AZ's ethical bar gets lower as the threats of bans heightens...

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
Mr. Wilson said:
I am ready to start handing out bans. Very tired of the constant stream of complaints generated from people that have no interest in what cue gets to whom when. If you don't believe me, flame on.

Although I have no stake in any Kevin Varney cue, I believe I have a stake in a forum where I can find knowledgeable people, and a forum which will protect those members against fraudulent activities.

An example of the latter was when the AzB people gathered in support of Jay Helfert when he was ripped off by that Jeff Kessler guy (Action Hound). Hence, I'm surprised that Mr. Wilson now threatens to ban anyone who speaks up against, what I think, is a deceitful person who has clearly taken advantage of the trust of several fellow forum members.

-- peer
 

JAM

Professional Railbird
Silver Member
Peer said:
Although I have no stake in any Kevin Varney cue, I believe I have a stake in a forum where I can find knowledgeable people, and a forum which will protect those members against fraudulent activities.

An example of the latter was when the AzB people gathered in support of Jay Helfert when he was ripped off by that Jeff Kessler guy (Action Hound). Hence, I'm surprised that Mr. Wilson now threatens to ban anyone who speaks up against, what I think, is a deceitful person who has clearly taken advantage of the trust of several fellow forum members.

-- peer

Maybe I am reading different threads, but some of the replies to the so-called "Varney" threads have been over the top.

I understand that people will have strong opinions from time to time, but there were some posts which broke all the rules of this forum.

I am thankful that Mr. Wilson is the moderator. I have participated AND/OR read other forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms, and newsgroups where there is no moderation.

If a reader of this forum does not care for moderation, there are other forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms, and newsgroups where anything goes. :smile:

JAM
 

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
I am thankful that Mr. Wilson is the moderator. I have participated AND/OR read other forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms, and newsgroups where there is no moderation.
JAM


Yes, we have,,,,,,,,,and you are right.
 

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The actionhound fiasco died out after a while, and this KV one should to. I think by now EVERYONE has gotten the message. And they can now interpret it as they see fit.
 

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
There is so much going on in the world of pool this weekend, I'd rather concentrate on all of that than most of this stuff.

Many of us that have been here for a while remember when the main topic of discussion was the game of pool. Lately the main forum has become a battleground to express problems you are having with private business transactions. While many of us realize that there is a need to alert people of deceptive practices, many of us also realize that certain situations are in overkill mode.

Example: this is the 3rd "Mr. Wilson, you are out of line" thread that I have seen in the last 8 hours. Really, how many of these do we need?

There are 16,236 members and 36 separate sub-forums on this site. The reality is that we only have a handful of administrators and moderators to keep the peace.

They can't read every thread that is posted in every sub-forum.

They can't keep up with who is mad at whomever and why - who started it -who owes this guy this an that - and I don't think they really care one way or another. We're all adults and we should work things out as such.

The moderators will make decisions that you will agree and disagree with. I've been angry and disappointed a few times, but that's life on Azbilliards - I'm just a guest and I either accept the decision or I could go elsewhere (which I have done a few times, but I always end up back here anyway - so what's the use???)

In other words, in 100 years nobody will give a shitt about any of this, so its best to just shrug it off and have a good time despite whatever it is you disapprove of.
 

JAM

Professional Railbird
Silver Member
Blackjack said:
There is so much going on in the world of pool this weekend, I'd rather concentrate on all of that than most of this stuff...


On that note, I'm hijacking this thread! :thumbup:

Did you read the thread on the Tournament Forum where Ike Runnels won the Heineken 8-Ball Championship in Jamaica just last week?

A 64-player field, Ike wins and pockets a cool $120,000! :shocked2:

This a great pool win for Ike. He goes to Jamaica, has a nice vacation, and brings home $120,000. It doesn't get any better than that!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

JAM
 

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
On that note, I'm hijacking this thread! :thumbup:

Did you read the thread on the Tournament Forum where Ike Runnels won the Heineken 8-Ball Championship in Jamaica just last week?

A 64-player field, Ike wins and pockets a cool $120,000! :shocked2:

This a great pool win for Ike. He goes to Jamaica, has a nice vacation, and brings home $120,000. It doesn't get any better than that!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

JAM

WAY-DA-SHAKE,,,,,IKE........ My Chicago, homie. Folks, Ike has taken his game in the last 12-15 years from a medeocre shortstop to a world beater. Good for you my friend.
 

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
On that note, I'm hijacking this thread! :thumbup:

Did you read the thread on the Tournament Forum where Ike Runnels won the Heineken 8-Ball Championship in Jamaica just last week?

