A great radio story on Efren...

scottycoyote

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that was great to listen to. I also listened to the piece there on amarillo slim and that was even better, i ended up ordering his autobiography and it was an entertaining read.
 

VIProfessor

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Donovan said:
I got this from Steve's post on onepocket.org

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7113144
Look for the "Listen" button just below the word Billiards in the title.

I can honestly say this was a real treat to listen too. I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did!!!!

This WAS a treat! It's great to hear pool mentioned by a mainstream media outlet such as NPR. Rep to you Donovan!
 

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
On the extended version of Amarillo Slim's interview, what was the deal on the 5 cubes of sugar...I reall did not get that?
 

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Listen to BATA

Donovan said:
I got this from Steve's post on onepocket.org

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7113144
Look for the "Listen" button just below the word Billiards in the title.

I can honestly say this was a real treat to listen too. I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did!!!!

Donovan, I'm glad you posted this. I saw a post about this previously but the listen button was not working then. It worked fine this time around. It was SUPER.
Thanks,
JoeyA
 

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
Donovan, I'm glad you posted this. I saw a post about this previously but the listen button was not working then. It worked fine this time around. It was SUPER.
Thanks,
JoeyA

I love listening to him talk about sleeping on and under the tables...it is kind of sweet. he will always be a Bata "kid".
 

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
Donovan said:
On the extended version of Amarillo Slim's interview, what was the deal on the 5 cubes of sugar...I reall did not get that?

OK, I went a found a copy of Amarillo's book and it is a GREAT READ! I can't seem to put it down. Oh and you know how to select the right sugar cube, it works like a charm! Inisde the mind of a fly...I love it! :)
 

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
Donovan said:
OK, I went a found a copy of Amarillo's book and it is a GREAT READ! I can't seem to put it down. Oh and you know how to select the right sugar cube, it works like a charm! Inisde the mind of a fly...I love it! :)
I happened to hear that Amarillo Slim story when it first came out too, and also went right out and bought the book. Yes, it is a good read and mentions One Pocket quite a bit. He actually cashed in one of the Stardust One Pocket events.
 
Top