Who builds best JB cue.

justpool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys any advice who builds a great jump break cue for optimum performance. Who is tops. :)

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
justpool said:
Hey guys any advice who builds a great jump break cue for optimum performance. Who is tops. :)
You need to try out different ones and see what works best for you. What works for some doesn't work for others.
The only jump/break I ever owned was Jerico Stinger and it worked great.

BVal

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
Just ask the "World Champions" what their choice is...

hahahah, but seriously.

I have a J&J really only because it was $60 and I thought I'd give it a try. It's fine, but I'm not much of a jumper so I can't comment there.

QMAKER

LIVE FREE OR DIE
Silver Member
Who builds best JB cue

ME:rolleyes: :)

Bob Flynn
denalicues.com
International Cuemakers Assoc.

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
I have a Bryan Fisher and it is GREAT! Highly recommend him. He has some in stock at great prices too www.fishercues.com. I think he will give you a better deal than listed on the site.

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
If you want style get a Gilbert. They also play very well as a playing cue.

If you want functionality get a J&J. They break and jump just fine.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
BVal said:
You need to try out different ones and see what works best for you. What works for some doesn't work for others.
The only jump/break I ever owned was Jerico Stinger and it worked great.

BVal
I totally agree with you, the only way to find what is best for you is to try many different cues.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
justpool said:

If I were you I would try a number of these cues. I would not be swayed by anyones hype, because performance speaks in the only language you need to here. You may want to start with a cheaper models first, and like other posters have said the J&J or anything similar in price is a good choice. This way you will not lose any serious money if you want something different. those cues cost between 50 and 75 dollars depending upon the model.

I would also recommend not buying anything on the Internet, I would purchase it locally, so you can try it!@

Have a good day!!!!!!

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Have To Go With Andy Gilbert As Well, I Like His Taper; Great For Jump Break And Play. But He Made Mine With A Jumpbreak Shaft And A Playing Shaft... Js

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
I've got the Poison VX. It's not bad. For breaking the best cue for my style of play is a Gulyassey that one of my friends has. As for jumping, anything is fine with me. I prefer to kick at a ball unless it's I just can't figure it out or unless it's a duck in front of a pocket. Meaning that jumping isn't my strong suit and I don't do it very often so any jump cue, that actually jumps, is fine by me.
MULLY

muttley76

"Time to GET BUSY...."
Silver Member
For me, the only two I like are Gilbert and Rick Howard mace. Both also happen to be very usable as playing cues. I really think it has more to do with what your expectations are and how much the performance really matters. jmho

mr8ball

Charlie Hillbilly Bryant is coming out with a new J/B Cue that is going to be nice. See if you can find anything out about it before you buy one. I saw him at the Expo and he was working on it then. I think it will be as good as the XBreaker if not better.

LILJOHN30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to say that my old sledgehammer was the bomb,custom one..But my new denalie cue,purple heart and ebony with the purple heart shaft has many rave reviews for users and I like it also...:D I'm not as used to it as my sledgehammer but It breaks like a freight train,maybe to much power...:eek: but like bval said try many and go with what suits u

mr8ball

justpool said:

Just a thought, Do you play on a Vally Bar Box much. You have to watch the heavy ball. Some of the people that clam to have the best jumper will not jump on bar tables. Be careful!! Try it on what ever you play on before you buy anything. (JMO) You will thank me for this later, Doug

BPG24

Banned
Roadkill said:
The old Mike Gulyassy Sledgehammer (custom shop) is hard to beat.

I have to agree the old custom SH's are awesome.

Rick Howard and Jerico are my favorites though