2nd Chance 2007 Brazilian Rosewood Sugartree Raffle

GoTulane

Shizzle-rific
Rating - 100%
116   0   1
Great sugartree!!!

Bill is a great guy to deal with, and he is offering a very nice/unique 8 point sugartree in this raffle. Have shot with this cue, and it is a monster. The winner will be a lucky person. $61 is quite a inexpensive raffle for a hard to get cue from an ON-DEMAND maker!!

Good luck with the raffle, and congrats to the eventual winner.

Michael

AlexB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I participate in any of the raffles in which the item holds some appeal to me. I do not begrudge any seller the ability to exact a reasonable maximum amount for their item. However, it seems to me to set the cost of a raffle spot at $61 smacks of nothing more than a half-assed attempt to gouge everyone for every last dollar you can get. Why the odd amount of $61? Why is that last dollar, or last $42 dollars, so important to you? $60 or even $65 dollars would have been more palatable than $61. So while I purchased 4 chances in the original raffle and would have done so again, I will keep my money because I don't like being extorted even if it is only for a dollar or 4.

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
AlexB said:
I participate in any of the raffles in which the item holds some appeal to me. I do not begrudge any seller the ability to exact a reasonable maximum amount for their item. However, it seems to me to set the cost of a raffle spot at $61 smacks of nothing more than a half-assed attempt to gouge everyone for every last dollar you can get. Why the odd amount of $61? Why is that last dollar, or last $42 dollars, so important to you? $60 or even $65 dollars would have been more palatable than $61. So while I purchased 4 chances in the original raffle and would have done so again, I will keep my money because I don't like being extorted even if it is only for a dollar or 4.

You don't want to get in because you don't like the number 61.00 but would if I had rounded it up to 65.00? But think I'm gouging you?

Makes no sense.

Alex I can assure you I am not making a profit. I am simply trying to get what I put in it after fees and shipping. Matter of fact I'm pretty sure I'll be losing money if you knew the facts.

Sorry that 1.00 extra seems weird to you but my cost per spot is lower than the original you bought 4 spots.

I don't get it?

Just to prove to you I'm not gouging anyone the new price is 60.00:thumbup:

Hurry up spots are filling fast! ;)

Last edited:

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Pm me with what you would take CASH! for the cue . I might save you all the hassle of the raffle.

AlexB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Pii said:
You don't want to get in because you don't like the number 61.00 but would if I had rounded it up to 65.00? But think I'm gouging you?

Makes no sense.

Alex I can assure you I am not making a profit. I am simply trying to get what I put in it after fees and shipping. Matter of fact I'm pretty sure I'll be losing money if you knew the facts.

Sorry that 1.00 extra seems weird to you but my cost per spot is lower than the original you bought 4 spots.

I don't get it?

Just to prove to you I'm not gouging anyone the new price is 60.00:thumbup:

Hurry up spots are filling fast! ;)

Sir,
I was going to let your response pass because I don't want to get into a pissing match, nor do I wish to drag this out. I'm sorry my previous post made no sense to you. Put the amount of money aside. It is not relevant or important.

It is a situation where perception begats reality. You say that you aren't making a profit, and I can accept that. You are welcome to do so. However, it is the dichotomy of your position of asking for the additional $1 that proves to me that you just "don't get it" and unfortunately probably never will.

Perhaps an example or two will help explain what I mean.You own a business and the customer's bill comes to $20.08. Rather than tell the customer to forget the $.08, you make him break a $5 bill for the $.08. Or, you go out to eat dinner, and when it is time to pay the bill you figure out the tip. You know you should leave a standard !5% tip, but in today's economic climate 20% is more realistic since such employees really take a hit. You leave 10%.

In either case the monetary amount is irrelevant. But, if you did either of the above even though you knew it was not the "appropriate" thing to do it speaks to you character and decision making capability. You are the lesser person for it. I appreciate that you don't care what I think, but it is the perception that you leave. You should strive for better.

I will descend from my soapbox now. Good luck on your sale or raffle.

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
AlexB said:
Sir,
I was going to let your response pass because I don't want to get into a pissing match, nor do I wish to drag this out. I'm sorry my previous post made no sense to you. Put the amount of money aside. It is not relevant or important.

It is a situation where perception begats reality. You say that you aren't making a profit, and I can accept that. You are welcome to do so. However, it is the dichotomy of your position of asking for the additional $1 that proves to me that you just "don't get it" and unfortunately probably never will.

