Action room in Kansas City ?

jungledude

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was wondering the name of the action room in the Kansas City area where David Matlock or James Walden would probably be playing ? :p

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jungledude said:
Was wondering the name of the action room in the Kansas City area where David Matlock or James Walden would probably be playing ? :p

You might try Shooters in Olathe. They will at least know how to get a hold of Matlock.

I thought James Walden was usually at the Billiard Palace in Tulsa.

If you're looking for some good gambling stories, head over to shooters in Wichita and look up Junior Brown.

Cheers,
Regas

bb81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sixpack said:
You might try Shooters in Olathe. They will at least know how to get a hold of Matlock.

I thought James Walden was usually at the Billiard Palace in Tulsa.

If you're looking for some good gambling stories, head over to shooters in Wichita and look up Junior Brown.

Cheers,
Regas

James lives in Oklahoma City and generally plays at TP's on s.e 29th and Douglas in Midwest City. As for David, the only chance you'll get to see David play is if it's at a tournament.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is Raytown still open? Shooters was Matlocks old stomping grounds.

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cueman said:
Is Raytown still open? Shooters was Matlocks old stomping grounds.
Ahhhhh, Raytown Recreation . . . . . now THAT'S an "real" old-time pool hall. Steve Hassell used to play out of there, as he was married to Don Brink's (owner) daughter. Don played really sporty 3-cushion back in the early 80's. Saw Matlock and Hassell hook up there too.

Chuck Raulston

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kansas City

James Doran (Duff) has been running some tournaments at his two locations (Side Pockets) in North Kansas City and Lee's Summit. Duff usually creates some action when he is around. Also, Humphrey, if you need to get in contact with Walden or Matlock send me a private message and I will give them your number. I don't know if you remember me either, Hump, but we met in Mobile last year.

Chuck Raulston