(Banging my head) Danny Harriman

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danny Harriman

Guest
This is just an update for any fans that I may have or accumulated while posting my threads about the shortcummings of certain promoters, Brady Behrman sent me a private E-Mail requesting my address so he could send the doe that is owed. As normal I gave him the same address as always, he just sent me a new E-Mail stating that he has sent $1000.00 dollars to the UPA and that they will disperce the $ to me. This is a different arrangement than what we had agreed upon, if this story is true then he will still owe me a grand total of $850.00, I think everyone who has followed this story understands that the $ orders he claimed to have sent were indeed ficticious.
I finished in 7th place and tied with Archer (one of the lucky ones who got paid.) After all of the crap I have been through now I have to worry about the UPA taking out $100.00 for their fee,I would like all of the forum viewers to understand that I talked to a writer for the Billiard Digest and asked if he would print the wrong doings of Brady and he would not. Now we all get in over our heads but Brady's lack of concern in this matter annoys me or as he would say it sucks. What I'm trying to say is this forum is one of my only chances in getting paid so your feedback is important to me if no one else.
When I asked Frank Alvbarez (UPA Leading Rep.) about the $ owed from the upa event in Virginia he his words were "thats not the upa's fault" however it might be interesting to note that Charlie Williams one of the founders and ex-president of the organization said "it kind of is the upa's fault since we sanctioned the event." I do appreciate Charlies honesty and I will continue to keep yall posted about what's going down.
Thanks for reading and all of your positive comments are welcomed I do feel that Brady will pay what he owes I just worry because his lack of concern does not impress me at all. If I was in his shoes I would have been in contact with me and would have worked out some sort of payment plan over three years ago. But I guess everything is funny when you owe people big money.
 

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Danny Harriman said:
This is just an update for any fans that I may have or accumulated while posting my threads about the shortcummings of certain promoters, Brady Behrman sent me a private E-Mail requesting my address so he could send the doe that is owed. As normal I gave him the same address as always, he just sent me a new E-Mail stating that he has sent $1000.00 dollars to the UPA and that they will disperce the $ to me. This is a different arrangement than what we had agreed upon, if this story is true then he will still owe me a grand total of $850.00, I think everyone who has followed this story understands that the $ orders he claimed to have sent were indeed ficticious.
I finished in 7th place and tied with Archer (one of the lucky ones who got paid.) After all of the crap I have been through now I have to worry about the UPA taking out $100.00 for their fee,I would like all of the forum viewers to understand that I talked to a writer for the Billiard Digest and asked if he would print the wrong doings of Brady and he would not. Now we all get in over our heads but Brady's lack of concern in this matter annoys me or as he would say it sucks. What I'm trying to say is this forum is one of my only chances in getting paid so your feedback is important to me if no one else.
When I asked Frank Alvbarez (UPA Leading Rep.) about the $ owed from the upa event in Virginia he his words were "thats not the upa's fault" however it might be interesting to note that Charlie Williams one of the founders and ex-president of the organization said "it kind of is the upa's fault since we sanctioned the event." I do appreciate Charlies honesty and I will continue to keep yall posted about what's going down.
Thanks for reading and all of your positive comments are welcomed I do feel that Brady will pay what he owes I just worry because his lack of concern does not impress me at all. If I was in his shoes I would have been in contact with me and would have worked out some sort of payment plan over three years ago. But I guess everything is funny when you owe people big money.

Danny,
While in Jacksonville the consensus was that everybody wants Danny Harriman back on the main stage in pool, but that is only if Danny Harriman wants to be there. I am glad that this is going to be worked out between you and Brady eventually and you know that I will help you out in any way that I can. Tony Robles and Frank Alvarez both told me that "we need a great player like Danny." The UPA is more than willing to assist you in any way possible to ensure that this situation is taken care of, but as I said to you before Danny, it needs to be done in private, and not in a public forum. This is not about who's side people are on, or how much support you get from the members of this forum, its about getting you paid what is owed to you. Feel free to contact me regarding any assistance that you made need regarding this issue.
 