Perhaps an example or two will help explain what I mean.You own a business and the customer's bill comes to $20.08. Rather than tell the customer to forget the $.08, you make him break a $5 bill for the $.08. Or, you go out to eat dinner, and when it is time to pay the bill you figure out the tip. You know you should leave a standard !5% tip, but in today's economic climate 20% is more realistic since such employees really take a hit. You leave 10%.

In either case the monetary amount is irrelevant. But, if you did either of the above even though you knew it was not the "appropriate" thing to do it speaks to you character and decision making capability. You are the lesser person for it. I appreciate that you don't care what I think, but it is the perception that you leave. You should strive for better.

I will descend from my soapbox now. Good luck on your sale or raffle.

WTF?

Here's how it works
figured out what I needed to break even
add 3%
add shipping
divide by 42
WOW MAGIC! 61.00$!!

I don't know what all this tip crap has to do with anything. Take a look at other raffles EVEN the last ST raffle with the same cue it was 66.00. Why didn't you claim he was gouging you for that 1.00 over 65.00? Instead you buy 4 spots!

I think the fact that you opened your month about something you had no idea about "speaks to your character and decision making capability".

Thanks for your worthless 0.02!!

Last edited:

AlexB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Your WTF is what I expected from you. The typical response of an ignoramus. You assume I paid $66. I didn't. I had no reason to complain about the extra dollar because there wasn't one. Snowmon "gets it" you don't. He had an unadvertised special for buyers of multiple #'s of $60 per spot. That's what I mean about you never "getting it." He, and others, realize the benefit of "good will," which in the long run is received back many times over. How much more willing will those who received this discount be to participate in his future raffles before yours? You are simply interested in short term profit. It may help in the short run but there is a long term price, whether you understand that or not. I am wasting my time trying to explain something to you which you don't have the ability to grasp. Sorry for invading your small minded world.

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
AlexB said:
Your WTF is what I expected from you. The typical response of an ignoramus. You assume I paid $66. I didn't. I had no reason to complain about the extra dollar because there wasn't one. Snowmon "gets it" you don't. He had an unadvertised special for buyers of multiple #'s of $60 per spot. That's what I mean about you never "getting it." He, and others, realize the benefit of "good will," which in the long run is received back many times over. How much more willing will those who received this discount be to participate in his future raffles before yours? You are simply interested in short term profit. It may help in the short run but there is a long term price, whether you understand that or not. I am wasting my time trying to explain something to you which you don't have the ability to grasp. Sorry for invading your small minded world.

ignoramus? I love you to

So as I read this you wanted a discount? You got one by the lower price to start with (at least I thought you did) if you wanted or thought you deserved one you could have PM'ed me and enlighten me about unadvertised price breaks? But instead you attack me in public.

I'm sorry I'm not up on "unadvertised" price breaks. I'm also sure Snowmon is happy you brought that out in the open.

And again I WASN'T MAKING A PROFIT PERIOD! What don't you grasp about that? Go ask the guy I got the ST from and see what he got for it and then come back here and tell me how much I was making. Talk about an ignoramus.

And your right I can't grasp why you would claim I'm gouging you when All I did was add up what I needed to break even and divided it by 42?
Sorry the number didn't fit your idea of "goodwill" Goodwill that is apparently done behind the backs of many. Jezzzzz

Have a good day ignoramus

chazdillon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 91.7%
11   1   0
you know what...im getting tired of these smart @$$'s. Alex quit yer whining about a dollar..how cheap are you..It doesnt matter what the final price is. when you play the lottery you dont win every single persons dollar that played that week. you win a fraction of it. its a raffle genius. your odds arent getting any better for that $1 and if thats too much for you then maybe you should not be gambling your money away on raffles to begin with..Noone needs your blogging here. do that in another area. not the raffle section. Where else can u go online and buy damn near any cue. This is a blog not a buisness, yeah u can make some money on the side if you come across the right deals or you sell a cue for a friend. Your piss poor economy tipping thing made no sense either. you complain about a dollar then accuse him of only tipping 10%. sounds to me like you would be the one tipping 10% buddy. quit ruining the site with your b/s. sell a cue, buy a cue or shut the f up and go do a different place and complain about there prices. this isnt wal-mart ya redneck

AlexB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Pii said:
ignoramus? I love you to

So as I read this you wanted a discount? You got one by the lower price to start with (at least I thought you did) if you wanted or thought you deserved one you could have PM'ed me and enlighten me about unadvertised price breaks? But instead you attack me in public.

