Awesome Blomdahl Video

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The highest official run is 28 in a tournament. Done by a few players.
The Wiki That Knows All sez Komori, Ceulemans, Forthomme and Caudron:

The high run at three-cushion billiards for many years was 25, set over two games (fourteen and out and starting with eleven in the next game) by the American Willie Hoppe in 1918 during an exhibition in San Francisco.[citation needed] In 1968 Raymond Ceulemans improved the record to 26 in a match in the Simonis Cup tournament. In 1993 Junichi Komori set the record to 28 in a Dutch league match, a feat repeated by Ceulemans in 1998 in the same league.[10] In 2012 Roland Forthomme tied the record in Zundert.[11] In the 2013 European Championships in Brandenburg, Germany, Frederic Caudron became the fourth member of the "28" club.[12] Ceulemans reputedly had a high run of 32 in a non-tournament, non-exhibition match.[10] The highest run so far in a World Cup match is 24, set by Jérémy Bury on 7 September 2013 in Guri, South Korea (see result sheet on the right).[13]
'
I had heard that Hoppe's two-game run of 25 was split 12 and 13 but I have no reference. The high run for such a situation is probably the sequence of 34 consecutive scoring shots by Jaspers in a single match while playing sets of 15 points. The Wiki continues:

When allowing for interruptions by opponents starting new games, the current record high run is 34 by the Dutchman Dick Jaspers: in his 2008 European Championship Final match against the Swede Torbjörn Blomdahl, played in three games of 15 points each, he ended Game One by going 13 and out, ran 15 and out in the only inning of Game Two (started by Blomdahl), and ran six in his first inning of Game Three.[14][15]
(They mean "sets", not "games".)

T@BP

Blomdahl is a super great guy and a fantastic player, a few month ago I played some pool with him, he is very good at "pool" as well.

Reactions: bbb

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put me in the camp of people who love his commentary. I'd love to see a compiled list of all videos where his commentary can be heard.

I have a paid Kozoom subscription and I've started to pore over the matches there to make that list - if anyone has other sources like YouTube links feel free to post them and I'll aggregate.

Reactions: bbb

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put me in the camp of people who love his commentary. I'd love to see a compiled list of all videos where his commentary can be heard.

I have a paid Kozoom subscription and I've started to pore over the matches there to make that list - if anyone has other sources like YouTube links feel free to post them and I'll aggregate.

Unfortunately, most of the ones I've seen are the ones I caught, by luck, on the Kozoom 24/7 live stream. In this context live doesn't mean as it happened. Some of his best commentary has been on matches he was playing in. But the depth of his knowledge, particularly about things like position, avoiding kisses, and safety play, is astounding.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone recommend a basic tutorial on how to play 3C? I would like to learn how they know where to hit the balls. It looks like witchcraft.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can anyone recommend a basic tutorial on how to play 3C? I would like to learn how they know where to hit the balls. It looks like witchcraft.
Get Robert Byrne's "Standard Book of Pool and Billiards". The second half is all about 3-cushion. I think it is the best introduction to the game in English. You can get a used copy delivered to your door for about $10. There are two editions, but the carom half was unchanged.

After that, watch videos of matches. Even better, find a pool room with 3-C players. The USBA site has a list of known rooms in the US.