2016 Bigfoot tourney at DCC

Teacherjohn

Registered
crying over the rack

Hey Jay,

why don't you do this to eliminate all the racking nonsense......balls must be racked in numerical order with one in front and nine in the middle AND the cue ball must be placed on the head spot. That's the way we used to do it the olden days and I don't recall the wingball going in a million times in a row. Also much tougher to make a ball. I talked with Kim Davenport about that and he said breaking from the head spot
is too easy to scratch in the side. Too bad.....they will just need to hit the one ball squarely won't they?

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
Hey Jay,

why don't you do this to eliminate all the racking nonsense......balls must be racked in numerical order with one in front and nine in the middle AND the cue ball must be placed on the head spot. That's the way we used to do it the olden days and I don't recall the wingball going in a million times in a row. Also much tougher to make a ball. I talked with Kim Davenport about that and he said breaking from the head spot
is too easy to scratch in the side. Too bad.....they will just need to hit the one ball squarely won't they?

its weird, but where I come from we usually rack the 10 in the middle..:thumbup:

the wingball is not so much of an issue either.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to agree!

Whaaaa, no Efren? When Efren is 70 he will still pack the stands more than anyone else, for the chance that people will see some magic:)

I agree and as much I think of Skylar's game.., He aint beating Busty or Efren doing nothing and Chua wont either.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is it

Help me out with info please.

What they playing?
How long are the sets?
Winner breaks?
Magic rack?
True double elimination?
10 foot table?

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
No Rodney Morris? He is an animal on the 10 footer and also I believe he is high up on the Fargo list and perhaps higher then a few of the players you have listed such as Morra, Cheng, Ruslan and ?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll predict either Ko or Ruslan?
I agree . Would also add Darren, Bergman :grin:

Little Ko is the first alternate.

Great stuff, Jay
This is the only DCC event I watch
This field is stronger than last year's
Too bad 3 of best young players under 25 -(Little Ko, Johann Chua, Jeff Ignacio ) are not in.
Last year had Ignacio so hopefully, someone else withdraws and Little Ko gets in :)

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he plays anything like he played last year at the DCC, my money's on Alex.

Gideon

cincy_kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he plays anything like he played last year at the DCC, my money's on Alex.

Gideon

Yes, I would have to agree but you can't ever count SVB out. He is the defending 10B champ and in 2 out of the 3 previous DCC events, he won the 9B event.

Looking forward to it, some great players in the mix this year.

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well here it is, our sixteen players for the next Bigfoot tourney. I know that I always say it's the best field yet, but this time I'll let you decide. I'm pretty jazzed up for this one, even the first round matches will look like the finals in most tournaments.

Shane, Dennis O., Darren, Niels, Kevin Cheng (U.S. Open champ), Ko Pin Yi, Justin B., Mike D., Efren, Francisco, Alex, Jayson, Morra, Carlo, Lee Van and Ruslan, the Russian.

Try to pick a winner from this field! Just remember there is always the possibility that a player will be unable to come for one reason or another. At this time they are all pretty solid and I wouldn't be surprised if they all come, but sometimes life gets in the way and someone can't make it. I'm pretty happy about the quality of this field. How about you?

I told Greg today that it's going to be packed in the Accu-Stats arena every day! Be there or be square. :thumbup:

No disrespect at all but Efren no longer belongs to this, it's actually sad :frown:

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
I always really enjoy this tournament. Watching the best players on the planet on the 10 footer. It may be my favorite event to watch at the DCC. Very well ran, very professional.

Thanks to those involved................:)
JimmyK

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Help me out with info please.

What they playing?
How long are the sets?
Winner breaks?
Magic rack?
True double elimination?
10 foot table?

Race to Eleven, Ten Ball on a ten foot table. Same rack they used at the U.S. Open. Winner breaks, single elimination.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
i think if Efren wants to play he's earned the right. Plus I'm sure the fans all want to see him play.

You can never count Efren out. Earl is another guy I would like to see play the big table. Is there a reason they can't have 32 guys play this event? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to fill 16 more spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
It's only about five years ago that Efren won the ten-ball event at the Derby. I don't think that it was on ten-footers but let's give the magician his due, for he can still find moments of greatness even in rotation games.

And, as if it need be said, watching Efren play has been an honor and one of the things that brings me back to the Derby year after year.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's only about five years ago that Efren won the ten-ball event at the Derby. I don't think that it was on ten-footers but let's give the magician his due, for he can still find moments of greatness even in rotation games.

And, as if it need be said, watching Efren play has been an honor and one of the things that brings me back to the Derby year after year.

Yes, that was a Fatboy event (9-footer) in 2010. But more recently, Efren won the Pacquiao Cup 10-Ball Singles event just 12 months ago (9-footers again).