Nine Mile Billiards, Pensacola Florida

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone play down there? Looking to meet a few AZ'ers if any shoot down there. I'm not looking for any action, just looking to shoot and have some fun. Is this the best place to play near Gulf Breeze?

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went over there last week and it was a nice place to play. I went in not long after they opened and it was nice and quiet with very nice tables. I thought about playing some snooker (but I dont know how to set up the balls....duh) and the high run there was John Schmidt at 119 I think. The pockets looked bigger than I thought were on a snooker table but that was the first one I was around. Would still recommend it, but I didnt see the 'night' crowd to see how it was.

I thought they sold cues out of there but only see one or two for sale.:confused:

But with plenty of tables (a ton of Brunswicks and a Diamond, maybe more than 1 but thats all I noticed) and the felt looked good its definitely a place I would recommend in the Pensacola area.

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jamesroberts said:
hard times on fairfield has a couple nice diamonds

Thats what I heard, and I also heard its a nice place thats as good or better than Nine Mile. I'll probably check out Hard Times next week and check back with everyone.

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
powerlineman80 said:
Thats what I heard, and I also heard its a nice place thats as good or better than Nine Mile. I'll probably check out Hard Times next week and check back with everyone.

I'm in fort walton.. Which is about 30 min from Pensacola.. Starcade has the best pool room around this area.. I just wish they had Diamonds.

The picture below is of there.

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
jamesroberts said:
hard times on fairfield has a couple nice diamonds

I don't think it's called Hard Times.. It used to be Fireside 10 years ago and changed to J&J billiards..

They have another room on Palafox called Starbucks that's pretty big but no players go in there.. More of a kid joint..

Then there's another right down the road from J&J's that's kind of small but has 2 diamonds called Legends.

I honestly have not been to Pensacola in so long as there is no action there for me. The one I just mentioned above belongs to my buddies brother and I can't recall which road it's on.

But in my opinion Starcade in Fort Walton has the best joint around this area because the tables are always well kept. They just lack the Diamond tables but have GC's..

It's a two section building with a bar in the front and a pool room in the back. and if your in Gulf Breeze it's only about a 15 to 20 min ride for you Powerlineman..

Get down here and I'll play you some cheap 9 ball, 10 ball, 1 pocket, banks.. Whatever you wanna do.. :)

Last edited:

Rift

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Starbucks still open down there. I visit Pensacola a good bit but haven't made it down in a year or so. I liked that place aside from all the kids it was a good place.

Had a guy that worked in there think his name was Billy, long ponytail had two of the best looking Espiritu cues I've seen.

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
Rift said:
Is Starbucks still open down there. I visit Pensacola a good bit but haven't made it down in a year or so. I liked that place aside from all the kids it was a good place.

Had a guy that worked in there think his name was Billy, long ponytail had two of the best looking Espiritu cues I've seen.

Billy was a good guy and a buddy of mine when he came down here for tournaments in Fort Walton.

Last edited:

Rift

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I'm certianly sorry to hear that. He helped me hammer out a few mechanics and hooked me up with some free time when ever I was there. It won't be the same place without seeing his scowl that kept the kids in check.

Rift

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, that's my rescue from Pet-Smart my g/f conned me into getting...

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
Rift said:
Well I'm certianly sorry to hear that. He helped me hammer out a few mechanics and hooked me up with some free time when ever I was there. It won't be the same place without seeing his scowl that kept the kids in check.

Billy loved to help others out with their pool game. He was a really good guy.

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nine Ball said:
I don't think it's called Hard Times.. It used to be Fireside 10 years ago and changed to J&J billiards..

According to my GPS its still under the name J&J Billiards.

Get down here and I'll play you some cheap 9 ball, 10 ball, 1 pocket, banks.. Whatever you wanna do.. :)

Nah I'm not looking for any action, just wanting to get some practice in before the city tournaments start. I've only played once in about a month so I'm rusty. I'll probably head back to Nine Mile since it wasnt crowded or I'll probably check out J&J.

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rift said:
Now you guys got me sick for visiting again... Thanks a lot. :D

We come down here every year for vacation and this year we spent two weeks so I'm able to hit the pool halls up:D