Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page I Am sure every room has one of these guys!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
I Am sure every room has one of these guys!
Old
  (#1)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"
stevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4700

I Am sure every room has one of these guys! - 04-26-2008, 11:02 PM

I am sure every room has one of these guys, But how far will they take it!

The type of guy that i am talking about, thinks he is pro speed. but is clearly just your everyday run of the mill "A-B" player.

This player thinks that his game cannot be touched, by the regular players that frequent the local rooms. claims that whenever he looses it is not that he played bad, it is because the other player got all the rolls at clutch times in the match.. also when you watch his matches he gets just as many rolls as anyone else. What i love most is when he gets a lucky safe, and you fail to hit it. he that plays a safe, to try to take advantage of his Busted A$$ luck!

He has taken the B.S. to the level of having his own website, where he can yank his own chain, and tell others of his trials and tribulations of being the pro player that he is ! ! ! !

He has taken it to the level now where it is just down right ridiculous, so much that he is in players heads such as mine. that i cant play him in the tournaments when he has to spot me some stupid weight. when i feel that i should be probably be playing him even.

Has anyone else here ever encountered situations like this?

maybe not to this extreme. but still i would love to hear your tales!

Steve

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League ~ Facebook Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/Bayshorebilliardsstraightpool

High Runs:

2019 - In Game - 127
2018 - Practice - 136
2011 - Highest on Video - 50

50 ball evaluation by Blackjack David Sapolis -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBfKo85z4g

Old
  (#2)
ForumGhost516
AzB Silver Member
ForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

04-26-2008, 11:10 PM

I definitely know where you are coming from, we have a guy just like that, that pumps his fists and carries on like he is the second coming of efren reyes. I dont understand how these types of players become this disillusioned about their game. Now while these players do play well and can run racks I'm sure the guy you are talking about has never actually won one of those pro events he loves so much. Basically i think what it comes down it is fantasy. Fantasy of what it would be like to be that guy that people whisper about when he walks into a room or the guy that Shane Van Boening is right now. Give it time my friend im sure you will be kicking his ass in no time. His grandure will fade when he realizes that after his like fiftieth tournament quote unquote upset that he really has nothing but to go back to the local rooms and beat up on the so called underclass player.

Old
  (#3)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"
stevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond repute

04-26-2008, 11:17 PM

what do i need to do to get him out of my head? outside of kicking his A$$.

The problem is that i will probably have to donate a few sets until i shake him.

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League ~ Facebook Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/Bayshorebilliardsstraightpool

High Runs:

2019 - In Game - 127
2018 - Practice - 136

50 ball evaluation by Blackjack David Sapolis -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBfKo85z4g

Old
  (#4)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"

04-26-2008, 11:20 PM

i still want to hear more stories. i think it is soooo funny some of the stuff that these types of guys do.

Whats life without comedy?!?!?!?

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

High Runs:

2019 - In Game - 127
2018 - Practice - 136

Old
  (#5)
ForumGhost516
AzB Silver Member
ForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond reputeForumGhost516 has a reputation beyond repute

04-26-2008, 11:21 PM

i honestly think you should nancy kerrigan his ass lets see him fist pump from crutches.

Old
  (#6)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"

04-26-2008, 11:27 PM

I Dont want this thread to become a How-To on how to beat him, i just mainly want some good stories!

I have lots more to tell, just want to sit back a watch the replies.

and i will come back with some more good stuff

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

High Runs:

2019 - In Game - 127
2018 - Practice - 136

Old
  (#7)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
TX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-26-2008, 11:35 PM

I used to play in a BCA league that included a guy who would pump his fist in frustration. He just couldn't understand why he sucked so bad. One night he accidentlypunched a bulletin board and bloodied his knuckle on a tack. Funny

Old
  (#8)
ForumGhost516
AzB Silver Member

04-26-2008, 11:47 PM

thats amazing.

Old
  (#9)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"

04-27-2008, 12:02 AM

Tournament entry $25
Calcutta $50
First Round Bye FREE
Getting Smacked with a 7-pack - Priceless

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

High Runs:

2019 - In Game - 127
2018 - Practice - 136

Old
  (#10)
cajunbarboxplyr
Beatem down wit a Varney
cajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2850
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana...5 minutes from White Diamonds Billiards
 Send a message via ICQ to cajunbarboxplyr Send a message via AIM to cajunbarboxplyr Send a message via MSN to cajunbarboxplyr Send a message via Yahoo to cajunbarboxplyr  
04-27-2008, 12:04 AM

LMAO I understand!!! but man what is his website!!!!