I'm sorry I'm not up on "unadvertised" price breaks. I'm also sure Snowmon is happy you brought that out in the open.

And again I WASN'T MAKING A PROFIT PERIOD! What don't you grasp about that? Go ask the guy I got the ST from and see what he got for it and then come back here and tell me how much I was making. Talk about an ignoramus.

And your right I can't grasp why you would claim I'm gouging you when All I did was add up what I needed to break even and divided it by 42?
Sorry the number didn't fit your idea of "goodwill" Goodwill that is apparently done behind the backs of many. Jezzzzz

Have a good day ignoramus

I didn't want or ask for a discount, in either case. I just wondered why that last dollar was so important to you.

AlexB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
chazdillon said:
you know what...im getting tired of these smart @$$'s. Alex quit yer whining about a dollar..how cheap are you..It doesnt matter what the final price is. when you play the lottery you dont win every single persons dollar that played that week. you win a fraction of it. its a raffle genius. your odds arent getting any better for that $1 and if thats too much for you then maybe you should not be gambling your money away on raffles to begin with..Noone needs your blogging here. do that in another area. not the raffle section. Where else can u go online and buy damn near any cue. This is a blog not a buisness, yeah u can make some money on the side if you come across the right deals or you sell a cue for a friend. Your piss poor economy tipping thing made no sense either. you complain about a dollar then accuse him of only tipping 10%. sounds to me like you would be the one tipping 10% buddy. quit ruining the site with your b/s. sell a cue, buy a cue or shut the f up and go do a different place and complain about there prices. this isnt wal-mart ya redneck

Your reading comprehension skills rank right there with your English and spelling skills. FYI, I am as far from being a Walmart redneck as possible. More like a Northeastern liberal.

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
AlexB said:
I didn't want or ask for a discount, in either case. I just wondered why that last dollar was so important to you.

One more time

I added up what I needed to break even plus fees and shipping and divided by 42. Do I need to say it slower?

Why is 1.00 so important to you?

You called me a "half assed price gouger" when you didn't know what you were talking about and then try to turn it around into a "Goodwill" thing.
I'm certainly not the first to have odd numbers for a spot. Frankly even at 61.00 I was probably losing money.

I'm not a flipper I just like cues and hope to get my money out of them when done and this one was no different.

I know you didn't ask for a discount but yet you go on and on about how someone else gave you one and blah blah blah goodwill.

the facts are simple

I did the math to try and get what I had in it back
You talked out of your a**
I took a hit and I hope that makes you happy.

Good day!!

AlexB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A tad touchy are we? If you re-read all of my posts you will see that I never once called you any name. Anyway, "nuff said.

Panhdlce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 95.3%
41   2   0
Lets see 61 x 42 = $2,562 that ought to buy the most awsome S.T. ever made plus a few extra shafts to go with it......

Last edited:

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
AlexB said:
A tad touchy are we? If you re-read all of my posts you will see that I never once called you any name. Anyway, "nuff said.

Yeah I'm touchy about people talking out their a** about stuff they know nothing about and calling me names

As for rereading your post I suggest you read them all yourself. Does this ring a bell "ignoramus" ?

Let me guess that's a term of endearment.

AlexB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I know plenty about what I talk/type, or I wouldn't do so. Some on this forum reveal their ignorance many times they type something. You are not one of them. Contrary to what you may think, neither am I. I am keenly aware of the use of the English language, its intent, the construction of a sentence and the placement of every punctuation mark. It is a part of my business and could be otherwise costly.
I did not call you an ignoramus. What I wrote was that your usage of the acronym, WTF, was typical of an ignoramus. You may have inferred that I was defining you as such, but that is an assumption you made. As I stated earlier, at no time did I ever defame you. We simply have a diffference of opinion, which the last time I looked, was completely OK in this country.

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
AlexB said:
I know plenty about what I talk/type, or I wouldn't do so. Some on this forum reveal their ignorance many times they type something. You are not one of them. Contrary to what you may think, neither am I. I am keenly aware of the use of the English language, its intent, the construction of a sentence and the placement of every punctuation mark. It is a part of my business and could be otherwise costly.
I did not call you an ignoramus. What I wrote was that your usage of the acronym, WTF, was typical of an ignoramus. You may have inferred that I was defining you as such, but that is an assumption you made. As I stated earlier, at no time did I ever defame you. We simply have a diffference of opinion, which the last time I looked, was completely OK in this country.

You must be a lawyer LOL

"Your WTF is what I expected from you. The typical response of an ignoramus"

I think the quote speaks for itself.