A 64-player field, Ike wins and pockets a cool $120,000! :shocked2:

This a great pool win for Ike. He goes to Jamaica, has a nice vacation, and brings home $120,000. It doesn't get any better than that!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

JAM

No way! That sneaky little devil. :smile:
 

JAM

Professional Railbird
Silver Member
hemicudas said:
WAY-DA-SHAKE,,,,,IKE........ My Chicago, homie. Folks, Ike has taken his game in the last 12-15 years from a medeocre shortstop to a world beater. Good for you my friend.

I'm wondering why nobody heard about this tournament, with a payout like that. :p

Why can't me and mine run into a tournament like that! :sorry:

Ike must be on Cloud Nine!

JAM
 

JAM

Professional Railbird
Silver Member
hemicudas said:
WAY-DA-SHAKE,,,,,IKE........ My Chicago, homie. Folks, Ike has taken his game in the last 12-15 years from a medeocre shortstop to a world beater. Good for you my friend.

Check it out, courtesy of A_Susie_Cue posting the below-referenced article. :grin:

Man, what a win. I'll say it again. What a great win! :smile:

Third place paid out $25,000. Man, oh, man!

JAM
 

Attachments

  • Ike%20Jamaica2[1].jpg
    Ike%20Jamaica2[1].jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 322

Jerry Forsyth

Well-known member
Jamaican dollars not worth much

Jam,

$120,000 in Jamaican dollars equals $1,663 American dollars. It takes 72 Jamaican dollars to equal 1 US dollar. Sorry to burst that bubble.
 

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerry Forsyth said:
Jam,

$120,000 in Jamaican dollars equals $1,663 American dollars. It takes 72 Jamaican dollars to equal 1 US dollar. Sorry to burst that bubble.

Couldn't you have waited 24 hours, Jerry? Ike, is a great guy and I was so happy for him. I hope he can run it into $120K US soon. Just kidding, Jerry. Thanks for posting.
 

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Jerry Forsyth said:
Jam,

$120,000 in Jamaican dollars equals $1,663 American dollars. It takes 72 Jamaican dollars to equal 1 US dollar. Sorry to burst that bubble.


if it would have been $120,000 USD then every big name would have been there.
 

GoTulane

Shizzle-rific
Ethics?

Yeah, some questionable things have been happening here recently -on both sides of the fence. It is almost hard to keep up anymore - if you even want to.

All I know is that there have been some really good TOP TEN LISTS on here recently.


Entertainment is good right nowpopcorn eating emoticon.gif

Michael
 

UrackmIcrackm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
The actionhound fiasco died out after a while, and this KV one should to. I think by now EVERYONE has gotten the message. And they can now interpret it as they see fit.
Was actionhound banned?
 

JAM

Professional Railbird
Silver Member
Jerry Forsyth said:
Jam,

$120,000 in Jamaican dollars equals $1,663 American dollars. It takes 72 Jamaican dollars to equal 1 US dollar. Sorry to burst that bubble.

Yikes! :eek:

I went throught the gamut when I read the big number: :indecisive:

JAM
 

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea

Jerry Forsyth said:
Jam,

$120,000 in Jamaican dollars equals $1,663 American dollars. It takes 72 Jamaican dollars to equal 1 US dollar. Sorry to burst that bubble.

I was wondering about that too. I thought I saw something advertising this tourney a while back. And while looking at the entry fee's and what the payout was, I thought, thats a lot of dough to get there and expenses too. I think they advertised it as $1600 1st place with a full 64 players. But, if you're going on vacation, might as well go where the tournies are. At least get a chance to recover part of your travel expenses.

Congratulations to Ike. He's a great player and deserves to win a few titles.
 

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
The dragging up of old news already reported (ActionHound, the Varney piling-on, FL etc.) the discussion of moderators rights and authority and individuals deciding that they want to make new rules for AZ Billiards is what is the problem.

While I admire unique perspectives and like to read them, I detest the regurgitating of already worn-out subject matter, especially when it comes to dwelling on the rules of this forum, the dragging of someone's name through the mud, repeatedly ad nauseam, ad infinitum. :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

The valued opinions of everyone on these subjects have already been posted, read and discussed and it is time to get on with other items of interest.

JoeyA
 

JAM

Professional Railbird
Silver Member
Nostroke said:
About 60 road players heading for Chicago just made a U-Turn!!

LOL! Now that's funny!

:killingme: :killingme: :killingme: :rotflmao1: :rotflmao1: :rotflmao1:

JAM
 
Top