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been reading with great interest all of Danny's posts, and I think that his posting all of thiss on a public forum is probably one of the only options that he has to settle the matter. I haven't seen any one sided name callings, and meaningless bashings either, just simply Danny stating what has happened to him, and how he's going about trying to solve it, and how other parties involved are handling themselves. Posting in a public forum might be considered a one sided attack on a person without giving the opposite a fair chance to defend himself, but in this case and this particular forum, the others involved are also members of this post, and have had, and used their opportunity to post their side of the story.
I personally am glad to know what events I need to avoid because of problems like this.
Danny, thanks for sharing the information. And good luck with your situation. Would love to see you back in the saddle soon.
dave
 

Roach

Banned
Danny,

I've followed you since your Sringfield days. You are being squeezed by both ends. The UPA and Behrman. For him to send the check to the UPA is totally uncalled for since they wouldn't represent you in the first place. It is nothing but a slap in your face.

I'm sure they'll take their $100 and send you the balance. Sometimes, someone other than you has the leverage. All you can do it take it.

But, I wouldn't forget. What comes around goes around. Some day you'll have the hammer. And, you better use it.

Business is business. Allowing personal feeling to get in the way is bad business. Remember your current feelings. Use them to your benefit next time.

Blackjack

Until Danny gets paid I'd rather not hear about how he's good for pool and we need good players like Danny. Quite frankly, without a public forum, just what chance does Danny have of getting paid.

Sit and wait??????????????.............palease!

Pool doesn't deserve good players like Danny.
 

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Tokyo-dave said:
I've been reading with great interest all of Danny's posts, and I think that his posting all of thiss on a public forum is probably one of the only options that he has to settle the matter. I haven't seen any one sided name callings, and meaningless bashings either, just simply Danny stating what has happened to him, and how he's going about trying to solve it, and how other parties involved are handling themselves. Posting in a public forum might be considered a one sided attack on a person without giving the opposite a fair chance to defend himself, but in this case and this particular forum, the others involved are also members of this post, and have had, and used their opportunity to post their side of the story.
I personally am glad to know what events I need to avoid because of problems like this.
Danny, thanks for sharing the information. And good luck with your situation. Would love to see you back in the saddle soon.
dave

Dave,
Though your support of Danny is commendable, it should be noted that the UPA has not and will comment on this situation publicly. You are hearing Danny's side of the story, and occasionally Brady's. I would suggest that you get in contact with the UPA board and get their position on the issue prior to saying that we should avoid events. The situation that caused Danny's non payment of funds has been corrected and will not occur again at any UPA sanctioned event, including the US Open. Brady Behrman has told me personally that he is not promoting any large scale pool tournaments in the near future. He is assisting his dad with the US Open, and the US Open has agreed to the UPA sanctioning guidelines for this year's event.

While in Jacksonville, I had the opportunity to discuss a non-payment issue with Mika Immonen that dates back to September 2001 (2001 US Open). It should be noted that Mika is owed twice as much money as Danny Harriman ($5000). Mika has been very private and very professional in his response to this situation. Mika will either play in the US Open or he will quietly refrain from attending. There is nothing to gain trying to battle each other publicly and turn the situation into a war. Mika understands that, and I have great respect for his professionalism. I have agreed to assist Mika in the same way I have agreed to assist Danny Harriman. The issue still remains that these players are owed money that is far too long past due for payment. Assigning blame and trying to create a stir in the billiard media is wasted energy. The energy needs to be redirected towards a workable solution that will get these players paid in full.
 

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Danny,

I've followed you since your Sringfield days. You are being squeezed by both ends. The UPA and Behrman. For him to send the check to the UPA is totally uncalled for since they wouldn't represent you in the first place. It is nothing but a slap in your face.


This is an agreement that was set up between the UPA and Brady Behrman to ensure that the payments were made to Danny Harriman. This is because the UPA fought to get Danny paid his money. They are still fighting to make sure that happens.

I'm sure they'll take their $100 and send you the balance. Sometimes, someone other than you has the leverage. All you can do it take it.

Your ignorance of the facts is evident in this statement. If the legal fees end up costing Danny $100 then he got one heck of a bargain. The UPA represented Danny and he was not a UPA member or touring pro.

