Attached pics to all these sale threads

Bastian

Sleepy
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just FYI, a lot of us cannot see images hosted by photobucket, imageshack, etc when browsing at work... corporate firewalls block these free image hosting services. Attached photos using the 'attach' tool are always visible, as well as photos from the AZB Picture gallery. Just a thought for those of you selling and wanting more visibility.

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
That's a good tip Joe, and in the interest of a better forum experience for all of us, I have another tip. One of my pet peeves is when people post a link to an eBay auction with no description of the item other than "check this out" or "great deal!" To me this is a worthless post because without knowing anything about the item I don't even bother to click on the link. Here is a good example of this: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=93333

Please include at least a general description of the item in your post title to let us all know if we're even remotely interested in the item or not. For example, "Ebony into Tulip Sugartree posted on eBay" would be much more helpful.

Thanks! :)

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Bastian said:
Just FYI, a lot of us cannot see images hosted by photobucket, imageshack, etc when browsing at work... corporate firewalls block these free image hosting services. Attached photos using the 'attach' tool are always visible, as well as photos from the AZB Picture gallery. Just a thought for those of you selling and wanting more visibility.

I have to tell you that even though I agree 100% that attached pictures are a big help that it is not always that easy to do. I have no clue how to resize my pictures to get them small enough to fit on AZB and choice like photobucket make that easier. I know that's my issue but I'm sure it's the reason some people do it. If I could figure it out I'd even think about selling some cues or cases. Just a computer illiterate I guess.

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
leehayes said:
I have to tell you that even though I agree 100% that attached pictures are a big help that it is not always that easy to do. I have no clue how to resize my pictures to get them small enough to fit on AZB and choice like photobucket make that easier. I know that's my issue but I'm sure it's the reason some people do it. If I could figure it out I'd even think about selling some cues or cases. Just a computer illiterate I guess.
See if the thread by James will help you on resizing and other image issues...
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=92902&highlight=image
James did an outstanding job of documenting a few things.
If anything else needs to be cleared up, maybe someone else can help out.

Bastian

Sleepy
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'd be glad to help out.. that guide he did is excellent, but if you have any problems post on this thread and we'll get it fixed up for you. Everyone running windows at least has the free ms paint program that makes resizing fairly easy.

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
part of the reason I posted it was so that others could get an explanation. I can't be the only dummy out here.
Thanks for the help guys.

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
Rating - 92.9%
13   1   0
What I want to know is this... How many people are reading AZ at work instead of getting work done!!! You bunch of slackers!! Incidentally, I'm also at work right now. Gotta love it when you're the boss. ;)

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
stevekur1 said:
Sorry, i am new to the sellers market!

I will update my original sale post

Steve

I didn't mean to single you out my friend, yours was just one of many examples that could have been used. Thanks for understanding. :)
Mr H