All Japan Championships

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ralf is one of the best tournament players in pool history, but I simply can't stand watching him play. It took him 6 minutes to shoot a fairly trivial safety. I know he was looking whether the combination was on or not, but come on.

Average minutes per game for the 4 streamed matches on the final day:

8.1 -- Chang Jung-Lin d. Ralf Souquet 11-9
4.7 -- Chang Yu-Lung d. Jeffery Ignacio 11-7
5.2 -- Oi Naoyuki d. Chang Yu-Lung 11-6
5.7 -- Raymund Faraon d. Oi Naoyuki 11-8

Last edited:

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just an update - this 17 year old beat alex yesterday 17-5. :D

What is the name of this 17 year old kid and when will we see him play in the USA? Aside from Alex Pagulayan, who are the top PI players he has beaten?

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
What is the name of this 17 year old kid and when will we see him play in the USA? Aside from Alex Pagulayan, who are the top PI players he has beaten?

anthony raga or "anton raga." he's beaten jeffrey ignacio 3 times (race to 21) and ronnie alcano, no handicap. he's beaten jericho banares giving jericho 9-10 handicap. dennis always gave him 9-10 handicap, but dennis never won against this kid. someone is setting an even match between him and dennis this december.
here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhbmPcyW26I

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
anthony raga or "anton raga." he's beaten jeffrey ignacio 3 times (race to 21) and ronnie alcano, no handicap. he's beaten jericho banares giving jericho 9-10 handicap. dennis always gave him 9-10 handicap, but dennis never won against this kid. someone is setting an even match between him and dennis this december.
here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhbmPcyW26I

Wow that is strong looking his list of victims
Would like to see him take on SVB when SVB goes to Phil Open later this month
:)

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mathilda onthehill had the final the day after the tournament but then it disappeared... I know the result but was 30 minutes in to watching it when I fell asleep.anyone got a link?

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Mathilda onthehill had the final the day after the tournament but then it disappeared... I know the result but was 30 minutes in to watching it when I fell asleep.anyone got a link?

you mean, the finals match between Faraon and Naoyuki?

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Wow that is strong looking his list of victims
Would like to see him take on SVB when SVB goes to Phil Open later this month
:)

an update on this kid. he beat Alex Pagulayan last week in 3 matches. scores were 17-5, 21-14 and 21-14 no handicap. :)

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
an update on this kid. he beat Alex Pagulayan last week in 3 matches. scores were 17-5, 21-14 and 21-14 no handicap. :)

What game were they playing?

I just tried to find Faraon's age. One article said he is 26. Does that sound correct as far as you know?

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What game were they playing?

I just tried to find Faraon's age. One article said he is 26. Does that sound correct as far as you know?
arps can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he was referring to Faraon, but rather Anton Raga, who is 17.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wow, that indeed is impressive for a 17 year old. Is this kid (Anton Raga) participating in the Manny Pacquiao tournament?

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Wow, that indeed is impressive for a 17 year old. Is this kid (Anton Raga) participating in the Manny Pacquiao tournament?

Ruben Bautista (HT finalist) is in the Philippines right now as a guest to Raga's financer. He says he saw this kid run 15 balls 7 consecutive times. He was impressed. :)
He is actually in the tournament, he lost to Thorsten though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKtK_ROpmu4

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ruben Bautista (HT finalist) is in the Philippines right now as a guest to Raga's financer. He says he saw this kid run 15 balls 7 consecutive times. He was impressed. :)
He is actually in the tournament, he lost to Thorsten though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKtK_ROpmu4

Yeah batang tirador always has some good videos and he has Ruben match up wjh feliciano Carlo and Cole...also , Ruben won at at hard times against Dennis.