But, I wouldn't forget. What comes around goes around. Some day you'll have the hammer. And, you better use it.

Business is business. Allowing personal feeling to get in the way is bad business. Remember your current feelings. Use them to your benefit next time
.

This is the attitude we are trying to avoid. It solves nothing. Pool loses a great player and Danny will never reach his full potential as a player. In your solution, all Danny gets is a cross to bear. We are talking about getting him paid, not prolonging his anger and frustration.

Blackjack

Until Danny gets paid I'd rather not hear about how he's good for pool and we need good players like Danny. Quite frankly, without a public forum, just what chance does Danny have of getting paid.

Sit and wait??????????????.............palease!


I think Danny, Brady, and the UPA would agree that my involvement has gotten the ball rolling on this issue, if nothing else - it has gotten this issue off the back burner. This should have been taken care of a long time ago. This public forum has done very little to help Danny. The UPA Board will not respond to Dany's comments in a public forum. Danny knows that. When Danny and I spoke a few weeks ago it was discussed that the UPA had done a lot for him (a non UPA member) and continued to do so until his match forfeit at the Bicycle Club event. It should also be noted that his $100 fee was paid/waived... this was verified when I spoke with Tony Robles. Since my involvement in this situation, my goal has been to see that:
a) Danny gets paid
b) Danny gets back on the pro tour where he belongs
c) Ensure that measures are taken to avoid this in the future



Pool doesn't deserve good players like Danny.

Then who does?
 

Roach

Banned
Blackjack said:
...This public forum has done very little to help Danny. The UPA Board will not respond to Dany's comments in a public forum. Danny knows that...

I disagree. Apparently $1000 has been sent to the UPA.

I doubt very seriously if that payment would've been made had Danny not said something in the forum.

Keeps the pressure on them. Keeps it off the back burner.

Finally, who cares if the UPA responds publicly. I wouldn't expect them to. But, I would expect Danny's posts (which have been reasonably worded considering the circumstances) is like an ongoing pain in their ass that they'd like to have go away.
 

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I the UPA not make any public comments concerning the matter is the only professional way for an 'organization' to respond. However, Danny is an single induvidual, which is why I support him for going public. Most of all, I was impressed with all the replies of support and non support he got from most of the AZ members. Many of the AZ members are well known players and insiders in the pool community, and Dannys posts got everybody talking to eachother (pro/con), and that's what I've always believed the players needed. Communication doesn't have to mean agreement, but communication between the players is one step in the right direction to getting some kind of unity in the players community. Players standing up for or against eachother at least shows that players are aware of other players and what's going on, and I think that's very important.
dave
 

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the problem is in the post below. The UPA knowing is supporting
Behrman who owes a player that is one of the best players in the world.
It amazes me that people give this guy a free pass. I believe it has happened
twice but I may be wrong.
I dont believe the amount should have anything to do with the outcome.
Maybe Mikas demeanor is different but it does not lessen anyone that is still
owed money.
IMO its a shame that a large event such as the US Open, which in all sports carries clout and respect, is tainted.

Hopefully the money will be paid but I can not see any honest effort
being made. Heck its been almost 4 years since Mika's nonpayment.
In the middle there were 3 more Opens. Barry should run for congress.

Blackjack said:
Dave,
Though your support of Danny is commendable, it should be noted that the UPA has not and will comment on this situation publicly. You are hearing Danny's side of the story, and occasionally Brady's. I would suggest that you get in contact with the UPA board and get their position on the issue prior to saying that we should avoid events. The situation that caused Danny's non payment of funds has been corrected and will not occur again at any UPA sanctioned event, including the US Open. Brady Behrman has told me personally that he is not promoting any large scale pool tournaments in the near future. He is assisting his dad with the US Open, and the US Open has agreed to the UPA sanctioning guidelines for this year's event.

