Anyone Ever Try HP Poly Finish

Tony Zinzola

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried some and didn't like it. To me the finish looked like cheap plastic. There are some on here that swear it looks as good as automotive finish. Maybe they have a different method of applying it or buffing it out.

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think Bob Flyyn on here uses it or something like it with good results.i know it is a water based.

QMAKER

LIVE FREE OR DIE
Silver Member
Poly Finish

Hello: I have used polycarbonate urethane finishes and they are very nice
to apply, water based, crystal clear and hard while being flexible. The down side is the curing time--at least 1 week and preferably two. The end result between Polycarb urethane and auto clear coat is probably nil. I use both and sometimes, unless I made notes, I cannot tell the difference on the final product. I think, if you are using General Finishes products you want their
product called "Enduro". I have not used it but I understand it is top notch
for a water based clear coat finish.

Bob Flynn
denalicues.com
International Cuemakers Assoc.

bankinbob

bankinbob
Silver Member
I use it and willlee uses it .You don't have to worry about fumes.But you need to work a little harder buffing out. It dries quickly and has a long shelf life,also their sanding sealer is good.

bkkpool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bankinbob said:
I use it and willlee uses it .You don't have to worry about fumes.But you need to work a little harder buffing out. It dries quickly and has a long shelf life,also their sanding sealer is good.

Do you use their sanding sealer as a base or an epoxy?