AZB Growth: Pickup game or geographic section

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
AZ has gone frm forum to partial content producer and breaking news source.

Is there a demand for players that travel looking for matches or places to play.

I am not sure if its a pool hall directory or matchmaking for players travelling to different areas.

There are great players livng far from leagues or tournaments but competent in providing a sweat match. AZ is great just trying to keep the community growing. Some of the older sets on here seem to have faded away.

If the idea isnt clear itd be a a section for pickup games and introductions for players. Living in a small town it can be challenging to find players, so when making the road trip itd be great to have some connections for the journey.

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
Great Idea!

I for one would love a section dedicated to the Northeast inclusive of everything from Northern NJ right up to Maine. Currently I'm looking for local/regional tournaments not only for me, but also for my son (junior tournaments for under 18/ under 12).

I was sort of pleasantly surprised at the number of tournaments in the region where pretty much anyone can enter if they're willing to fork over the entrance fee. I was also surprised at the elaborate handicap system some of the regional tours have. It's a brave new world since my 1st go around in the Pool world, lol. It would be nice to have section where I could interface with others who know this area well and exchange information. -Z-

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I have seen interactive mals that plot geo tags from a search.
But that type of programming is heavy duty and rarely applied outside of maps based off the web.

A faster way is a pool tour big and small could post on AZ. Az could load that into the google map api and flush out pretty pictures with the targeted locations.

a user on az types tours 67 mile radius around zip code 12345. google map links and displays. the old way of calling up every pool hall in the phonebook is too old. the new way helps because maps gives you driving directions.

brave and new is happening but custom and targeted is what the online thing is all about. mass production and mass appeal are fading into trending searches.

I for one would love a section dedicated to the Northeast inclusive of everything from Northern NJ right up to Maine. Currently I'm looking for local/regional tournaments not only for me, but also for my son (junior tournaments for under 18/ under 12).

I was sort of pleasantly surprised at the number of tournaments in the region where pretty much anyone can enter if they're willing to fork over the entrance fee. I was also surprised at the elaborate handicap system some of the regional tours have. It's a brave new world since my 1st go around in the Pool world, lol. It would be nice to have section where I could interface with others who know this area well and exchange information. -Z-

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AZ has gone frm forum to partial content producer and breaking news source.

Is there a demand for players that travel looking for matches or places to play.

I am not sure if its a pool hall directory or matchmaking for players travelling to different areas.

There are great players livng far from leagues or tournaments but competent in providing a sweat match. AZ is great just trying to keep the community growing. Some of the older sets on here seem to have faded away.

If the idea isnt clear itd be a a section for pickup games and introductions for players. Living in a small town it can be challenging to find players, so when making the road trip itd be great to have some connections for the journey.
If there was a list made of all the "regular" members here by state and town that would potentially be interested in playing with other members when geographically convenient, that would be cool. Then the members can enter their own info such as what games they prefer to play (14.1, 1-P, 9-ball, etc), what skill level player they are, whether they play only for fun, or don't mind playing "cheap" sets. Then players can contact each other to arrange. I could see many potential problems, such as a member turning down another member's request to play and someone having their feelings hurt. I still think it would be cool.

Any regulars here visiting northwest NC are welcome to private message me, if they are in my area or plan to be, regarding a session (for fun or cheap sets), as long as it is not 1-pocket!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If there was a list made of all the "regular" members here by state and town that would potentially be interested in playing with other members when geographically convenient, that would be cool. Then the members can enter their own info such as what games they prefer to play (14.1, 1-P, 9-ball, etc), what skill level player they are, whether they play only for fun, or don't mind playing "cheap" sets. Then players can contact each other to arrange. I could see many potential problems, such as a member turning down another member's request to play and someone having their feelings hurt. I still think it would be cool.

Any regulars here visiting northwest NC are welcome to private message me, if they are in my area or plan to be, regarding a session (for fun or cheap sets), as long as it is not 1-pocket!

Same here, ANYONE that wants to play cheap sets that happens to be in or close to Florence, Alabama send me a pm so we can make it happen.

Everyone's idea of cheap is different but to me a cheap set is:

9 ball or 10 Ball, magic rack, b.i.h., 3 foul, race should be at least 7, price of $20 - $40 per set.

Btw, I record sets. That way if there is a disagreement about a bad mis hit....ect, we can watch it on camera and then make a decision.

Rake

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
Same here, ANYONE that wants to play cheap sets that happens to be in or close to Florence, Alabama send me a pm so we can make it happen.

Everyone's idea of cheap is different but to me a cheap set is:

9 ball or 10 Ball, magic rack, b.i.h., 3 foul, race should be at least 7, price of $20 - $40 per set.

Btw, I record sets. That way if there is a disagreement about a bad mis hit....ect, we can watch it on camera and then make a decision.

Rake
Central Alabama here. If you were closer I'd love to play cheap sets like that. Good for practicing. And you recording would be a great bonus.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Central Alabama here. If you were closer I'd love to play cheap sets like that. Good for practicing. And you recording would be a great bonus.

Yep. It seems to be hard to find people that want to play cheap sets, especially if they play very strong.

There are some players that live near me but only a couple that have a very strong game. The others almost hurt my game.

Don't know about others but lately if I play a lesser player my game suffers.....go figure.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come to Felt in Englewood Colorado,just south of Denver.
I will play anyone dead even for 1 bottle of water.
And if you give me a little weight the bet goes to 2 bottles.
Must post.