While in Jacksonville, I had the opportunity to discuss a non-payment issue with Mika Immonen that dates back to September 2001 (2001 US Open). It should be noted that Mika is owed twice as much money as Danny Harriman ($5000). Mika has been very private and very professional in his response to this situation. Mika will either play in the US Open or he will quietly refrain from attending. There is nothing to gain trying to battle each other publicly and turn the situation into a war. Mika understands that, and I have great respect for his professionalism. I have agreed to assist Mika in the same way I have agreed to assist Danny Harriman. The issue still remains that these players are owed money that is far too long past due for payment. Assigning blame and trying to create a stir in the billiard media is wasted energy. The energy needs to be redirected towards a workable solution that will get these players paid in full.
 

Banker Burt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Politics & business

We live in a democracy which offers a broad forum of literal debate.

Question -
It is right that an ex-governor of california signs a bill allowing indian casinos to do business in our state (without being taxed), then retires buying stock in a company that manufactures slot machines?

Is it right that a professional athletic association sanctions an event, but does not protect its primary interest - ie: its player members?

You finished as high as Archer. Humm... Why not give Johnny a call and ask him how to work the mix.

Danny? There is much to learn about politics and business. They may be different words but their meanings are virtually the same. Unfortunately in both cases, "Good guys finish last."

Beyond that, it is all about "Stepping up" just as you have as a pool player.

In the end, you will win.

Unless you play the "Political/business" game as our society depicts.
 
Last edited:

Big Bad Bern

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blackjack I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and what your doing for poolplayers(Danny, Mika, and myself with your responses to my posts and also your building the perfect game course), but with that being said I have a difference of opinion on this particular subject. If Danny had not brought his problem to this forum he would not be receiveing your help in this matter as I believe you were previously unaware of this situation. Also by bringing this to your attention he has unwittingly aided Mika. Just my thoughts Blackjack and I sincerely hope you continue to help poolplayers all that you can and I give you my thanks.

Bernie
_________________________________________________________
Life is short, it's better to win! -- Lance Armstrong
 

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Roach said:
I disagree. Apparently $1000 has been sent to the UPA.

I doubt very seriously if that payment would've been made had Danny not said something in the forum.

Keeps the pressure on them. Keeps it off the back burner.

Finally, who cares if the UPA responds publicly. I wouldn't expect them to. But, I would expect Danny's posts (which have been reasonably worded considering the circumstances) is like an ongoing pain in their ass that they'd like to have go away.

Roach
You obviously know very little about this situation. My phone number is listed in my profile, feel free to contact me at any time and I will let you know all that has been done to try and correct this situation. Quite simply,the UPA does not owe Danny money, Brady Behrman does. Brady has publicly and privately acknowldged his mistakes and his regret at the time it has taken to pay Danny. The UPA represented Danny Harriman even though he was not a member of their organization. They even went to court on his behalf. This situation did not get where it is right now because Danny posted on this forum. It is because ciommunication has been re-established between Danny and Brady. The communication is far from perfect and there are several trust issues, but the situation is being handled. You say you don't expect the UPA to respond, but in truth, if they did you would get a view of the entire picture, not just Danny's side of the issue. In speaking with all parties involved, you must understand that everybody has made mistakes (including Danny Harriman) in regards to this issue. As Brady so eloquently pointed out in his post, where were you when his event was being held? Did you support it in any way? If you didn't, then as a fan you remain part of the problem as to why Danny Harriman and many other pros are getting out of the game of pool. There are professional and private issues that have made this situation difficult for all involved. Most are unaware of how this has impacted Danny on all levels. Most people will berate the UPA, yet nobody will call Frank Alvarez and ask him questions. If you did call Frank, you would be more than impressed with his professional repsonse to your questions, and you would be very surprised when you find out that he is also working to find a solution to this issue. You would also find everything that has been done to prevent this from occurring in the future. If you call Brady, he will tell you why he came up short on payment. He will also tell you why it has taken him so long to correct this. He can't pay what he doesnt have, but he IS willing to pay. Once Danny is paid in full, the next step is work on communication between Danny and the UPA to see if we can get him back to the tour. Nobody wants Danny out of pool except the few people that seem to be cheering for him to stay away. I think that is sad considering all the time that has been put in to try and correct this.
 

