3-C tournament averages for 2022

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks to Bert van Manen, here are the top 16 averages in pro events for 2022. See his facebook group for more details. The three columns after the names are points, innings and average. Bert uses a comma for a decimal point, as is common in Europe. I think the asterisks indicate tournament wins.

1671737038425.png

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
in the old days i beleive if you averaged 1.0 you were a top player
now it seems the top players have almost doubled that.
what has caused the average to get so high now a days?

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the old days, table, cloth & balls were less performant .
Most -when not all- tournaments were round-robin with matchs on 50 or 60 points , inducing a more defensive style of gaming ... more defensive -> lower average.
Now the distance are shorter , and no round robin anymore ... at 3 cushion, shorter distance = more chance of higher average.
And IMHO the average increased too because of the much more professional training of the players , and in addition most of the pro are now only competing at 3 cushions ... more training and a better training .

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In the old days, table, cloth & balls were less performant .
Most -when not all- tournaments were round-robin with matchs on 50 or 60 points , inducing a more defensive style of gaming ... more defensive -> lower average.
Now the distance are shorter , and no round robin anymore ... at 3 cushion, shorter distance = more chance of higher average.
And IMHO the average increased too because of the much more professional training of the players , and in addition most of the pro are now only competing at 3 cushions ... more training and a better training .
I appreciate your reply… thanks👍

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played 3 cushion about 10 times and have a high run of 4,anyone want some action?

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suppose we can give some credit to modern equipment, but I don't think it holds too much water.
Some water but???

IMO it's mostly personalities of the current players along with advances in training, technique, strategies, knowledge.
Science basically.

The man in my avatar more or less retired then a couple years later came back and won his final World Championship
against players averaging 50% - 2X his prior WC averages.

It's heart, dedication, pride? goals, ?????....... Very special personality that absolutely hates to lose.