314 vs. X Shaft

jon21588

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone here hate the 314, but love the X shaft? Can anyone persuade me to try it?

Thanks,
Jon

SPINDOKTOR

lool wtf??
Silver Member
I Do but thats kinda biased, I can tell you I have played with the 314, 3142, Z2 and the Mezz WD700, as well as OB-1, Dollar for Dollar the "X" Shaft is king. Nevermind the issues with the predator shafts right now or, the fact that you would have a wood ferrule, what happens if your tip mushrooms? you gonna use an abrasive on that ferrule? for these reasons I use the "X" Shaft and the Saber T Ferrule, with the tried and true Sniper tip.. Now some maybe disagree, I however tried everything EXCEPT the universal shaft, and other not so known laminated shafts, before I really made a decision on what I would even really promote.. I demand performance, and I dont care who makes what, Im going with the best performing. The OB-1 wasnt bad, but I did have some distraction issues, the ferrule kept catching my eye, I couldnt help it, I also dont like stainless steel joints either, same thing..

So between Predator and Tiger, Id go tiger, or OB-1 if your prepared to deal with mushroomed tips, and dont have problems with things catching your "eye" the truth is the shaft performed great, but so does the "X" Shaft, without issues that bother me personaly..

Ultimately the choice is yours..

SPINDOKTOR "X" Shaft user.. yeah I sell them too, but I sell ONLY Tiger "X" Shafts, think about it, if all these other shafts were so good why would i sell an underdog? I wouldnt.

jon21588 said:
Anyone here hate the 314, but love the X shaft? Can anyone persuade me to try it?

Thanks,
Jon

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
if the wooden farrule keeps catching your eye then you're definitely in the minority. You look at for the first two or three minutes then you never notice it again in my experience.

ShaneT58

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wooden ferrule doesn't bother me and i have my tip trimmed by a professional when it mushrooms.

Tiger does not advertise the X-shaft to be a low deflection shaft. Alot of people assume its low deflection just because its a laminated after market shaft.

I don't think you should be using an abrasive on the ferrule to trim up a mushroomed tip even if it is a Saber-T ferrule.

SPINDOKTOR

lool wtf??
Silver Member
not exactly, I give alot of people test drives, My conclusions and choices were not made by my opinion alone, people talk, I listen.. I wanted nothing more than to be apart of the OB-1 "Revolution" this was my first choice because it seems to be very popular.. Knowing 314 could be better, like tips, I went on a mission to find the best, at a reasonable cost... claiming to be Low deflection or not, performance isnt based on claims, but performance.

Im not directly assoiated with tiger products, I carry alot of brands, the X shaft happens to be one, but only by choice.

Im promoting "X" Shafts because I believe in helping players achieve goals, i even have a website dedicated in helping players in any way I can... No matter the product, or where it is made, if I feel its the best reguardless of hype, not only will I recomend it, i will try it myself.. I wouldnt sell, anything I wouldnt use..

SPINDOKTOR

worriedbeef said:
if the wooden farrule keeps catching your eye then you're definitely in the minority. You look at for the first two or three minutes then you never notice it again in my experience.

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
SPINDOKTOR said:
So between Predator and Tiger, Id go tiger, or OB-1 if your prepared to deal with mushroomed tips, and dont have problems with things catching your "eye" the truth is the shaft performed great, but so does the "X" Shaft, without issues that bother me personaly..

OB-1 has recently upgraded the stock cue tip to the Everest by Tiger Products. Any tip related issues OB-1 had in the past, with our competitors product, will have been resolved by this upgrade.

jon21588 said:

Thanks,
Jon

Whether or not an aftermarket cue shaft is "for you" or not is highly subjective.

You should try them all!

We at Tiger are confident in our product and we have many happy "X" shaft customers.

You really can not go wrong with any of the aforementioned shafts in this thread , they are all made by fine and reputable manufactures, but only you will know which is right for you.

Last edited:

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i like the ob-1 a lot, but hated the talisman tip. good to hear they are using everest now!