Teddy Harris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blackjack said:
Roach
In speaking with all parties involved, you must understand that everybody has made mistakes (including Danny Harriman) in regards to this issue...
As Brady so eloquently pointed out in his post, where were you when his event was being held? Did you support it in any way? If you didn't, then as a fan you remain part of the problem as to why Danny Harriman and many other pros are getting out of the game of pool...
There are professional and private issues that have made this situation difficult for all involved. Most are unaware of how this has impacted Danny on all levels...
If you call Brady, he will tell you why he came up short on payment. He will also tell you why it has taken him so long to correct this. He can't pay what he doesnt have, but he IS willing to pay...
Nobody wants Danny out of pool except the few people that seem to be cheering for him to stay away...
I think that is sad considering all the time that has been put in to try and correct this.
Everything you have done is to be commended. All of your posts are informative, eloquent, and very professional. I always look forward to your posts, David.
I would like to say that these highlights of your post in particular are very well said. My guess is that if everyone involved in this post had their balls on the chopping block every day like most trendsetters, they would look differently upon this situation.
IMHO, Brady took a shot...put on an outstanding event...had to endure very bad weather and didn't get the support he needed from the fans as a result, and checked up a little short. That's the way it goes...
I commend him for having the nuts to try it. He is young, and will have many more opportunites to pursue his dreams. I know he will succeed in the long run. I wish him nothing but the best of luck, and I personally look forward to, and will support his next event.
 

stevelomako

We bust hustlers
Silver Member
Barry told Mika to...NEVER...play at the OPEN again cause he was bugging him to pay him his money.

Mika kept asking about his money during the OPEN and Barry would say come back a little later and I'll take care of it and Mika would come back and Barry would tell him come back a little later and finally Barry got hot and told him to quit bugging him and never come back to his tournament.
 

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brady
I dont know you but I do think that your post is an honest one. Added money should be there before hand and not rely on ticket sales.
Perhaps it was a case of living and learning and hopefully it all gets cleared up.
You are still young and probably have great contacts in the pool world.
I would not give up on it. Clear up the baggage and start again smaller.

IMO you have always expressed the event problems as yours and thats
commendable and respected.

I did not attend but have attended the US Open. Now I live on the west coast and it makes it more difficult to attend the larger events back east.

Another thing....dont give up on AZ. Theres good people here and even if people have differences everyone can get along. You have made good steps.





BradyBehrman said:
I have made a few payments to the players and to the UPA. The forums dont have anything to do with it. I came up short in the end. Danny was MIA and i did not hear from him until tuesday, 2 days after the event so unfortunately he missed out.

I gave promoting a large event a try and things didnt work out. I got snowed in and came up 10k short of the 30k added but had to spend 15k more than anticipated to operate the event. Riser company couldnt make the trip so i had to hire a local company which cost almost twice as much, 7K. The hotel did not fulfil the agreed upon room nights, that cost me my 6500.00 deposit and the list goes on. Vendors did horible because of the weather and i took the loss and did not charge them the full amount, maybe dumb, but it was my event, I LOSE as do many promoters of pool.

I attempted to do something for pool and got burned. The event went without a hitch until the payday ofcourse. Total purse with 96 of the Best Players in the world was 54,000.00, pretty hefty for 96 players. I had 44k, that didnt work. This was my event entirely at the age of 25. The Mid-Atlantic Disaster as I call it was one of the strongest caliber of players ever in any event. I let the pool world down and appologize.

Did anyone from this board attend my event?

This is my last post in the forums and I wish all of you the best of luck. I will continue my path.

Brady Behrman
 

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stevelomako said:
Barry told Mika to...NEVER...play at the OPEN again cause he was bugging him to pay him his money.

Mika kept asking about his money during the OPEN and Barry would say come back a little later and I'll take care of it and Mika would come back and Barry would tell him come back a little later and finally Barry got hot and told him to quit bugging him and never come back to his tournament.
Mika did a lot more than "bug" Barry.
He got quite nasty with Barry, especially after Mika suffered his second loss and was out of the tournament. He was totally unprofessional and I have lost a lot of respect for that man.
 

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
frankncali said:
(snip) Heck its been almost 4 years since Mika's nonpayment.
In the middle there were 3 more Opens. Barry should run for congress.

lol...thanks for the laugh, frankncali. Tragic, but true and digustingly funny.

