And now . . . Something Completely Different: A Triangle Shaft!

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Interesting...

I guess if you don't ALWAYS keep it dead perfect vertical , your going to get some crazy deflection properties/variations.

Probably worse than any 'twisting' errors. ;)

matcase

Blondie's #1 fan
Silver Member
I remember seeing ads. I believe it was in Pool and Billiard magazine around 1995. Supposedly it fits the shape your fingers make when using a closed bridge.

sfmc-x1

I Sell Out.
Silver Member
And now... A man with a tape recorder up his brothers nose!

First it was LD shafts.

Now this...

"If you haven't used a triangle shaft by now - you haven't shot your best game---Yet."

Hmmm, might be better than Kamui chalk.

Attachments

• nose.jpg
    nose.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,516

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I believe Delta is in China, even though the logo is a Canadian Maple leaf. Probably bought out.

I purchased for $80.00 a Chinese cue that has a Y-CORE with 3 fillers 'spiced' in. It has a light weight rear end balanced shaft with a small ferrule & is significanlty LD. I bought it to try as a break cue but changed the tip & it is now my car keeper.

Regards to all,

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Triangle shaft

I am quite certain theses were available a few years ago at the BCAPL event in Vegas around 2006-2007.

Pretty sure Guido Orlandi was involved in the research and development. Think they were made in the LA area. I believe Max Hoskins was the promoter and the main guy.

I see some inherent advantages to the design. It would basically eliminate any 'twist' motion.

Mark Griffin

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A cue shaft that short is too short to be legal, going by the pics posted anyway.

deltabill

Registered
you are right I ran the ad. deltacue.net is my web page - been around 15 yrs or so sold a lot of cues no complaints no returns hope to sell many more. recently indorsed by the BCA - my second patent has just been approved so watch me now.

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
My first thought was that they probably wouldn't work well if you had to use a bridge.

My second thought, (see, I can have more than one some days), was that you could lean them against your table and they wouldn't slide off to the floor like regular cues will.

If I ever run into one, I will do what they do in Texas. El Paso.

Hard enuff for me to make a decent bloody shaft that is round, let alone a triangle shaft.

However, I can make square ones as they are pretty easy.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
if this is the same company.. they were at valley forge showing this shaft off at one of the expos in the original convention center... probably over 10 years ago.. i thought it was a great idea.. it was a regular shaft that was shaped to have flat sides and had a round ferrule.. it felt interesting.. and it kept you from twisting your wrist and your cue while making your shot..

chris

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think the triangular shaft is right up there with the ash-trays for corner pieces
that some Brunswick engineers designed.
Their biggest value to me would be if my opponent used one.

MAYBE some value as a training device only.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL! I remember seeing an ad for these, probably not the same company, years ago. They never caught on, obviously:rolleyes:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a side note, while on another site just now, this thread reminded me of the spring-loaded cues that you cocked once for soft shots and twice for hard shots. An old road hustler told me about these years and years ago. He said he actually won some money with one. I first saw one in a pool room on Cape Cod, the drunk owner tried to get my wife to buy one for herself. She declined;)
They still make these somewhere, I think.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I played with one over 25yrs ago. It was a house stick a an old Working Mens Club in England. I only used it to play snooker when I was jus making up the numbers for a doubles game. I can't say I hated it and felt pretty good for an open (Snooker style) bridge.

deltabill

Registered
shame shame

I will be kind and not name names - BUT I find it very interesting how many naysayers turn right around and place an order. Thank you very much.
DELTA BILL deltatrianglecue.com

b

deltabill

Registered
shame shame

I will be kind and not name names to all the naysayers about the triangle cue shaft and turn right around and order one, THANK YOU. To those of you with the foresight and imagination be proud of yourself, it's people like you that make innovation possible. Thank you----deltabill deltacue.net

nbc

Cuefather
Silver Member
I've had one of these shafts for probably 10 years now... I purchased it from a cuemaker in Canada... can't recall the name, right now.

It's still straight as can be and actually, is quite a good shaft. I find that when my stroke is a bit off, I use this shaft and it helps straighten me out again.

nbc