at an all time low of 8.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me ask you this and before you get huffy about it think hard did the offer deserve a response? Now i know that most people here would be like oh well its just polite. So i will ask was your offer polite in truth i do not remember so if you feel like sending again, i will be more than happy to take a look, i do not remember the user name so if i missed it im sorry.

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ForumGhost516 said:
Let me ask you this and before you get huffy about it think hard did the offer deserve a response? Now i know that most people here would be like oh well its just polite. So i will ask was your offer polite in truth i do not remember so if you feel like sending again, i will be more than happy to take a look, i do not remember the user name so if i missed it im sorry.

I still have the message in my out box.....

"Assuming cue is still for sale....what are the size of the ferrules?

Thanks,

Doug"

I did not think that asking the size of the ferrules was out of bounds. I would never get huffy. I just figured you either decided to keep the cue or already sold it.

I'll send it again.

Regards,

Doug

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in all honesty i never even saw a message about ferrules sorry about that my friend the diameter is about 12.9 on each one the cue comes with two shaft in terms of ferrule size im not a hundred percent sure what you mean i hope that helps. one is ivory and the other is a standard ferrule.

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Salamander said:
I did not think that asking the size of the ferrules was out of bounds. I would never get huffy.
Regards,

Doug

Yeah, personally, I thought the "didn't get the dignity of a response" line was a bit huffy sounding. You could have worded it different to avoid confrontation. Would it have been so difficult to say "I sent you a message about that cue but never heard back from you." and give him the chance of explaining himself before you get snippy?
MULLY

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ForumGhost516 said:
in all honesty i never even saw a message about ferrules sorry about that my friend the diameter is about 12.9 on each one the cue comes with two shaft in terms of ferrule size im not a hundred percent sure what you mean i hope that helps. one is ivory and the other is a standard ferrule.

I was not trying to bust your balls. It's a nice looking cue. I've heard good things about Mike's cues. I've bought in sold a few since you posted the cue, but I might still be interested assuming it's still for sale.

Anyway, to get back on track.....

If you admire custom cues, and I certainly think they are a functional work of art, then I see no reason not to collect them. I'm partial to Southwest cues, simply because I love the aesthetics. Unfortunately, my budget has topped out at 3 of those. Like all people that have tried to find their best game, I've gone through scores of cues trying to find the "perfect fit". The bottom line is there is not excaliber of cues. I play as well with my beat up Jenson, as I do with my SW. However, you have have to love them as the artwork that they represent.

Regards,

Doug

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue is still for sale if you are interested. and no hard feelings man we are all friends here water under a moose head bridge.

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mullyman said:
Yeah, personally, I thought the "didn't get the dignity of a response" line was a bit huffy sounding. You could have worded it different to avoid confrontation. Would it have been so difficult to say "I sent you a message about that cue but never heard back from you." and give him the chance of explaining himself before you get snippy?
MULLY

True, at the time I was very interested in buying the cue at the asking price. When I did not even get a response, I took it as a rebuff. Computers are not perfect....no hard feelings on my end. Mistakes happen.

No hard feelings on my end.

Regards,

Doug