A lot of ivory....?

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was searching around on AzBilliards, and saw peoples selling cues with statements like "a lot of ivory". There are also a lot of US peoples who like there cues with many ivory inlays.

Sorry, but I just hate those peoples. Do you guys know that they kill animals to get those ivory? Yes, there is legal ivory in the market. But if peoples like to buy them there is and will also be an illegal market for those items. I will not believe 50% of the cues made has legal ivory inlays. So why still buying them? Are you guys really heartless?

I know, what am I talking about. Most of the US peoples buy cars that needs gallons of petrol to run. Don't give any sh*t of our environment. But think about it, would you still buy a cue with ivory? One thing I'm really sure, I will never buy a cue with any ivory inlay, joint or ferrule on it.

The Beginner

<<<Too Hot to Handle
Silver Member
WesleyW said:
I was searching around on AzBilliards, and saw peoples selling cues with statements like "a lot of ivory". There are also a lot of US peoples who like there cues with many ivory inlays.

Sorry, but I just hate those peoples. Do you guys know that they kill animals to get those ivory? Yes, there is legal ivory in the market. But if peoples like to buy them there is and will also be an illegal market for those items. I will not believe 50% of the cues made has legal ivory inlays. So why still buying them? Are you guys really heartless?

I know, what am I talking about. Most of the US peoples buy cars that needs gallons of petrol to run. Don't give any sh*t of our environment. But think about it, would you still buy a cue with ivory? One thing I'm really sure, I will never buy a cue with any ivory inlay, joint or ferrule on it.

Blah ...Blah ..Blah...Repeated thread

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WesleyW said:

Your opinion has been noted. Thanks for sharing.

BVal

9 on the snap

Budweiser fears me
Silver Member
WesleyW said:

Thanks for giving your insight about "Most US peoples" you seem to know a lot about our countries and our peoples. BTW- I would buy an Ivory car if they sold one.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Doesnt matter to me, it's not my elephant... I like that ivory is rare and I have it in my cue.

Don't like it, don't buy it.

Heath<------- How about some nice baby seal inlays?

TrackKing

Registered
Ivory Rules!!! can someone make me a cue entirely out of ivory? Ivory handle, Ivory points going into Ivory forarm with Ivory veneers and Ivory Inlays? and yes, Ivory shafts.

9 on the snap

Budweiser fears me
Silver Member
Icon of Sin said:
Doesnt matter to me, it's not my elephant... I like that ivory is rare and I have it in my cue.

Don't like it, don't buy it.

Heath<------- How about some nice baby seal inlays?

I hear baby seals make beautiful cases!

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
...and for you cow lover's out there... I had a TRIPLE at Wendy's for lunch...

Wesley,

This topic has been beat to death (excuse the pun). As a consumer I have no idea of knowing if the ivory is legal or illegal, and I can only go by the word of the person selling it. Personally, I have an ivory ferrule on one of my cues - it's over 20 years old. I haven't lost a minute of sleep over it. I'm not an animal hater, but I'm not marching in a picket line at KFC with P.E.T.A. either.

9 on the snap

Budweiser fears me
Silver Member
TrackKing said:
Ivory Rules!!! can someone make me a cue entirely out of ivory? Ivory handle, Ivory points going into Ivory forarm with Ivory veneers and Ivory Inlays? and yes, Ivory shafts.

I hear Brunswick is working on the Gold Crown X, and it's made of solid ivory!

poolfire

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah i know what you mean

WesleyW said:

i am also pis sed off because of all the damn trees we are cutting down to make cues. someone stop all this maddness:rolleyes:

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poolfire said:
i am also pis sed off because of all the damn trees we are cutting down to make cues. someone stop all this maddness:rolleyes:

Good point :eek: , I will make a new thread about it! :D

TrackKing

Registered
9 on the snap said:
I hear Brunswick is working on the Gold Crown X, and it's made of solid ivory!

Awesome, now I just need a set of Ivory balls to play with. Actually, make that 2 sets :rolleyes:

Snorks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9 on the snap said:
You gotta have two sets, one regular, and one for TV.

My problem is I have to have two cues.. one for Canada (that has ivory - even my Schon STL9 has ivory), and one for traveling to the US.

That is ridiculous in my mind. I wish I just could bring my receipt that says it's my cue and I'm not selling it. Damn, you know how big a pain in the ass it is to buy a cue? If it has white in it, it can be confiscated..

seymore15074

So what are you saying?
Silver Member
WesleyW said:

Citation needed.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
FYI , Elephants get old and die too. ;)

Sometimes they are an outright danger if the population is not controlled at all:

" In countries like Zimbabwe, for example, there are 70,000 elephants roaming and causing the death of hundreds of people for many years especially between 1991 to 1996. A lot of money would be generated if the ivory trade were allowed then, but all those elephants were protected."

And :

" Zimbabwean authorities, including environmentalists, have persistently argued that if trade in elephant ivory is unbanned, earnings could be used in many useful ways, especially in improving the living standards of the poor population. There are a lot of issues that have to be taken into consideration; such as, the loss of food and productivity, the loss of education for children, and the great damage caused by the existence of those animals. "

BTW , that a leather tip on your cue ? ;)

HouseMan

~o^-
Silver Member
ahjeez.jpg

Sorry, I had to bring this out of retirement.