2022 DCC Discussion Thread

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I thought I read that “60 Minutes” was there.
I read the below on facebook during todays cueitup podcast.

CBS was interviewing Shane and Jayson mostly. There was shouting and arguing (cursing and death threats) in an action match. The CBS crew were in shock. They came back and said their producer actually LOVED it. Oh great.
🤦🏽‍♂️
One step forward, 20 steps back. AGAIN!!!! Good job pool degenerates.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

CBS was interviewing Shane and Jayson mostly. There was shouting and arguing (cursing and death threats) in an action match. The CBS crew were in shock. They came back and said their producer actually LOVED it. Oh great.
🤦🏽‍♂️
There's ALWAYS gonna be gambling(and arguing) in pool. Trying to over-sanitize it is a bad idea imo. Just because someone likes to gamble at pool doesn't make them a degenerate. You might want to take up badminton but i've heard those cats bet higher than giraffe balls. ;)

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's ALWAYS gonna be gambling(and arguing) in pool. Trying to over-sanitize it is a bad idea imo. Just because someone likes to gamble at pool doesn't make them a degenerate. You might want to take up badminton but i've heard those cats bet higher than giraffe balls. ;)
I said I read it, I did not write it or mention I agreed with it.

charley2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Post any DCC updates here. Main events, Bigfoot, gambling, ring game, etc.

Main event match results here:

Bigfoot bracket here:
Does anybody know why Earl Strickland did not play this year in the Derby? I don't believe he's played in recent years at the Derby. Is that correct?
Also, anybody know what's up with Bergman?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Funny I was there live for it, and though it was the Southern Classic. It all blends together.
That was the DCC that Shane, as the only player ever, almost swept the Derby with 1st place wins in 9B, 1P, and 2nd in banks. Had he called the 2 rail bank, he'd have won everything, including the all around champiom.

Brandon79ta

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No BUT being willing to gamble on coin flips, or what ball the roomba knocks in first for example does. Just saying. IMO pool has too many degenerates that just happen to play pool and not enough true players.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Pool players have always been their own worst enemy in this sports reputation!

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

🤦🏽‍♂️

whatever angle would be nice to see when/if aired. might be geo-restricted for me, maybe someone can put it on the tube

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just got back from DCC yesterday. I was there at the invite of 60 Minutes for a piece they are doing on professional pool.

Too give you some background this has been in the works for three years. The same man who wrote the Kid Delicious book "Running The Table" is now a correspondent for 60 Minutes. His name is Jon Wertheim. He contacted me over three years ago and we began a discussion about doing something with pool. It got put on hold until about three months ago when Jon contacted me and said they were ready to go. Over the next couple of months I was in contact with the producers of the show and we decided that DCC was the best place to meet some of the games top players and see them in action.

I arrived on Friday, Day Two and they came in from New York on Saturday, Day Three. We only had two days to film (Sunday and Monday). I had put them in contact with several players in advance (Shane, Jayson, Alex, Filler and Gorst) and they planned to focus on them at DCC. I was there primarily to introduce them to other players, key people like Pat Fleming, and gain access to different areas where they were interested in filming. Also they needed me to explain how things worked and other details like that.

Things went well and they got many hours of tape to review. I will be going to New York next month for final tapings. There are no air dates yet but will keep you informed.

The gist of this piece about pool is the state of professional pool today and the ability of pro players to make a living. As we all know, pool is a sport that is mostly unknown by the general public. 60 Minutes plans to make more people aware that there are a series of professional tournaments where players can earn money. And get to know who some of the game's stars are. I am glad to be a part of this project.

Last edited:

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I just got back from DCC yesterday. I was there at the invite of 60 Minutes for a piece they are doing on professional pool.

Too give you some background this has been in the works for three years. The same man who wrote the Kid Delicious book "Running The Table" is now a correspondent for 60 Minutes. His name is Jon Wertheim. He contacted me over three years ago and we began a discussion about doing something with pool. It got put on hold until about three months ago when Jon contacted me and said they were ready to go. Over the next couple of months I was in contact with the producers of the show and we decided that DCC was the best place to meet some of the games top players and see them in action.

I arrived on Friday, Day Two and they came in from New York on Saturday, Day Three. We only had two days to film (Sunday and Monday). I had put them in contact with several players in advance (Shane, Jayson, Alex, Filler and Gorst) and they planned to focus on them at DCC. I was there primarily to gain them access to other players, key people like Pat Fleming, and different areas where they were interested in filming. Also they needed me to explain how things worked and other details like that.

Things went well and they got many hours of tape to review. I will be going to New York next month for final tapings. There are no air dates yet but will keep you informed.

The gist of this piece about pool is the state of professional pool today and the ability of pro players to make a living. As we all know, pool is a sport that is mostly unknown by the general public. 60 Minutes plans to make more people aware that there are a series of professional tournaments where players can earn money playing. I am glad to be a part of this project

Great work Jay!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I arrived on Friday, Day Two and they came in from New York on Saturday, Day Three. We only had two days to film (Sunday and Monday). I had put them in contact with several players in advance (Shane, Jayson, Alex, Filler and Gorst) and they planned to focus on them at DCC. I was there primarily to gain them access to other players, key people like Pat Fleming, and different areas where they were interested in filming. Also they needed me to explain how things worked and other details like that.

The gist of this piece about pool is the state of professional pool today and the ability of pro players to make a living. As we all know, pool is a sport that is mostly unknown by the general public. 60 Minutes plans to make more people aware that there are a series of professional tournaments where players can earn money playing. I am glad to be a part of this project
I love, love, love, love this! Thank you for sharing and being a part of this project. "60 Minutes" and Jon Wertheim picked the right guy to have you as their guide.