Andy Segal wins 2008 Dr Cue Artistic Cup at DCC

ericyow

WPA Masse World Champion
Silver Member
Tom "Dr. Cue" Rossman put on the first annual Artistic Cup this past weekend at the Executive East, next to the 3 Cushion event. It was an absolutely wonderful event for players and spectators alike. The winner was Andy Segal, the same Andy Segal who won in Russia last month to earn the title World Artistic Pool Champion! I took second by a meager 4 points, basically a single shot! So close! A newcomer Jamie Moody took third, who overcame me going into the last shot. But, I was able to pull it out. It was intense (for him) when I was shooting that last shot. If I made it, I bumped him down to third. I hit it first try. Awesome! It amounted to a $1250 shot, pretty much.

Here's the shot that gave me second place -
http://www.ericyow.com/videos/WinningShot.wmv

I also did an interview for Inside Pool Extreme News about "What's in the case?" Check it out. And there's a nasty jump-masse of mine at the end.
http://www.insidepoolmag.com/pool-a...s-in-the-case-with-eric-yow-200801075789.html

Thanks for all the support! I'll be in NYC with Andy Segal this weekend to compete with 2 other trick shot artists in an exhibition challenge match, supporting the movie 9 Ball that you've probably heard so much about.

-yow!

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
eric, i hear that andy and friends will be at herbert's billiards in secaucus, nj for this exhibition on saturday 1/12 at 6:30 pm. will you be appearing anywhere else in the nyc area?

ericyow

WPA Masse World Champion
Silver Member
You know, I keep saying NYC but I guess it's really NJ. I don't know the area that well but I'm under the impression that they're close. Unfortunately, that's the only appearance I'll be able to make in the NYC area this weekend. I wish I could stay longer, but this whole full(waste of)time job thing back home... ;) I try not to let my law career get in the way too much, but I've got to be back at work on Monday.

If any are in the Middle TN or lower KY area on Jan 20th evening, I'm doing an exhibition in Clarksville.

If you know any room owners interested in booking a show, I can check my schedule. Just have them contact me - yow@ericyow.com

ioCross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eric,

wonderful stuff, the videos on your website.

I've read you use a lucasi jump cue, does it have any diff tips on it or the standard one that comes with the cue?

stick8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shot

Great shot yow!! great to see you advance to quickley in your game!! but knew you had it when i first meet you. keep it up. YOUR FRIEND STICK:D :D :D :D

steveinflorida

Silver Member
Artistic Pool at DCC

I did some tip and ferrule work for one of the shooters in the Artistic compatition, Rob Peacock. Can anyone tell me how he finished. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks in advance for any help.
Steve Price

ericyow

WPA Masse World Champion
Silver Member
Tom Rossman will be sending out the final stats in a day or two. I'll get it up when I get them and when I get the chance. Rob was in my flight through the whole event. Nice guy. He's got a shot, "The Leap of Faith," that is absolutely hilarious, and, when it works, impressive. I emailed Rob to get him on here for you.

Incidentally, I took the liberty of editing some video I took of his famous shot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gozr-OtDt-I

I love it! That guy is one great entertainer...

steveinflorida

Silver Member
Artistic Pool

Eric, thank you so very much. As soon as I can figure it out, I'll send you one of those little greenie things.
Steve Price