As to the public vs. private solution: Privacy officially died last month with the REAL ID act. It's been on the decline for a long time, anyway. At least the internet has given the individual victim a powerful tool for venting and exposing dishonesty. I say, yahoo!!!

The promoters and "protectors" cannot hide from this anymore. Exposure has happened and will happen with each fraud, again and again. Tough cookies, boys. Oh, this exposure didn't have anything to do with any repayments?... lol another good one. If the powers-that-be refuse to answer to their money sources (that's us, folks), then what happens to any future payments to them?.....hmmmm?

Living in glass houses makes this a whole new world. Get used to it....it ain't goin' away---ever!

Jeff Livingston
 

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rich R. said:
Mika did a lot more than "bug" Barry.
He got quite nasty with Barry, especially after Mika suffered his second loss and was out of the tournament. He was totally unprofessional and I have lost a lot of respect for that man.

Rich, right after Mika's last encounter with Barry Behrman inside the Chesapeake Conference Center, I was standing out front in the "smoking lounge" like the tourist, trying to snap a few pics. Mika storms through the exit, and I had not known until much later why he was so angry.

I said, "Mika, can I please get a picture of you and Keith before you depart?," and he immediately changed his facial expression and gave me a sweet smile.

I know how much it costs for a player -- and a spectator for that matter -- to attend the 8-days-long U.S. Open in Virginia. Between the $500 entry fee, $100 per night of hotel costs (including the tax), food and travel expenses, I'd imagine it's possible for Mika to be stuck anywhere from $1,500 to $2,500 for this event, depending on if he shared a room with another player.

One way to help Mika and maybe other players in his shoes -- and this is only my opinion -- would be to give Mika a FREE $500 entry fee to all upcoming U.S. Opens as a good-faith effort to pay back some of the monies owed to him. If the previous U.S. Open winners get a free entry fee, I would think this gesture could be doable and may be a good way to help get some of the monies due back in the player's pocket. :p

JMHO, FWIW!

JAM
 

Attachments

  • Mika and Keith at 2004 US Open.JPG
    Mika and Keith at 2004 US Open.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 706

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RichardCranium said:
...Asking about if people attended your event will only make you seem stand-offish. By posting on this forum and then saying this is your last post makes it seem like your trying to "hide" from the situation....These two things will NOT help your reputation in my opinion.

RichardCranium, I was there at "The Inaugural Mid-Atlantic 9-Ball Championships," which occurred on January 22-26, 2003, in Chesapeake, Virginia, at the Holiday Inn. It had one of the best player fields I had ever seen. It was awesome!

This particular event occurred on the heels of the week-long Derby City Classic in Louisville and JOB's Music City Open. There was a huge snow blizzard which occurred during this event, preventing paying spectators from attending. To make matters worse, it was also Super Bowl weekend. Right after Christmas, it is difficult for some folks to come up with extra funds to go to a pool tournament, and the Inaugural Mid-Atlantic 9-Ball Championship suffered greatly because of all the above-referenced reasons.

I personally spoke to a vendor who told me out of his mouth that he wasn't paying Brady Behrman one penny because he sold nothing, due to lack of attendance. Although the ultimate responsible party is the promoter himself, there were extenuating circumstances here which ultimately caused the financial hardship resulting in some players not getting paid.

Truth be told, even though my horse didn't do well at that tournament, I had one of the BEST times I'd ever had on the tournament trail. The venue was magnificant, and the caliber of play was topnotch. Brady Behrman can only "say" or post so much as it pertains to the current situation at hand relating to Danny Harriman. I applaud his efforts in this regard and hope to see this baby come to a close.

And, Danny, stop banging your head and start banging pool balls. You don't have to wear a red-white-and-blue patch to be all that you can be. However, if it is your desire to be a member of the current "governing body of men's professional pool," then, by all means, pay the 100 bucks and wear a patch. You're still the same Danny Harriman to me, a professional pool player, one of the United States' finest, with or without that $100 patch on your arm. JMHO, FWIW!

JAM
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top