Cajun
Playing Cue: Varney Sneaky!
Case: Whitten Copy
Cues in the Works:
Break Cue: Varney Shop Reject J/B
Jump Cue: Varney j/b
Cue Collection: Varney And Ross

A Little off but close
Old
  (#11)
3RAILKICK
AzB Gold Member
3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

A Little off but close - 04-27-2008, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Poolnut
I used to play in a BCA league that included a guy who would pump his fist in frustration. He just couldn't understand why he sucked so bad. One night he accidentlypunched a bulletin board and bloodied his knuckle on a tack. Funny
It's not the same thing but almost as irritating. Our league team played a team two weeks in a row in a 9B league. We lost badly each week. 1st week to be out of the money (7th place). The next week we lost the season ending $100 match. We are not particularly good but should have won each match easily. If it could go wrong it did. No less than 7 games in those two matches were won by the same guy on the other team when we were giving the 7 out.

In each case this guy just smashed the ball without shooting at a pocket and
got about 6 balls moving and one or more winning balls found a home. This drove me nuts. And each time his girlfriend would tell him 'good shot honey!!'

I snapped. I went outside and threw three plastic patio chairs out on the lawn/sidewalk/street. I couldn't get 'nice shot honey!!' out of my head for weeks. I had been an uninvited attendee two weeks in a row of the luckiest MF on earth club weekly meeting. Not funny at the time-slightly better now.
Oh yeah-I had to go pick up the chairs too. Not my proudest moment in pool.

I do know the type you mean. They are in every room. That I understand. I just couldn't deal with that much bad luck at one time(twice).

Sorry for the rant

3railkick

Old
  (#12)
akinnyz
Newest Go-Off in Phoenix!
akinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1775

04-27-2008, 12:21 AM

Our room has a few of these players...

One of them is a middle of the range player that likes to play people obviously much better than him even. He has a myspace page that notes that he is an aspiring pro and he gives lessons. When confronted with this, he claimed it was his way of meeting local ladies that had only played bar box pool.

Another player is a fairly high rated player and seldom looses. He doesn't gamble because he doesn't have the heart. On Fri/Sat nights when the "weekend warriors" make their way to the pool room, he likes to juggle to make himself known to everyone in the room.. and has on several occasions been seen giving "free" lessons to these weekend types.

There are a few others that I haven't mentioned... but I agree, its just funny to see how they need to stroke themselves!

Ken Cottrell
Recently transplaneted from Tucson to Phoenix
AZ Ratings Committee Member

Old
  (#13)
gopi-1
AzB Silver Member
gopi-1 has a reputation beyond reputegopi-1 has a reputation beyond reputegopi-1 has a reputation beyond reputegopi-1 has a reputation beyond reputegopi-1 has a reputation beyond reputegopi-1 has a reputation beyond reputegopi-1 has a reputation beyond reputegopi-1 has a reputation beyond reputegopi-1 has a reputation beyond reputegopi-1 has a reputation beyond reputegopi-1 has a reputation beyond repute

04-27-2008, 01:34 AM

Funny that the shortstop Filipinos act the opposite way, trying to pass themselves up as your regular barbangers!

Old
  (#14)
akinnyz
Newest Go-Off in Phoenix!
akinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond reputeakinnyz has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1775

04-27-2008, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi-1
Funny that the shortstop Filipinos act the opposite way, trying to pass themselves up as your regular barbangers!
Yeah... whatever happened to the days that just about everyone did that?

Remember when you had to step up and gamble with someone in order to learn something new? Now it seems that anyone's just willing to hand out free lessons to any player that obviously doesn't have the work ethic to put into practice what they've just been taught.

Ken Cottrell
Recently transplaneted from Tucson to Phoenix
AZ Ratings Committee Member

Old
  (#15)
Shortside K
AzB Silver Member
Shortside K has a reputation beyond reputeShortside K has a reputation beyond reputeShortside K has a reputation beyond reputeShortside K has a reputation beyond reputeShortside K has a reputation beyond reputeShortside K has a reputation beyond reputeShortside K has a reputation beyond reputeShortside K has a reputation beyond reputeShortside K has a reputation beyond reputeShortside K has a reputation beyond reputeShortside K has a reputation beyond repute

04-27-2008, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekur1
I am sure every room has one of these guys, But how far will they take it!

The type of guy that i am talking about, thinks he is pro speed. but is clearly just your everyday run of the mill "A-B" player.

This player thinks that his game cannot be touched, by the regular players that frequent the local rooms. claims that whenever he looses it is not that he played bad, it is because the other player got all the rolls at clutch times in the match.. also when you watch his matches he gets just as many rolls as anyone else. What i love most is when he gets a lucky safe, and you fail to hit it. he that plays a safe, to try to take advantage of his Busted A$$ luck!

He has taken the B.S. to the level of having his own website, where he can yank his own chain, and tell others of his trials and tribulations of being the pro player that he is ! ! ! !

He has taken it to the level now where it is just down right ridiculous, so much that he is in players heads such as mine. that i cant play him in the tournaments when he has to spot me some stupid weight. when i feel that i should be probably be playing him even.

Has anyone else here ever encountered situations like this?

maybe not to this extreme. but still i would love to hear your tales!

Steve
Maybe pay more attention to your own game rather than his.

To people that react like 3railkick as posted earlier... grow up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: