Arimath “Black Measel” cue ball

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. Because for $45 the buyer will feel like a sucker and work harder to justify buying it.
We used them in our tournament last night for the first time and one of our experts of 50+ years claims with certainty that they are the exact same as the black logo Aramith Duramith finish cue ball that comes with the Aramith tournament sets, with the six spots added on. A little harder finish than the red Measle pro cup ball, which makes it play a little faster, Roll out a little more and draw a little easier. I asked him if there’s any chance that could be the case just because they are brand new and he didn’t think so.

Some people just don’t take very well to change and are looking for any excuse, if they miss a crucial shot or position in a tournament match. Honestly I haven’t had a chance to hit it yet to make my own determination, but I will and I’ll report back if I find it to play any different.

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
I bought 2. Don't feel like a sucker. I like the look of it. That used to not be a crime. I also have 2 of the blue dot measels cue balls. Shame me.
Was just joking. I'm a first class sucker ....I'm up for new stuff for no particular reason. Just to have fun/experiment and keep the dollar circulating.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Bob…….just ordered it. Seyberts is great. They were the first I could locate this past summer
to offer the Predator Arcos Cue Ball and I got that only because Aramith’s. Black Dot wasn’t available.

I find the black offers a more pronounced contrast over red and other colors. It’s a reason why gun laser
sight manufacturers introduced green lasers as an option. It’s seen better in broad daylight and direct
sunlight, it can travel longer distances and is 10 to 50 times brighter than a red laser sight. The sensitivity
of the human eye also peaks with green because it triggers a much higher number of receptor cells.

To my eye, the black on white seems just about the best contrast image you can’t get with any other color.
I know a beam of light isn’t equivalent to how you view the cue ball because even with poor vision you can
see a green laser. And if you had poor vision, the color of the dots wouldn’t matter as much. Ever since I had
cataract surgery some time ago, I don’t require glasses and have clear vision. IMO, black is better than red.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Black Measles cue-ball at fo-fo-fo-FourtyFive Bucks?
Just a meeeeasly 3 years ago got the red one for $12.25 !
That's like PRICE GOUGING 400% !

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black Measles cue-ball at fo-fo-fo-FourtyFive Bucks?
Just a meeeeasly 3 years ago got the red one for $12.25 !
That's like PRICE GOUGING 400% !

The Pro Cup Aramith red Measle ball was never available for $12.25 new. The lowest wholesale price I ever paid for them directly from the supplier nearly 10 years ago was still nearly $20 and they retailed for over $30, even back then. You may have possibly purchased a knockoff.

Last edited:

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
The Pro Cup Aramith red Measle ball was never available for $12.25 new. The lowest wholesale price I ever paid for them directly from the supplier nearly 10 years ago was still approximately $20. You may have purchased a knockoff.
Sorta checking if anyone was reading my posts.
I got Aramith's in a 12 pack. That was a store closeout sale.
YA, I FUDGED the price, just a little, I guess.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
The danged "Predator Arcos" (Aramith) measle ball with the triangles started out at $50. Also hard to find right now. I got the black measle ball a year or more ago for around $30 iirc.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
GYaRjz6.png

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I paid $12 each for the Aramith red circle balls just a couple years ago.
Yes, the red circle Aramith cue ball is a completely different price point. I can still get them wholesale for close to that price. In my opinion, it’s still the best cue ball for the money and was the cue ball of choice for pro tournaments and finer poolrooms for a very long time, before the Pro Cup Measle ball was released. The red circle cue ball stays way cleaner than any other cue ball!

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorta checking if anyone was reading my posts.
I got Aramith's in a 12 pack. That was a store closeout sale.
YA, I FUDGED the price, just a little, I guess.

Overstatement is an act wherein the speaker exaggerates in order to make his position more remarkable.

In fact, the act actually works in the opposite manner than intended, reducing listeners confidence in the 'facts' presented.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Pro Cup Aramith red Measle ball was never available for $12.25 new. The lowest wholesale price I ever paid for them directly from the supplier nearly 10 years ago was still nearly $20 and they retailed for over $30, even back then. You may have possibly purchased a knockoff.
Likely the case.

tomuch23

Some people in leagues swear chalk sticks to the black dot much less than the red dot. It does sound a little different when hitting the two side by side against object balls and I have to agree it's cleaner after each game that I played them using it. Wouldn't mind trying the predator ball in the future.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don’t forget a nice set of lineman’s pliers. When you can’t seem to concentrate on the game because of all the distractions reach up with the pliers, grab a bunch of nose hairs and rip them out! You’re back in the zone now baby!

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Me too, I don't even have a break cue. One cue, extra shaft and chalk.

-dj
When I shoot in tournaments or sub for someone in league I am the only person on the property that takes out a single cue from their case. I do have an extra shaft and an extra cue but so far I have never needed neither. At one tournament I did pop the tip off of my cue while cleaning it to put it away for the night but it was the last match. In the morning my tip was back on my cue. Some guys line up their playing cue, break cue, and a jump cue for a race to 3. 😮😮

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The cue ball being used in the Accu-Stats arena at the DCC this year (and for most of the matches last year) is an Aramith "Diamond" ball with blue spots.