About the 9 on the spot ?’s [ US 9 BALL OPEN]

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I may have missed the rule somewhere, I seen it talked about once without a conclusion; it’s just that from the cheap seats I can’t tell.

Is the 9 on the spot? Assuming the idea is to prevent wins on a 9 ball break.

If so, with the amount of play that there is, is it a factor, not so many wins on a 9 ball break?

If it isn’t being re-spotted, is there a running stat on the total 9 on the break wins?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may have missed the rule somewhere, I seen it talked about once without a conclusion; it’s just that from the cheap seats I can’t tell.

Is the 9 on the spot? Assuming the idea is to prevent wins on a 9 ball break.

If so, with the amount of play that there is, is it a factor, not so many wins on a 9 ball break?

If it isn’t being re-spotted, is there a running stat on the total 9 on the break wins?

At Large will be along at some point with all stats. All else - no idear

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes it is 9 on the spot. I think the 9 on the spot has more to do with not having the wing ball wired using a template rack, although ortmann yesterday was breaking very well and usually potting a wing ball and cutting the one in the side. Don't think it has much to do with trying to stop a golden break.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes it is 9 on the spot. I think the 9 on the spot has more to do with not having the wing ball wired using a template rack, although ortmann yesterday was breaking very well and usually potting a wing ball and cutting the one in the side. Don't think it has much to do with trying to stop a golden break.

oh, so when I tell'm on Tuesday nights we rack the 9 on the spot now, all should be cool. Thanks