Any Apa League Reps

Ant812

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i may be a candidate to be a thursday night rep. when i asked what was involved, the aswer was "just answer phone calls about rules". we didnt have a chance to get into detail at the time but im just wondering what else there is to it?
 

stevea

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You would handle all of the BS that happens on thursday and try to sort it out without calling the league operator unless you don't know an answer to the issue or you have a rule question that isn't very clear in the rule book. Our league reps also do not have to pay there $7 weekly if they play. They also put your phone number and name at the top of the score sheet so anyone can get a hold of you, if they have any questions.
 

Ant812

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks stevea, so its just answering questions. i can probably handle that.
 

FeltMaster

You Get The 8
Silver Member
You really need to see what the expactation is of the LO. Our reps receive free league play and incentives for bringing in new players/teams.
A team makes an LO over $500.00 per session (less some fees of course).

Felt
 

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I wouldn't want the hassle for a free ride. I think it is a cop out on the LO's part. He is getting all the money and has a fall guy doing a part of his job that he apparently doesn't like. If it was so easy why is he trying to get someone else to do it? I would tell him "No Thanks".
 

stevea

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he has to have someone there on league night to answer questions... this area could have 40 different league nights per week counting each pool hall and each night... no way he can be at each one fixing stuff.

The most problems you'll run into is at the start of each session when setting up the teams and then you think everything is set and then a new team starts up. But really you just answer questions you can get right out of the rule book.
 

Ant812

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stevea said:
he has to have someone there on league night to answer questions... this area could have 40 different league nights per week counting each pool hall and each night... no way he can be at each one fixing stuff.

The most problems you'll run into is at the start of each session when setting up the teams and then you think everything is set and then a new team starts up. But really you just answer questions you can get right out of the rule book.
i was just going to mention that. the LO in my area pretty much covers the larger part of NJ. 3 nights a week.
 

Scott Lee

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Once again...a huge exaggeration. :rolleyes: The NET amount an LO makes from a new team, for a 14-week session, is substancially less than one-third that amount.

Many division reps are also responsible for picking up that week's league envelopes, and delivering them to the LO!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com ~ former APA L.O.

FeltMaster said:
A team makes an LO over $500.00 per session (less some fees of course).

Felt
 

firemankc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott Lee said:
Once again...a huge exaggeration. :rolleyes: The NET amount an LO makes from a new team, for a 14-week session, is substancially less than one-third that amount.

Many division reps are also responsible for picking up that week's league envelopes, and delivering them to the LO!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com ~ former APA L.O.


Who pays the $5.00 to $7.00 for each player on the Team that plays. The Player or the Bar Owner.
 

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
After making my first post and reading the other comments I would say to give it a try. If it turns out to be somehing that you don't like you can always quit. I wouldn't think that you would have to sign a contract and what is he going to do about it? The worse he could do is raise you up or down a level as revenge. I would just tell him in the beginning that you will give it a shot and if it doesn't work out you will quit.
 

Scott Lee

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Casey...99% of the time the player pays their own weekly fee. I have seen an occasional bar owner pay their own team's weekly fees...but it's rarer then hen's teeth! :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Casey said:
Who pays the $5.00 to $7.00 for each player on the Team that plays. The Player or the Bar Owner.
 

hilla_hilla

I'd rather be foosing it!
Silver Member
Casey said:
Who pays the $5.00 to $7.00 for each player on the Team that plays. The Player or the Bar Owner.

$5-$7? In San Diego we pay $8 each time we play and mail our envelopes directly to the office every week.
 

OnePocketChamp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Becoming an APA Division Rep tells me that your League Operator has alot of confidence in your ability to represent "your" league on Thursday nights and that is the most important aspect of a Reps duties. If you have good team Captains then the phone calls are usually few and far between.

I put alot of trust in my Division Reps to represent the league in the manner in which I want our league to be scene in the publics eyes and our players eyes---this is very important because preception is everything. We give our Reps very nice polo type shirts with the APA logo and their names and the Division Rep title on them, plus once a year we take them and their spouse or girlfriend out to an upscale steak house as a way of thanking them for helping to make our league a success.

Our Division Rep program has been very successful and we have a waiting list of members that want to hold these positions, so that being said I hope you accept this position within your league.
 
Top